THIS WAS GOOD

THIS WAS GOOD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KBIL23V1_xA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the last refugee is fucking great

I really liked it, some tracks near the end kinda fell flat though. Deja Vu, Last Refugee, and the title track definitely make up the best chunk.

Way better than Endless river that's for damn sure

Strong 7

I'm happy to see this as the top thread

Picture That also came out great, and the last song was more than a nice surprise of a happier ending for once to a Waters album

solid 8, probably 2nd favorite album of the year because 2017 has been so lame

Am I crazy to think the album cover is a reference to The Wall? I think it's by now generally agreed that the album is full of Pink Floyd references both lyrically and musically, yes?

What's your aoty?

Probably that Sun Kil Moon album, granted I haven't listened to anything "underground" this year like Oxbow or that shit because I've been trying to listen to every album Pitchfork gives a BNM as some sort of challenge or some shit

I mean it is possible, and I mean I was surprised to not hear at least one Trump wall joke throughout it.

But more likely than not I think its probably a more "the curtains are blue" scenario or possibly the book that the words are blanked from has some significance?

well your a faggot then because that oxbow album is great and so are a lot of other albums this year

Common as Light or 30 Seconds? I prefer Common as Light but like them both.

Oh shit I didn't even think about the Trump connection.

The book that the words are blanked from?

Not sure about the cover but there's absolutely musical and lyrical references. Deja Vu is crazy good if you consider it the spiritual successor to "If" off atom heart mother.

Boi I said I jut haven't listened to those albums yet, I love Oxbow, I'm kind of saving it t b h
Definitely Common as Light, 30 Seconds was just okay

I'm not confident but in the trailer you see the book getting blanked out and for some reason i feel like there may be something more to the book he chose to show.

I'm going to go rewatch the trailer for it and do some googling and see if I can find out what book it is.

Looking through these are just the lyrics to the title track typed out. So my theory is blown out of the water

Ok interesting I'll look for it as well.

Nah I think you basically nailed it. The cover symbolizes redaction. Although metaphorically that could be a walking some sort but it looks to be a direct reference to government redaction.

Fucking autocorrect

Walking = wall of

youtube.com/watch?v=KBIL23V1_xA
Hey guys I found something relevant

Oh interesting just based on that photo it looks like the cover does also serve as a metaphor for a wall.

Old man yells at cloud: the album

this is definitely the closest we'll get to a proper modern pink floyd record. any given track could be from one of their 70s records. sounds closer to that then anything after the final cut

Remember when people thought that Gilmour would be the main carryover from Floyd?
How the tides have turned

gilmourfags are awful

Where does it rank in Roger Waters' solo discography?

Just came back from his concert in denver, I agree