Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums
25 y/o 285 pound male here.

Basically I'm 100-115 pounds overweight (obviously overly obese) I'm not looking for a shortcut or anything to loose weight. I know exactly what food plan worked for me in the past and all I need now is an exercise plan. (I can visit a nutritionist too for extra help with that)

I know many say to go for a run and whatnot, but that to me feels inhumanly as fuck. I don't mind going for long walks, but I need to know how far I need to walk to make my metabolism kick into gear. I could work the push-ups and sit-ups in there as well. Open to other core body workout suggestions.

I'm just tired of being tired/lazy. Sleep would be awesome to have, but my weight causes sleep apnea, so my quality of life blows.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated from those willing to give actual advice. Inb4 herp derp eat less. Thanks guy, appreciate your time in this thread.

Sauce?

Way to try and be a manorexic cuck faggot 115 pounds... Psh faggot

Why does running feel "inhumanly" as fuck? Walking's really not going to do shit man, you need to get your heartrate up to burn calories fast. Running is the simplest way of doing that but if your autism stops you then swim, bike or something?

Burpees or 8 count pushups would be good too, if your weight allows for it. Both decent full body exercises no requiring weights.

Buy a smartwatch and you have to get more steps every day. Start by getting 10,000 and then ramp it up after that.

I'm did this down 375 to 225 and I did 16,000 steps yesterday.

swim homie

full body exercise and less impact on your joints wich will hurt as you lose weight.

I was at 270 earlier this year and now im down to 245-250

the first 20lb is easy if you change your diet, its keeping on the diet as the hunger hits when you work harder further down the line.

also throw lemon in your water, a little goes a long way.

seconded. swimming is the best exercise, even more so when you dont know good form.

30 minutes cardio (whatever you prefer), every morning, before breakfast. That way energy comes directly from your body has in stock. Worked wonders for me, just drink a large glass of water before and after, dehydration can be a bitch, especially after several hours sleeps.
Also pro tip, wake up sleepy and it won't go away ? Dehydration, drink a tall glass of water and it should fix itself in a few minutes

Not OP but what's the lemon in the water for? Vitamins or something?

Try walking at least 3 miles at a time. Walk fast. Try for 18 minute miles. It's not running but it's fast. I lost 30lbs in the first month. And start doing push-ups. As many as you can at a time

lose weight? diet and running
gain muscle? diet and lifting
toning? swimming

swimming burns very few calories as opposed to running and core exercises won't do shit unless you're already fairly skinny

diet is the most important thing by far, then cardio

It's Wendy.
Thanks for your useful I fam.
It's physically impossible for me to run a block much less running consistently. Thanks for the feedback though. However once I lose some of this weight I do plan on running and then the run/jog/walk method.
Burpies are a bitch, but I'm with you on that one. Will do
My rents all have one but me. I guess I'll opt to get one soon then.

Get off Sup Forums and go to /adv/ or
/fit/

So seriously is this a new marketing campaign from Wendy's or something? Not only has there been a huge influx of Wendygirl posting but I have also seen a lot more people claiming to be a "chef" at Wendy's. Not any other fast food place but Wendy's in particular.

That said What you need to do OP is start eating vegetables. Don't eat a small amount of food and be hungry all the time because eventually you will break down and go back to eating garbage. You wouldn't be in this position in the first place if this where not the case. Eat a lot of vegetables and drink a lot of water and be full all the time. I suggest you make a big salad out of the following: Purple cabbage, Nappa Cabbage, Jicama, and Fennel Bulb. These are cheap, low in calories, filling, they last a long time so you can make a huge batch and eat it for a week and they actually taste very nice together. Just don't use a heavy cream based dressing. Either a light vinaigrette or nothing at all.

For exercise you need to do some cardio. You won't be able to run far with your weight so instead you should do intermittent jogging and walking. Jog for 30 seconds and then walk for a minute and repeat. You want your heart to be beating fast and your breathing to be heavy but not so much you are forced to stop. After a while your body will get used to actually moving and you can start thinking of running.

>It's Wendy.
No, who's the cosplayer?

I've got a pool at my place and when it gets hot out here in Cali I'll be swimming quite a bit. Although I might end up getting a pass to the local water park where I can do laps.
Got it, fuck, I dislike working out early in the morning because I'm typically a night owl.
Perfect, 3 miles was what I'd decided on starting out with. Eventually I'll start walking more then eventually running.

