Any medfags out there?

Any medfags out there?

I normally get sick maybe once a year.

I'm 5'11 220 lbs Runner and pretty active.

I'm on my 4th headcold this year.

Spoke with Doc, said it's nothing and will pass. Blood tests show no STIs (I asked when I got tested last).

I do travel a lot and think it's the environment of a plane?

Looking for other thoughts out there before I go for a second opinion.

bump

The environment of a plane can definitely contribute to colds. Aeroplanes are teaming with germs. Frequent travelling, especially on long flights can cause issues with your immune system, particularly if your sleep patterns are interrupted.

Where do you live? I'm guessing the US. If you're not getting enough sunshine, take a vitamin D supplement.

You already exercise which is boosting your immune system...but you could try hot-cold compression showers. I have compression showers after the gym and haven't had a cold in 6years.

What were your blood tests for? Did they check for any vitamin deficiencies?

Based on what you said however, I doubt you have anything to worry about. Try some supplements and continue to exercise.

Source: former med student

Hey bro Any help with these cuts I get at the edge of my lips? Its not sti just get em constantly and docs dunno why

Change of diet?

Exercising in close proximity to others?

Keeping sufficiently hydrated?

Possible allergies? I never suffered from hayfever until I hit 18, now hits me every year

I started getting ill a lot after I moved out which I put down to poor diet, but after I started taking 1000mg of Vit C every morning I don't get ill as much, and when I do it passes a lot quicker.

well, you do sound overweight.

This year has seen a ridiculously high number of colds and viruses, way higher than last year. Being active is good but sometimes these bugs will just get to you. As user mentioned, if your blood tests showed no abnormalities, such as white blood cell count in your CBC, it would just be the matter of getting exposed to these people. Wash your hands constantly and avoid touching your face as much as possible. Take vitamins, eat yogurt and/or take a probiotic supplement.

Source: ER Nurse

Sure. This is sometimes called "angular cheilitis". There's several causes but most of the time it's caused by a vitamin B deficiency. You need to look for some "b complex" tablets.

You can also try an antifungal cream. In the UK we would prescribe something called "fucidin". If not, something with fuscidic acid in it.

Other less likely causes can be things like diabetes. But it's most likely a vit B deficiency.

>Where do you live? I'm guessing the US. If you're not getting enough sunshine, take a vitamin D supplement.

Tampa.
I take some Vitamin D (only 1000iu) when I'm up north.

>but you could try hot-cold compression showers

Compression Showers? Will google.

>What were your blood tests for?

Routine for being sexually active. I just do it when I get a checkup or go in for anything if it's been more than a couple partners apart.

>Did they check for any vitamin deficiencies?

Never asked, will though.

>Try some supplements

Since I work out in a gym I do take L-Lysine but only 1000mg every other day. I do Fish Oil as I don't eat much seafood.

I take Collagen Types I and II because runner.

I cycle my use of Creatine.

>get sick

Name the symptoms.

>5'11" 220lbs
>"Runner"
>"Active"
I'm 5'11" and I stopped going to the gym for 5 mos and was 189. When I work out regularly and run I go down to 165. I am not lanky by any means. Don't kid yourself there bud. You should go run.

Agreed. None of this sounds moderately plausible for a runner unless his running is McDonald's runs.

Kek

Mike Tyson was 220lbs at 5'10,

Either OP is seriously shredded or fat

I've you've fucked 4 people statistically you've been exposed to genital herpes, symptoms include blisters and frequent colds

>Change of diet?

Yea, I've been going more green. I get my meats, but just try to wrap them in less carbos. Of my 220, the 20 is likely cause I started eating the buns on my sandwich, endless chips and candy.

>Possible allergies?

That's what I thought, but I felt fine when I flew to NOLA for a day, then BAM sore throat and stuffy nose within like 40 minutes of each other but not until the second day.

Wont deny that, but I'm not overweight by medical standards, but I get ya.

Thanks user, my wbc was within normal numbers.

