No one would give a fuck about Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy if it wasn't for Heath Ledger in this movie

No one would give a fuck about Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy if it wasn't for Heath Ledger in this movie.

What about BATeMAN?

>ignoring that Batman Begins is along side Spider-Man 2 as most faithfully adapted to the comics film ever

Scarecrow was better tbqh

Scarecrow was barely even in the first movie.

Quality > quantity

No, Scarecrow was cuter

Got nothing compared to Ledger's portrayal

I like batman begins the best

heath ledger stole the show in the second and it suffers for that. should have done it from his perspective

This guy gets it

>I"M THE JOKER BAYBEY

Fucking shit movie.

>actually considering fidelity to comic books as a measure of a film's quality

That would have been interesting. make batman villain ala batman v superman.

TDKR is good too

>Gary Oldman
Laugh on the good cop bad cop scene knowing he played Norman Stansfield.

>heath ledger stole the show in the second and it suffers for that.

You're an idiot. The joker, when done well, always steals the show.

you're an idiot

The Joker is a shit character. There, I said it.

For you

Weeell ...., Heath wouldn't have shinined if Nolan's approach to righter he actually has done.

And nobody would give a shit about Ledger's Joker if he hadn't died.

As is batman, and everyone character in the DC franchise.

The joker is the only character that's ever allowed any awareness of this fact. Which makes him the best character.

The whole internet was full of hype after that first TDK trailer with the Joker, this is not true.

Only contrarian plebs say that. Get a taste.

TDK was perfect as it was.

However Heath's death ruined the sequel, its so fucking obvious that Nolan wanted the Joker in the third movie as well.

well the Illuminati had to preform their ritual sacrifice on someone

>heath's death ruined the sequel

I would not say that. Imagine if nolan had used roughly the same script (without the plane scene, obviously) except the joker in place of bane.

Nolan making the joker into a member of the league of shadows who's in love with talia al ghul and making the reason he did all that crap in TDK was to get her attention.

I'm pretty sure that made people so mad, they invented time travel specifically to kill heath ledger so that wouldn't happen.

>league of shadows
>talia
>any of this shit

If Heath was alive we would probably had gotten a Killing Joke - Dark Knight Returns mix,without all the ninja shit, without the Talia shit, without the middle eastern prison shit, and probably without the timeskip.

Just look at the script of TDKR and you can see they just made all that shit up in a weak or so, you can see Nolan choose Bane and Talia because they can fit his realist tone, put Catwoman in for fanservice, and put a really weak story around it.

Because nolan was in the habit of copying the comics verbatim.

TDKR is so phoned in and boring, Nolan obviously didn't want to work on Batman anymore, but the studio forced him.

He wanted to work with the Joker, that is why he teases him at the end of BB, and doesn't write him out completely at the end of TDK. He never gave a shit about Bane or Talia, they could be interesting but they were written horribly because he probably read their character basis on wikipedia and that's it.

Just compare TDKR to any other Nolan movie, even if I don't regard him on such a high level as his fans, you can see he saw nothing in Batman besides his origin story and the Joker so phoned in the whole movie.

and what makes you think the general story forced around bane wasn't originally intended for the joker?

Because if you look at the story structure of TDKR, you can see that he put every element in just to serve the downfall of Wayne, the LoS return because it was in BB and Bane is in because he need an antagonist, but barely uses him and kills him off in an uneventful way, Talia's twist is obviously in just to have a twist etc.

TDKR didn't continue the story of TDK, there is little about the craziness of Wayne or how the world views Batman.

I dunno, after you see the last minutes of TDK, its not the sequel you would expect. And, this is just my guess, but I don't think Nolan wanted to make this movie either, he was just forced so phoned in something.

What the fuck are you talking about? Who suggested to swap Joker for Bane?

Obviously thats a horrible idea.

>spiderman 2
>faithfully adapted
what the fuck gave you that idea? None of the characters act anywhere similar to their comicbook counterparts, they might as well be other people

How are you able to denounce all iterations of Batman, and the Joker ever? Are you that idiotic?

I think he was probably given a few options and went with what he thought could best for his realistic adaption. shit gets too cartoony and he blows the whole trilogy.

Wayne became a hermit for 8 years because Nolan always wanted to make a Howard Hughes movie, and almost did but Scorsese beat him to it with The Aviator

Nolan also always wanted to make an epic romance, which is why the Batman-Catwoman love story is in there

Many of TDKR's ideas were basically concepts Nolan always wanted to make a movie about but could never justify, so he shoved them all in a Batman movie he wasn't particularly excited about.

batman begins was shit

everyone loves the dubs man you piece of shit