Any advice on an excellent pair of shoes to wear?
Copy that

Ok

>Not only has there been a huge influx of Wendygirl posting but I have also seen a lot more people claiming to be a "chef" at Wendy's. Not any other fast food place but Wendy's in particular.
I think the Wendy posting is viral advertising, and you're just seeing lots of people saying they work at Wendy's because it is a relevant response to the viral marketing.

Yeah doing shit early isn't easy, I was just like, going to sleep at 3 am getting up 2pm whenever I could. It's gonna be hard at first, but you'll get into the rhythm and actually feel way better even before losing weight. Hang in there user, getting started is the hardest, it becomes a cakewalk after a few weeks

Do u use a cpap machine?

Any shoes. You sound like me now, I'm sad an lazy. I avoid with questions and over thinking everything. The only time it work for me is when I just did it. Bare foot, we all used to be bare, boots, they do it in the army, sneakers, fuck em up and buy new ones. Fuck I want to walk to work right now

Screenshoted your post. I absolutely love balsamic vinaigrette with my salad and that's the only dressing I use. I enjoy vegetables, but I never ate them in large quantities. Appreciate the feedback.

Perhaps its Megan Coffey

Fuckin strength train bro. Dont listen to these pussies, with all their "dont lift just calisthenics" bull shit

If you dont gain muscle, you aint doin shit. What you want to burn "fat" its not a fucking thing that magically disappears becaise you are moving around. You want to make friends with your bodys pal, metabolism, and the way yojr body metabolises fat, is through muscle, the more you either work on your muscle size and strength, the more inclined your body is to use that stored energy.

So weight training, and dont do fhcking cardio, cardio is for pussies, focus on intense excersizes like spring or cycling hard, do these in sets, your aerobic work will basically be the rests in between high intensity workout, as in PADDLE FUCKING HARD FAGGOT then resting for about 45 secs to 1 and a half minutes befire high intensity lose your fucking breath abd vurn the shit out of your leggies.

Deadlifts
Seated leg press
Tricep extensions with dumbells
Farners walks
Bench press
Wrist curls
Sit ups and v ups eventually
Etc.

Weights are your key to fucking being in strong body, dont work out like an old man, with all this power walkingn jogging, no sprinting bullshit.

Also when you do your weights, dont fucking do high reps, with three sets, do atleast 5 sets of an intense enough weight where you are only able to do 6 or less reps in good form. Rest about 3 mins inbetween sets.

Strength is key brah. Dont try to go for skinny like a pussy, the two tenets of real hard work is accuracy and efficiency, and buildin up your brauns is the only thing that qualifies as both, plus you get to eat a shitload for your fitness, instead of minimizing your intake of food like an insecure little highschool girl. Youre not a girl right? You got testicles? Time to show your testicular fortitude and put those balls to work brah. God intended men to be strong, not desk jockey little pussies, leave that shit for the chicks.

Water fast for 30 days straight. Trust me OP you won't die, your body will eat off of the fat before you start to get into starvation mode. You'll need to drink about a gallon a day though but you do fuck all and you'll drop like 40 pounds, barely any muscle loss either. I did it when I was 50 pounds overweight. I went from 170-130.

You're a retard. In terms of calories burnt, there's pretty much no difference between running a mile, and walking a mile.

In fact, if OP is that overweight, walking is better for him because running will put too much strain on his body.

OP, you cannot out-train a bad diet.
>Inb4 herp derp eat less

But it's true. You could run 10 miles a day, but if your diet is shit you won't lose weight.

Start by cutting the amount of carbs/sugars you eat. Replace with fresh veg and protein. Be careful of fruit as it's high in sugar.

So even If I stay up late as long as I exercise after waking up I'll be golden right?

I went from 260ish to about 210 rn

(Granted I have been lazy/gluttonous for the past 6 months)

Honestly, drugs and walking helped me lose weight. Basic training probably helped too lmao

I almost think that is hannah minx

>Fuckin strength train bro
>You want to make friends with your bodys pal
>Strength is key brah

Not only do you sound like a retard, but you're full of shit.

This is stupid.

Crash dieting doesn't work. OP needs to change his attitudes towards food and exercise.

I don't, nor have I been to visit the doctor in years. I've got medical insurance, so I'll be visiting soon.
Ayyy, I wear steal toe boots since my security job requires my wearing boots. I've noticed my feet killing me after a couple miles though.
I'm with on this one m8

Listen faggot, do anaerobics. Pushups, situps (probably crunches for you), and pullups (get a strong bar). Figure out your max on those, amd do AT LEAST half your max per day. You'll also want to do weight training.