Head cold.
Sore throat and stuffy nose within 40 minutes but just one nostril. Day 2, throat in considerable pain. Day 3, throat fine but draining and blowing nose all day.

Don't know what to tell you guys, I can share my map my runs etc. I've always had a hard time breaking below 215. Now, this may help -- I'm 37 now, but almost all of my 20s I was 300+lbs. Just started to live life around 30s. But if you want to see my MapMyRuns, let me know. I typically will do a 5-8 mile run everyother day and 2 mile every day except Fri and Sat. (My gym is one mile from my house, I run there and back).

Oh, I'm not saying that I'm skinny. I have a lot to lose, I'm just saying that I'm currently active and am a runner.

I am not saying that I'm skinny. I have a gut for sure.

Thanks bro

I want to see a photo, You seriously have to be shredded to hit that weight at that height. I'm 5'11 decent shape, Lost motivation lately but i'm 50lbs less. Don't mean to turn this into a fitness thread but i'm possibly a little envious.

Gonna keep bumping with hotties cause why not?

Eat mmune system boosting foods - curries are good especially with a moderate amount of heat and plenty og ginger and turmeric.

Plane trips fuck me up but otherwise it's rare for me to get a cold - once a year at worst. Planes recycle air which is full of germs and virii but not a lot you can do about it except try and sit as close to the front as possible - the air in a plane tends to move from front to back so you might be a bit better off in that the highest amount of clean air is at the front.

Take Echinacea, Zing and Vit C - the latter best as bell peppers.

Headcolds are probably best help't not by microbial conditions from stale air on a plane. But more than likely just a reaction to the recylced air. I wouldn't expect the air inside an airplane to leave any lingering effects on anyone. Many people fly probably more often than you and experience nothing of the sort. Consider your diet, increase the ammount of citrus type foods.
maybe oranges and vitimian C might help

not a med-fag here tho.

5'11" Sup Forumsro here
That is really good my man. Glad to hear you worked hard and lost all that weight. I think you are overthinking this cold thing honestly. It is easy to become in when trapped in a pressurized environment with other sick people. I think maybe a change of scenery would be good? Run somewhere new, start a new hobby, etc. Something to invigorate your mind and body.

zinc - sorry fuckin ipad

also, wear a mask when you fly. Fuck what people think. I don't have time to spread or receive that shit when i go anywhere.
I usually just hold a napkin over my face because my flights are short.

Now Im not into any esoteric sutff, but what usually works for me is, when I get cold, I dont take any pills or shits (except some vitamin C) and I just take a week of holiday.
Resting is the key I think. Usually people dont have time you know..

In that case I wouldn't worry. As ER user said, practice good hygiene.

Compression showers (Idk what you call them in the states) is alternating between hot and cold water when showering for a few minutes at a time.

If the doc was worried about any immune system issues they would have tested you for that. Sti tests would not show any vitamin deficiencies but considering your diet/lifestyle I wouldn't worry about those either.

I'm not skinny or shredded bro, never said that I was. I'm just active and running. I have a bit of work to do. I'm just being honest. I'll get where you're at eventually for sure though. I was where you are about 4 years ago before I moved to FL. Then I got lazy and about a year ago, I started getting back into things. Probably seriously the last 4 or 5 months? Dunno, I'm just in it now.

We all start somewhere user.

This. I usually wear pic related. But there are others available

Guess what op? You're getting older.

Hey, I'm not giving you shit my friend. I'm a lot younger than you. I want to weigh closer to what you're at so i was kind of prying.
I did assume runner/active to mean more than what it did though. I envy you for that too though. Running is not meant for human beings. It is hell.
Wouldn't think to much about the cold thing, Seem's to happen every few years to me. Look after yourself during. It will pass next year.

Face masks are a Japanese stereotype you fucking twat.

Pretty sure Sony are a japanese stereo type. You fucking autist

Maybe you did a pit overtraining.
immunity drops when body is over stressed

Kek

Yea right good one.

Sorry bros, I just lost a massive reply sonofabitch.

Short run to explore the quarter. Headcold hit hard day after.

