Aphex Twin - Field Day 2017 stream

What does Sup Forums think of the Aphex Twin field day stream?

youtube.com/watch?v=sK-uis770h4

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/90sTechnoQuotes
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5tOP-H42nNEOVF1Sy1YR2R6RUE/view
youtu.be/nzvLiwUK3R8
factmag.com/2017/06/04/listen-playlist-aphex-twin-field-day-set/
youtube.com/watch?v=nzvLiwUK3R8&t=4410s
youtube.com/watch?v=OZOrFV5lZ1w
youtube.com/watch?v=8PiwgpIlwIA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

twitter.com/90sTechnoQuotes

there's no next level beats

I am in the front row of that stream. You can actually see me tracking my peak after taking an ecstasy tab. 10 ten life experience seeing AT live

I was at field day but didnt feel like aphex after looking at the vast amount of people there.
Caught King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard and Slowdive instead.

great ending. set was meh. mostly tunes been hearing for long awhile. guess its cool aphex plays them live tho. good shoutouts to ppl who don't listen to "underground" electronics

The link op posted is down here
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5tOP-H42nNEOVF1Sy1YR2R6RUE/view

with my inability to sleep last night, i stayed up and watched the whole set until sun-up. was pretty fucking insane especially the noisecore stuff at the end with the visuals, even a pretty underground sc producer FLO got his track featured in the set which really surprised me. also big ups to the girl who flashed her cobweb tattooed titties on stream

What's the tracklist? I know some of the the song

youtu.be/nzvLiwUK3R8
Official video by the people that filmed it
Tracklist factmag.com/2017/06/04/listen-playlist-aphex-twin-field-day-set/

exactly 40 mins in

what does it mean

The majority of the text that popped on the screen was stuff that was entered into the password thing on the website
I'll check this out

1 hour 38 mins is the real festival MVP

Sorryfix link

youtube.com/watch?v=nzvLiwUK3R8&t=4410s

It was a banging night, the announcement of the terrorist attack near the end made my come up a bit weird though

youtube.com/watch?v=OZOrFV5lZ1w
this is cool

fuck.trump

I really want that slow version of the interstellar funk remix and the track at around 1h36m. Pretty sure the unknown track is just unreleased stuff but if anybody has a download of the first I mentioned I'll suck your cock

Are you gurl (gurl)?

I didn't know he usually just DJ's like that and thought it was weird. compared to what AE, V-snares, or Squarepusher do live it's kinda lame

He's been DJ'ing throughout his whole career. He started out as a DJ first before he started releasing tracks he made for his DJ sets in fact.

>compared to what AE, V-snares, or Squarepusher do live it's kinda lame
Do you even /bleep/ you mug?

youtube.com/watch?v=8PiwgpIlwIA

Yeah RIGHT dude

i didn't know that and it still seems lame in comparison. Like really makes me appreciate the whole other level AE is on, improvising hours of music while Aphex is pressing play on a laptop playing other people's tunes. It just seems really over blown the giant crowds and all the graphics and shit for his DJ sets. When I saw AE the room wasn't even full. I wonder if this is why Pierro Scruffi thinks Aphex is over rated

Post a screencrap of your smojphace

aelitist cunts are the absolute worst, it's a good thing their owners are actually pretty cool guys.

>all those people grooving to literally nothing at 6:30

I love drugs

Seriously. Everyone says AFX and BoC fans are the worst but Autechre fans are pretentious as fuck. I dig some of their music and appreciate their approach but their fans are shit

afx fans are garbage because they nothing about electronic music.
ae fans are garbage because they think know too much about electronic music

>implying afx fans don't like other electronic music because he's popular

all three are great, all three sound different, but motherfuckers like to walk around with their jerseys on talking about how their team's next album is gonna crush your teams like it's the playoffs or something. Also, coming to a thread about another artist and then saying how said artist is shit and your artist is better just looks extra thirsty.

Aphex fans number MUCH more than clueless Sup Forums kids. I think you spend too much time on this website and it's clouding your judgement. There's a bigger world out there than just Sup Forums.

>afx fans are garbage because they nothing about electronic music.
The ones that found avril 14 through Kanye are this, the ones that only listen to him and praise all his stuff are equally annoying.
You have to include squarepusher, plaid, mike, Luke, and arron fans into this too.

I think the video and audio were a bit out of sync

you guys are blowing this out of proportion. All I'm saying is that as someone who wasn't familiar with AFX live I was disappointed to find out he just DJ's when I was expecting to hear something else after seeing what other artists in his field are doing live. Its weird to me that his DJ sets are a bigger draw than the sets of other artists that are doing their own material and improvising and shit. Anyone remember Squarepusher's last live broadcast at the album release? that shit was nuts and barely anyone posted about it compared to AFX's field day set.

I agree Shobaleader One should get more attention but Aphex Twin isn't a multi-instrumentalist and hates working with other people so something like that wouldn't happen. And Autechre just tweak knobs in Max for two hours. I wish AFX played more of his own stuff but I dig his live sets, it flows well and introduces me to some new music. Still hoping he does a show with all his robots. That would be some next level shit

he definitely used to do more than mix tracks back at some point in his career, dunno if he does it anymore though. At field day he was manipulating tracks and at the end of his set when he was playing gabber I'm pretty sure he was generating other sounds too

He said he played Polynomial-C live at Day For Night, whatever that means. And he had a Eurorack at Field Day, probably for the intro and outro

Yeah wish I saw that, probably would have shed a tear.
He also did a live mix of Lisbon Acid