Beating your rolls with something like a broken broom handle helps for some people. Post workout though, and don't do it hard enough to leave bruises. Hard enough to hurt, not hard enough to bruise. Try it out and see if it helps you.

OP asked for a quick way to drop his weight. I gave him one. Water fasting is pretty fucking hard to do without caving into the pressure od being hungry every damn day but it beats working out when you're a fat slob.

>I'm not looking for a shortcut or anything to loose weight

No he didn't.

Ok well its a good step in the right direction because trust me. After you've done water fasting you'll have the mental dedication to say no to whatever is infront of you. Its the next best thing for OP.

This pic makes my dick think about becoming rock hard but doesn't bother due to years of depression and knowing I'll never meat this gorgeous Wendy and eat her burger.

Did not read anything OP wrote.

>go for a run
If you're interested in using your knees for another few years, don't run with that weight.
Get a lot closer or below 200 lbs and get yourself proper running shoes with good soles before running.
Hitting the gym is fine (also added benefit of higher metabolism through more muscles), cycling, swimming, even hiking will be ok.

Thanks user, going half of my max set sounds like a good start.

Lol thanks for the bump tho
Excellent, I do enjoy going for a hike. Never much of a gym person since I disliked seeing everyone with their fit bodies and I'm a little antisocial.

Reduce caloric intake to 1200 calories per day and walk 3.5 miles every day, stick to this until you reach the weight you want to be then eat 1500 to 1800 calories, but continue doing the walks forever, maybe even start jogging once the walking becomes easy.

Check out couch to 5 k program fatty.
Might be a little harder for you to reach out quickly, but the key is progression. You need to push your boundary everytime by a little.
Come back to/b/ or/fit/ when you lose your focus.

Make sure to eat a healthy breakfast everyday, it starts your metabolism up. When you skip it, it goes into sleep mode basically.

I would recommend modified burpies. Do a squat, as you come back up transition into a jumping jack, and then drop and do a diamond push up followed by a wide arm push up, then repeat. They work especially we'll when combined with cardio - I'd recommend swimming laps (easier on joints than running) - so swim a few laps, get out of pool do a set of burpies, repeat. You'll have to learn your own starting limits for how many you can do, but always make sure to set goals each day of doing just a few more than last time, and make sure to give you're self a rest day every 3rd day to let your muscles heal. Light yoga before bed will also help ease muscle aches.

Make sure to cut out junk food (obviously) and soda. I lost 10lbs just from cutting soda out of my diet without doing anything else.

It'll take time user, so don't get discouraged. I went from 180lbs, of fat that struggled to do one pushup, to 180lbs of muscle that can bench his own weight in 8months.

Just don't get down when you don't see instant gains.

Telling someone who's 115 lbs overweight to do pullups?

Are you actually retarded?

went from 225 to 150 in 6 months, just dont eat you fat cunt

Fucking so simple....

- Eat 1500-1700 a day - Track it all on myfitnesspal
- Drink water at least 2-3L a day, don't gulp it down, spread it.
- Eat a mix of lean meat, veges and carbs. Doesn't matter when
- Eat breakfast
- Keep processed foods to a minimum
- Walk 30 minutes for 1 month, up to 1 hour after that, nothing more.

Do that for 6 months and if it's working well then change it up, maybe add bike riding, reduce calories down again or maybe make food a bit cleaner and shred down again.

/problem solved.

You're welcome. So I'll give some simple tips that have probably already been stated. Only drink water and drink lots of it. Walk at least an hour everyday. Stop snacking. If you must snack, eat vegetables. Spend a lot less time sitting/lying down. Try to keep moving. Don't eat before you sleep.

If you can keep that up and it's easy for you, start actually working out. Start lifting weights; curls, shoulder press, pushups, crunches, squats, just do it. Don't complicate things, just do the basics for now to get in better shape. Building muscle will help you burn fat quicker.

Don't complain or sit around looking for answers. There's no "trick" to burning fat. You just get up and do it.

And eat clean.

this. I went from 240 last year to 190, it's easy and you'll have so much more confidence

It's best to start simple and move from there. At first stop drinking anything other then water. Then stop eating crap and try to stick with mostly meat and a bit of fruit/veggie. Big thing though, make sure to keep your protein levels up while losing weight. You don't want to lose all your muscle like I did. 320 -> 175.