It's your manlet genes finally shining through, you are gonna die soon from shitty genetics

See what you did there. Kek

go see an ENT MD
chronic head colds can be sign of condition GPs miss. Don't hate your GP though. She has to know a little bit about everything; not a whole lot about one thing.

Dr.Checked'le and Mr. Hydubs

Holy shit. Chek'd!

I was 6 off... in the other thread.

Fuck YOU

>Take Echinacea, Zing and Vit C - the latter best as bell peppers.

Zinc hit's my stomach HARD. I have it, but always think twice about it. Cause fucccckkk I don't care how much food I feel like Imma upchuck 20 mins after taking it.

Will get some Echinacea.

>Many people fly probably more often than you and experience nothing of the sort

My average fare is Tampa to Portland via Denver. I asked a fellow Diamond member and he stated that he never gets sick, but we're not all the same.

>I think you are overthinking this cold thing honestly.

Thanks user, I think I am too -- I just know that so much can be fixed if caught early enough.

>also, wear a mask when you fly.
I thought masks did little to protect air coming in but air going out?

>If the doc was worried about any immune system issues they would have tested you for that.

One recent visit to my doc was due to my testicle being really large, hard, and tender (right side, I got a vasectomy about 8 years ago and have the acute pain syndrome as a result) and wanted to be sure it wasn't serious. Turns out that it was just needing to be drained which it did on it's own, he blood tested me then and I think if there were more a concern he would have done something then. He is my childhood doc.

I didn't take it as you giving me shit, I just didn't want you to think I was trying to tell you I was some buff example of a man! :D

You may be right here. I did start adding 3 miles to my runs the week before NOLA. Walk/Run.

Get outta here with your BS LIES. lol.

>She
Implying, but since quads maybe doc is trans?

Two suggestions. First, wash your hands more often. Nearly all colds and flus spread from touching something with your hands, then touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands. Second, are you sure you actually have a cold or flu? Most people experience food poisoning several times a year and aren't aware of it because it can be days or even weeks later that symptoms show up from initial infection. They usually think they have a cold or flu when in fact they have listeria infection or botulism. Be more mindful of cross-contamination when you're cooking, wash all your food carefully, and be careful to wash your hands religiously when you cook and see if that makes any difference.

>Two suggestions. First, wash your hands more often.

I just gotta start that.

And no, I'm not 100% it's cold/flu but that kind of insight is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks user.

Sounds like u just need to change ur tampon you fuckin pussy!

Most people aren't aware how often they touch their face with their hands. Try this experiment: get some hot sauce and spread it on your fingertips for a day. Then notice how often you burn your eyes, nostrils, and lips. It really is quite amazing. Incidentally, it's actually more important that you wash your hands *before* you use the toilet than after. You're a lot more likely to get sick by spreading virus or bacteria to your genitals from your hands than the other way around.

I hear ya user, they do say "You are what you eat" for a reason, dick.

>Try this experiment: get some hot sauce and spread it on your fingertips for a day.

I'll just wash... thanks user. lol.

Gonna keep bumping cause anons are awesome.

Too right m8. I always wash both before and after shitting, and I never touch my dick when I piss. I just let my balls rest on the elastic band of my boxers, pull up on them like I'm driving a horse drawn carriage and let any residual piss soak into the fabric.

How much do you eat every day. How can you be so heavy at 5'11 and be a "runner" ?

Currently not much, but I'm coming down on my weight. I'm 30lbs down since the beginning of the year.

I eat like a fool at dinner, but that's because I'm working on my discipline, after a solid workout day, I'm so hungry around 7 or 8 that I just become stupid.

Planes are filthy places where you share the same air as everyone around (you). It's probably related to that.

I hear ya

Its not the plane, its the places you travel to.

You only have to travel 200 miles outside of your place of residence to encounter totally different cultures of mold, bacteria and other microbes.

huh, interesting.

Any lurkers? Continue?

Go on!

yes, go on. Are you mad? Dump it all, pics vids, anything =D+D+D

do it