Where does he get his ideas from

where does he get his ideas from

God.

Other movies.

*farts*

old chinese movies

Spaghetti westerns, blaxploitation and Hong Kong crime films.

feet

Movies he thinks are obscure but in reality any one with a passing interest in film has seen.

Every hair on his head that fell of and never grew back.

Feet

rike?

films and oh it shows, it shows.
"I didn't go to film school, I went to films" -Quentin T

unwritten history, society's underbelly, gang culture, his personal fantasies, underdog stories

He has a fantasy about feet, builds a script around it, adds the word nigger a lot, and casts himself so he can say it.

examples?

From Robert Rodriquez

The patterns his shit logs make on Uma's chest.

This. He's literally never had a single original thought in his head.

i dont understand why its such a big deal to have ideas, why people are making out that these directors are like some kind of geniuses, when anyone can have ideas. All of us have good ideas, its not that difficult to have. His ideas arent even that great nor original. theyre pretty basic. Its no big deal.

Nobody had. Original ideas belongs in Heaven.

...the point is not the strength of his ideas, which are pretty basic. its that he is in a position where he can actually make his ideas into films, but we are not.

UNO FARTO

oh lets see: a girl who takes revenge on an organization of assassins? and shes dressed in a jumpsuit which is exactly like bruce lee in game of death? (Kill Bill) in fact, the whole movie is based on game of death? Wow! how original! how did he think of that? how did he think to copy Game of death but with a woman?? hes a genius! Or, lets see...a bounty hunter has a prisoner and they make their way to a hut where they stay for the night and then it turns out the poeple in the hut are all murderers wanted from before and in the end....they all just kill eachother in a huge gore fest. (Hateful eight) Wow! how original! Jesus! how does he think of these things?? okay, let me try: Umm..a House in a forest where bandits are hiding money, is vsited by a retired police man who decides to join them. they accept him, but he kills all of them one by one and takes over the organization with his 12 year ld son as the boss. Wow! See! i can do it too!!!! im a genius! maybe im the next Tarantino! and i can come up with these ideas like, randomly! like, every 10 seconds! i literally am a genius!

...point made: anyone can have random stupid ideas. The hard part is actually geting the movie made.. thats where the genius lies. Do you all know how excrutiatingly difficult it is to make a movie? the whole process takes years! and it literally kills you. As someone said: creativity is easy, creation is hard.

Yup, pretty much this. Its easy to lose your idea along the process. So many things to take into account.

That's not my understanding of OP's question.

well, the questions was where does he get his ideas? but im saying its not the question we should be asking because having ideas is easy, anyone can have creative ideas for a film. So the real question we should be asking is not how he gets his ideas (which are actually quite unoriginal and basic) but How did he get to the point where he can get his ideas made into movies and get them financed. thats the really interesting question we should be asking.

What directors don't even do anything these days. Everyone else does the work and their managers.

>inb4 he had the vision

tarantino's ideas are mediocre with the odd few showing a bit of promise

>i admit pulp fiction was good

anyone on Sup Forums put in his position could come up with a better idea and get tarantino's minions to make a good film of said idea.

hailing directors as these gods is pretty silly