Thanks Sup Forumsuds for the useful information. I kind of bet a friend that's I'd lose the majority of my weight by the end of the year and I'm hoping I can do it. Basically if I don't make it I told him he can beat me up and I'd owe him a new ps4 pro. If I win he buys me a ps4 pro and I'm in shape.

respect.

That's what I'm hoping for. Best thing is I'd probably look fairly attractive if I did. Probably an 7-7.5 out of 10 I'm just fucking lazy as hell.

It's her

Right back at ya. I threw the beating in there because I know he could whoop my ass easily and I'm not keen on pain.

if your 100 pounds over weight ur a 3 at best bro

Drink up to gallon distilled water a day
Stop eating processed foods
Adopt a Whole Foods plant based diet
Do not drink soda alcohol or smoke cigarettes
Drink green tea (burns fat)
Train Brazilian jiu jitsu
It's healthy to have a cheat day once a week once you lose weight sleep apnea will disappear.

And I'm antisocial af. Probably a high 3 though if I dress to impress maybe even a low 4. However I don't give a fuck how I dress.

Check out simplefit.com for simple exercise routines using just your body weight. Easy and cheap.
Good luck user!

you gotta try bud. u want a fine ass gf? get in shape, get job, get money

no such thing as a woman who's going to love you for you (not if ur on Sup Forums anyway). u gotta work at it bro, better you do finer ur chick and happier u are

I went from 300 pounds to 175 in my late teens, I did run a single mile. Exercise is overvalued when it comes to any kind of significant weight loss. Simply limit your caloric intake and stick to it. Walk some and try to be more active, strenuous exercise is likely to make you more hungry and it will be harder to stick to a diet.

I didn't start running until I lost my weight, now it's something enjoyable I do several times a week to stay fit. Not a bloody chore to lose weight.

and rt now how you dress doesnt matter. priority needs to be getting in shape (develop a second hobby if u can, serial killering is always cool) and after ur back in shape and u develop the suggested hobby you get good clothes

not that previous user but good. too many fatties (esp women) spend money on a ton of clothes and makeup and shit yet they keep getting fatter, this brainwashing is no good.

if you claim you could be a like 7/10 if you lost x lbs, i don't necessarily doubt that. i was born with aesthetics but i was a skeleton. since i have been gaining weight and gotten ripped my number has only gone up and basically everything in life has become easier.

* I didn't run a single mile

A quick way would be to stand infront of a fucking train op

wrist curls

da fuq are you talking about??
Yes, weights are teh best way to lose weight and get in shape.

If you can't afford weights, I had great results using sand bags in an army surplus duffle bag and a free tire and a tow strap/ TONS of good austere workout vids on youtube

no fired foods
no sodas
no pizza
limit drinkable calories like OJ and Gatorade
drink more water- aim for 64 ounces a day.
eat more veggies and fruit

( the army says that water + cardio = fat burning)

what about hired foods?

It's also a common misconception that cardio is the only way to lose fat. It's not. Muscle burns far way more affectively than running. Build muscle. Lift weights. Hit the gym. Not saying shy away from cardio but don't solely rely on it.

But muscle burns and eats fat.

GO TO /fit/!!!

DO A FAST DRINK NOTHING BUT WATER for 20 days you WILL LOSE 80 pounds and not lose muscle mass

Hey, I started losing weight with a stationary bike, before I got into running. Running when you're overweight is not good anyways. You can watch series while cycling. Just make sure you get one which can support your 285 pounds. (most I've seen state a max. of 220 pounds)

Up your protein intake, and cut back on carbs. With the myfitnesspal app and a digital scale you should just measure everything. It's easier if you buy the same foods, but with variety of course. Then you can log them faster. Generally, you should set a goal of losing -0.5/-0.75kg per week. The first two weeks are always the hardest. Also set a goal of 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat. It's not a disaster if you can't keep it, it's only the ideal.

Also, try lifting 3 times a week, you can google for beginner workout routines. If you can afford a personal trainer for a month or so, to help you do the exercises properly, it's good. Otherwise, check multiple sources for the proper execution.

Drink at least 3 liters of water a day. Don't measure your weight every day, more like every other week. Abstain from alcohol, as it slows down your metabolism. Drinking a beer or two once or twice a month doesn't hurt that much, but it's a lot of calories anyways.

Also keep in mind, if you've lost the weight, you can't go back to your previous lifestyle without getting obese again. It's a lifestyle choice.

