What went wrong?

What went wrong?

racemixing

Charisma Carpenter

This, she tried to hide her pregnancy and storyline got fucked up around that time.

>Implying Season 5 wasn't the best season.

>According to a 2005 interview, about a month after filming the last episode of Angel, Hallett suffered a dental infection which spread through the bloodstream to his heart, leading to a case of cardiomyopathy, for which he spent five days in the hospital.
>Five years after first experiencing heart problems, and after at least three additional hospitalizations, Hallett died from congestive heart failure on March 29, 2009 at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles with his father by his bedside.[8] He was 33 years old.

Damn you, Wolfram & Hart.

Was fine until Connor came back, then it was crap

Is it a pretty common sentiment that Angel was far superior to Buffy?

pretty much

G U N N E R single handedly ruined the show for me.

That had to be a hell of a dental infection

Connor

I impregnated her so...i have no complaints. Pussy was 10/10.

Who the fuck names their kid Charisma?

The same people who name their kids mercedes or blue ivy

It had its moments.

David got fat and old

It wasn't Buffy.

It was literally better in almost every way.

>muh constant relationshit drama
>muh smug gurl powah protag
>muh quirky made up words
>muh martial arts muh making fun of guns
>muh annoying pubescent twerp introduced to appeal to muh kids

Yes

buffy got so self-parodying in the end. god damn all these stupid joke characters and forced melodrama, it weighed heavily on the quality.

Is there a character who has a better arch than Welsey in the entire history of television and film?

I don't think what you think Buffy was and what it actually was are the same thing.

Buffy was ALWAYS self-parody, joke characters and melodrama. Always.

Even in the fucking movie.

>arch

wait there was a movie?
Is it good?

I have nostalgia feels for Buffy season 3 (for some reason I didn't watch Angel at the time but only many years later).
But over the whole shows, Angel is definitively better.

The movie predates the series yeah and it's pretty fun

Wesley is objectively best boy of all time

But Mercedes is a legit name, you ignoramus

This. Early on he was prime husbando material.

;_;

Poor Lorne, thats why you dont neglect dental hygiene kiddos

Not if you're a white girl it isn't

why does amy acker look like summer glau in that picture? it seriously doesnt even look like amy wtf

>Buffy
3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 7 > 6

>Angel
2 > 3 = 1 > 4 > 5

Wesley is fucking amazing.

the melodrama in the early seasons was light and tolerable. The melodrama in the later seasons is pure cringe

Nothing. It's fucking perfect. My favorite show.

Second half of Season 4.
The rest is good.

I think the highs of Angel were a lot better than Buffy, but when it was bad, it was really bad. I'd have to give it to Buffy for being better overall

Buffy was better overall.

Angel had entire story arcs that were objectively terrible.
The storyline with The Beast and Jasmine for example.

Angel never jumped the shark, Buffy did. It's hardly the more consistent series

Unless you're one of those people that actually like the trainwreck UPN years?

not enough cross overs with Buffy

Angel jumped in season 4.
Buffy got bad but never that bad.

I think it's pretty much perfect as well. I don't even mind Connor, the hyperbolic hatred for him is ridiculous.

My second favorite show after Farscape

charisma carpenter fucked over the production staff and they had to scramble to write around her pregnancy, which made most of season 4 a mess.

Season 5 is easily the best season though. They dropped Connor and cordelia, and it fucking ruled.

Shark Jumping implies a state of no return.
4 was shit in both series, and their 5th seasons redeemed them both
The difference is that Angel stopped on a high, while Buffy trucked on and never recovered from 6

Connor.

Always Connor.

>the Angel season 4 is bad meme
It's fantastic, and Buffy season 7 is hands down the worst season of either series

its 'arc' and no, Wesley is literally GOAT character arc in television

>4 was great in both series
ftfy

After Season 4 Angel was never the same.
5 is good, but it could never beat S1 - 3.
S 5 was good mostly because of Wesley.

S4 is the lowest point in the series, in both Buffy and Angel.

>implying there was anything good about season 4 for either series
I lie, the episode in Angel where they think they're teenagers again was pretty GOAT.

And whenever Spike showed up at Giles' and it was GOAT banter between the two of them

it's all relative. Both shows are still great even at their worst, just because the characters are so well developed.

LMAO BEST EPISODE EVER?! XD

probably immunocompromise underlying that, if you know what i mean

Best Angel episode is Lullaby. Any other opinion is wrong

The Faith/Angelus arc is GOAT, the finale is great and Wesley/Lilah is phenomenal in season 4. I think it's almost as good as season 3

As for Buffy season 4, the only flaw is the story arc which isn't even the main focus. The season is mostly standalone episodes, and great ones at that. Also Spike, Anya and Giles are at their best

Wait, Andy Hallet was gay? Shit I thought he was just really good at playing a gay demon

False, the best Angel episode is A Hole in the World

I don't give a FUCK if it was better, it wasn't Buffy

Do you post this in all threads if they aren't about the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

If you're a contrarian yes.
I mean I love both shows but the lows of Angel were just too much.
Buffy was bad for a couple episodes in Season 1 and 2 and then went on to be great til the end of its run aside from a couple of bad filler episodes.

We'd all love to think that, but he literally was a gay demon

>thinks the last two seasons of Buffy are "great"
>calls other people contrarians

Season 6 is arguably the best one, people are just mad that the show evolved instead of staying in high school for 7 years.

Oh you'll get a load alright, you little whore. I don't get the bullshit claim that season 6 had forced melodrama. It definitely was dour and depressing but it fit the plotting and honestly I thought it was fascinating. Something so depressing about that subtle shot of Buffy in the fastfood place uniform

Only season 7 you could argue was mostly shit but at least it

he played the piano

>I don't get the bullshit claim that season 6 had forced melodrama.
Then you were clearly out back taking a piss when the Magic addiction asspull and Xander/Anya episodes were playing

>asspull

They've literally been saying "Be careful, magic can become dangerous" since season 1, actually pay attention.

No shit, sherlock.
But they never said that it was a literal addiction.
They bypassed an actually interesting concept of Willow getting even and surpassing Buffy, but getting drunk with power, to lazily saying she got addicted and went crazy

jews

Angel is by far the better of the two shows, just by virtue of having introduced the world to Amy Acker.

There is no television program that cant be vastly improved by casting Amy Acker in it.