Wong Kar Wai

Can we have a Wong Kar Wai thread?

We've been inundated with capeshit these last few week, lets post about some real cinéma.

What's your favourite Wong flick?

If you're not going to start the conversation by bringing a point of discussion to thread you might as well fuck off.

>hurr what is u favorite X film? Capeshit is so stupit!!!
Great discussion, faggot.

Was it autism?

Favorite is probably that one, the obvious one I guess.

Really liked grandmaster and happy together

m8 it's a Wong Kar Wai general

You post anything you want about this director's work.

How about this: do you think Wong Kar Wai movies only work when Chris Doyle is controlling the camera?

fuck off you retarded shill

If I've never seen any of his films where is a good place to start? Preferably not the best film first because starting at the top kinda limits your expectations.

In the Mood for Love is probably the top, but it's also the best place to start. Otherwise Chungking Express. If you can handle the 80sness and far more typical Hong Konginess than the rest of his work, start with his first movie, As Tears go By (Remember that by Chungking Express he had evolved A LOT).

As Tears Go By is still a cool movie, but it's his first and it shows.

But I enjoy it as a comfy crime/romance

Why is Faye so autistic? Why does she continually listen to the same song over and over? Why does she break into men's apartments? Why is the blonde drug smuggler the better waifu and the better part of the movie?

In The Mood For Love

Faye was still recovering from her breakup from Cop 223

Faye = May

But cop 223 saw her and knew she wasn't May.

>mfw plebes think cop 223 isn't best cop

I started with Fallen Angels but I don't know if that's the best place. Probably Chungking Express.

Chungking Express or In the Mood for Love

Did Tony Leung and Leslie Cheung really have anal sex in the opening scene of Happy Together?

It looks real and Leslie was a homo

Chungkin, followed by fallen angels. Is The grandmster worth watching? It's the only one that i haven't seen yet

Never got into Wong. Saw Chungking Express and In the Mood for Love when the came out and a bad, unrestored print of Ashes of Time on DVD. I used to be a romantic, so I should have loved them, right? Take away that mood and what are you left with? Nice cinematography and songs? I'd rather re-watch a Johnnie To movie.

Trying to buy posters for some of his films but no idea where sells them, any ideas?

anyone else really love my blueberry nights? it's so comfy and low key