Why don't they make movies like this anymore...

Why don't they make movies like this anymore? I get depressed every time I watch these movies because nobody crafts movies like this anymore. The amount of work and craftsmanship that went into this will never go into another movie.

because obama drove our country into debt faster than any president in american history

Love for the world, passion for the film making.

No, I don't have rose tinted glasses but back then, Hollywood was not as rutheless and cynical as it is now. The lust for money wasn't that big.

Also, LoTR lucked out big time. Perfect casting, perfect timing, perfect score, perfect cinematography, perfect script... lot of that comes down to luck. Had it come out three years earlier or three years later, it wouldn't have been that big.

inb4 redditors start 'alt right' shit flinging

Because why take risks and put in the effort when you can just shit out one super hero movie out after the other and the dumb masses will keep eating up and earn you mad dosh.

Lord of the rings sucks and is gay

The power needs to go back to writers. Classic Hollywood has always have better writers first over better directors.

Hobbit could have been if it had just stuck to two movies and didn't have a ton of production problems that ended up with the main director bugging out and the mess dropped in Peter Jackson's lap, who was only supposed to be producing.

CGI fests
They do it all the time though

Even the appendices are great work. Its almost magical seeing them create these movies. Although hobbit trilogy is shit, the appendices are really interesting and fun to watch

There's no good enough source material.

Its stealing scenes from other, often better movies
We all love LotR but its the truth that it wasnt exactly groundbreaki g filmmaking, it was just terrifically shot
Pic related

What the fuck does casting, cinematography or script have to do with luck you cuck?

>perfect script

don't even forget the undead army ex machina
(not mentioning eagles because the books really do explain that part, its just lazy writing on deciding to leave that blank movie wise)

They all lined up at the right time you fucking moron

>ITT: 19 year olds thinking cinema has changed dramatically in the last 10 years just because they have massive nostalgia goggles on for something they saw when they were kids

Legolas was fucking atrocious.

>The lust for money wasn't that big.
The profit motive took the year of did it? Wanker

Why don't they make movies like this anymore? I get depressed every time I watch this movie because nobody crafts movies like this anymore. The amount of work and craftsmanship that went into this will never go into another movie.

So what in the last ten years has had as much work and passion put into it as lotr?

Do tell

let''s begin with boyhood

>This one scene vaguely remembers this other scene visually so it must have been an exact copy it's not like the director just thought it would make for a nice shot or anything

A u t i s m

>Classic Hollywood
>LOTR
Oh wow.

Just watched this the other day. It was like a dream.

"vaguely"?
Obviously Peter Jackson must've seen one of the best movies ever made and thought the shot looked great, thus copying it

>It was like a dream.

A dream to some A NIGHTMARE TO OTHERS!!

Ok sure it took a decade to finish but the shooting and planing aren't even in the same league as lotr when it comes to intensity

>they don't make movies like this one based on one of the best selling fantasy books of all time in New Zealand because Obama

>Hollywood didn't care about money in the early 2000s

Idiots, I'm surrounded by IDIOTS

Then let's follow up with MM:FR
>inb4 bad acting
LotR wasn't known for stellar acting either save for 2 or 3 actors, namely Viggo and Sean, and MAYBE Christopher Lee

>Why don't they make movies like this anymore?
they make shitty movies all the time. the fuck are you talking about

The main issue with most of the COMPLETE NEWFAGS here, is that the lot of you were born on late 90s-early 00s and honestly dont recall the bad movies of these years.
Hollywood was just as crap, spouting dozens of shit movies per year, and they were even getting revenue
The problem is, you don't remember them and you certainly don't look them up.
In 5-10 years people will be saying "What happened to movies like Fury Road or The Dark Knight, they don't make them anymore" (if they aren't saying it already) and then you'll realize this too
/thread

I thought it was the Seventh Seal scene from the thumbnail and was confused as to why people were talking about LotR. It's an iconic scene.

I cant watch this due to the terrible dubbing, all the noise, audio etc was obviously recorded in post production and its terribly done.

A good and very ambitious movie but they just shot one big ass film not 3 at the same time.

No one gives a fuck what you think

Also Love Exposure
Honestly, if you're looking for a good trilogy of movies on the scale of LotR that come out in consequent years then it just won't happen, new wave of filmmaking is 6 months or so of shooting, then a year of advertising.
And that's for the movies that don't have to add CGI
Closest you can probably get is Nolan's Batman movies, but I'm quite certain we'll have some movie epics sooner rather than later
I mean Cameron is supposed to shoot like what, 4 avatar movies?

The feeling`s mutual

>I AM NO MAN
So perfect!

4 big digits
imo

for you

FUCK YEAH, MY FIRST QUADS!

Jesus, man! Calm down...