I've lost 30kgs so far, slowly, but surely. Good luck OP!

>implying ingesting 0 protein for a month does not kill the muscle mass

Weight loss is 80% diet. The amount of calories you burn by running for 45 minutes is equal to a piece of toast with jam.

That said, you are in a unique position to be able to gain muscle mass while cutting weight. Normally you can only do one or the other.

I'd recommend doing a full body workout 3 days per week with bodyweight only until it feels too easy, then do some research on what you want to do next.

An example workout to get you started:

>squat 20 times, rest repeat 3 times (3x20)
>pushup 3x10
>plank 3x15 seconds
>lunges 3x20
>dumbbell rows 3x10 (fill milk jug will water to start)
>jumping jacks 3x30

Use YouTube to look up proper form and dont cheat on reps because you're only cheating yourself. Don't get into "magic number counting", 10 reps is arbitrary and should be the point where you cannot do another one with proper form, don't hold back on one set so you can do all of them to ten. If on the first one you do 15 the second you do 10 and the third you can only do 5 that's much better than only doing 10 each time...you get my drift.

Good luck user

Taste would be my guess

it's for the protein

I would also add that the biggest part of this is mental. You need to stop being a fat person mentally otherwise you will fail. You don't need to work out/diet, you need to be someone that works out and diets.

Is it realistic to lose weight just by dieting? Want to lose like 20kg but fucking hate all types of fitness. I walk a fair bit during the day though I guess

Hi user, former fatty here. You certainly DON'T want to go for a run. At your current weight, you would only succeed at ruining your knees and possibly your ankles.

What you need is going to a gym and start with cardio for a few weeks to improve your heart condition and already lose a few pounds - at least one hour on one or more machines, excluding the threadmill for the moment, and three times a week at least, four being ideal.

When you feel ready, start combining half an hour of cardio for warmup then work on your muscle mass. The trick is that with a greater muscle mass,your metabolism will naturally burn more calories each day. You can improve that by buying fat burner pills : take natural ones based on caffeine, guarana, matein and this kind of stuff. It also usually contain chrome picolinate, which helps regulating your appetite. The point of these pills is to accelerate metabolism, and thus burn calories faster. The most effective, though, is to join collective lessons like body pump or spinning. With these once a week along with normal workout to reach the 3 times a week, I managed to lose around 60 pounds of fat in 6 months, also building up around 20 pounds of muscle. My figure has radically change and I can wear clothes I could wear for ages.

Last but not least : the best trick to stay commited to that workout routine is DON'T GO ALONE !!! Many times did I give up for lack of motivation because I was doing that alone or because partners had given up and it started to feel like a chore. Find yourself someone more motivated than you are and who will drag you there by force if needed. After some time, anyway, you'll be motivating each other because you'll start to see the benefits and get hyped.

I hope this will help you. Godspeed, user !

if you do it you will look like a sock full of shit, you won't ever get toned

and you have to lose almost all the fat to look skeltor, before that, you will just look like shit

shit in a sock

just look at the girls you know who are in their late 20s, the ones who eat every shit, but only a little of everything, so they are not overweight, but they are saggy as fuck

Also, here are the pills I'm currently on. Pretty effective, but you have to keep in mind that it doesn't replace workout, it just makes it more efficient. You have to take one every morning, then another 30 minutes before a workout. Don't take more than the one in the morning if you're not doing sports, because you'll get insomnia. Also, you can replace breakfast with a protein shake. And if you want to improve muscle building, another protein shake IMMEDIATELY after workout (not after just cardio, though).

One last warning : after your first workout with each muscle group, you'll probably hurt as hell for 2 to 3 days. It's a good sign, meaning that some of your muscle cells have been torn and you're rebuilding them stronger. But that means you want to avoid training all your muscles in one workout during the first weeks. Concentrate on one or two muscle groups each time instead, or you might not be able to even get out of bed the day after. Take it from a crazy fuck who can't aknowledge his own limits and knows about it firsthand.

Any tips for someone in OP's shoes but with the beetus? Currently controlled right now with mild diet change/medication. I tend to go low rather than high since starting meds, how much does exercise affect blood sugars?

No, that is utter bullshit. You'll look like shit with saggy skin and you'll gain back at least as much wheight when you resume normal diet.

Nope, no idea about how it plays out with diabeetus. You should seruously be asking that to your specialized doctor instead of Sup Forums. I'm sure he/she will encourage you working out anyway.