I constantly describe things to myself as if I was explaining everything to another person who isn't here...

I constantly describe things to myself as if I was explaining everything to another person who isn't here. Even though I already know the thing i'm describing and there is no need for any sort o f explanation, I will say things in my head or in a hushed tone like there was a second party listening in.

Does anyone else do this or am I nuts?

You can use that to get a better understanding of yourself and of the things you are explaining. I'd advice you to keep doing that.

Just don't talk too loudly or the ghosts might figure out what you are up to.

It's a passive thing that I don't realise i'm doing until i'm halfway through a "conversation". It's not a problem for me but was curious if its common or not

Same. Everyone rehearses situations or things that don't happen in their head. It's how we figure out how to do shit. I get stuck in th e past sometimes, fighting with exes long gone.

I do this shit all the time, it's really a good exercise of introspection.

That I get and wouldn't question. But it's more of a one way conversation with myself where I ask myself a question that I already know and then go on to explain it and why it's good or bad as if there was someone actually listening to me and i'm discussing it with them.

Yeah sometimes I feel like I'm dwelling. But then I know that's how my brain works and I just go with it. Even when I really get over that shit I still sometimes just think about it to help me get to sleep. Perfectly normal though.

Autism, the post

Clearly you're a Witcher Harry.

Do this all the time. People have caught me before which is kinda awkward but it just feels like if I get a better understanding of things if I say them outloud and talk the over with myself.

I'm from Russia and I do same

It's the same thing dude. We never focus on the positive. Only the negative. We have entire systems in our body devoted to adapting to negative stimulus. Like the Sympathetic Nervous System. We learn from fight experiences. You rehearse it in your mind and you literally play it out and learn your reactions every time. It's totally normal. We all do this shit bruh.

Ghosts aren't real you retard.

GIDF go home

Can confirm, do it too. Also always say numbers out loud to better memorize.

I essentially have a representation of my psychologist burned into my brain. She asks me questions and I explain my answers in detail and sometimes ask questions back which "she" (my brain) gives somewhat decent answers to.

It's like OP but one step further I guess..

Why do we need to know that you're from Russia?

All. The. Time.

Ahh fuck you have a harsh one. It's my ex wife with me. Nothing as bad as that.

I wonder what it would be like with OP. Where it was my fucking self asking me these questions. I don't know myself well enough as that I guess.

I do the same thing, although very often in a middle of the "conversation" I ask myself why the fuck am I explaining it to myself when I pretty much understand it before I form the words to express it. Then I laugh and get on with my life.

Because he does it squatting, this might be important info for OP

Opening phases of schizophrenia but relatively common among young adult males.

The metaphor commonly used in the medical field now is feeling like you are the star of your own reality show and have a camera on you at all times, streaming your life for a youtube.

The metaphysical explanation is the mind and spirit operate on two different, distinct planes unto themselves. Two separate entities coexisting. In the brain it can manifest like a running commentary, or, worse, two people communicating.

It is, at it's core, the very definition of the human condition to exist both in and out of the moment, simultaneously

OP Here. I'm glad to know that i'm not the only one that does this shit, I assumed it was normal to an extent but didn't know everyone had very similar thoughts.

>mfw

it is a good learning technique actually. My 2 year old son teaches his teddy all the stuff we teach him.

Well maybe I posted my update a bit too soon... I do feel like I have eyes on me at all times but I'm a pretty paranoid person in general so these thoughts come naturally to me.

>now mfw

I do it sometimes.
Rarely but sometimes I learn something new just because my mind starts thinking of something else which happens to be relavent making what I know have babies and give me something new to know.

Idk, but it was funny to me to figure out
lol

That's the sign usually of a mad man.
Good luck friend

Same, or I'll keep it inside my head in my reading voice....
I don't like it as it normally ends up just bullshit commentary or different routes for things I said or were said to me in the past.
I really don't like how the only times I've been 'caught' were me mumbling fucking angrily at some bullshit argument not even worth the initial time.

That being said I'm unsure of the extent of my mental state but Fuckall if I'd go to a doctor again with anything they can throw antidepressants at.

Thanks op for sharing the unsure-ness over self talking, takes guts even while user.

That metaphor hurts just thinking about it.
Always had a someone is watching and possibly judging me feeling. Always attributed it to my aunt getting kidnapped and serial killed...
One day I was like I'm a grown ass man noone is gonna kidnap me, none is watching me looking for the time to strike.
2 weeks later I was being spied on and got kidnapped by a gang of popo on an
illigal raid.
Back to paranoid faster than it took them to throw me down the stairs.

I do it for my job. Builds muscle memory.

Do this with everything. Obviously not in front of people. Whisper to myself in public though. Mainly do it because my head feels to cluttered and saying everything out loud makes it feel more fluent.

Aye lmao 420