Jameson drinker here. Looking to get into higher quality Irish whiskey. What does Sup Forums recommend?

Jameson drinker here. Looking to get into higher quality Irish whiskey. What does Sup Forums recommend?

Caol Ila

jack daniels

>american piss shit
>whisky
Pick one fat fucker

ok... neither of those are irish but you should try bourbon. small batch stuff is good

Redbreast 12

Redbreast (won Irish whiskey of the year 2016)
Green Spot (personal fave)

Images of a Child Sex Offender here. Chivas.

Both very good.

Go with a single malt.

writers tears

Good, but not Irish :)

And i find him a little too peated for me, i prefer Talisker Dark Storm if i want peat or Oban otherwise ... But these are scottish too ...

Bushmills black bush.

tullamore dew, knot, Bushnell, shits all about the same

I got that as a gift. Its a good whiskey

if you have some refinement of taste and like Whisky then obviously ignore the spastics recommending bourbon (alcoholic liquid candy).

I would suggest a single malt bushmills if you are fixated on Ireland.
Personally I like Scottish Whisky and would suggest McCallan if you like it smooth or Bowmore if you like it peaty and smokey.
If you want to really experiment then there are some great whisky aged in port or sherry barrels for flavour - try the Talisker Port Ruighe

Lark Whiskey.

It is pretty expensive and limited in bottles but a perfect match if you are looking to take the next step

Middleton very rare
Bushmills 16

Drink scotch instead though if you truly like whiskey.

Have tasted tullamore and bushnell... tullamore is far superior (but that's just my taste).

Oban Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky 14 YO

Connemara

an fear ciuin (the quiet man)
fairly mild, but very enjoyable.

Balvenie 12J Single Barrel!!

I can second this.

Teeling small batch

nitpicking but isnt that scottish?

a bit peaty for my taste... compared to the richer notes i get from jamesons

Talisker or balvenie make sure you get anything older than 12 , 18 year old is preferable

I'm a fan of Islay malts so I'm biased as fuck

It is scottish :/ but it is the best my opinion.

Though not Irish whiskey, you should definetly try some Japanese whiskey. I enjoy Suntory or Nikka whiskey time to time as the flavor isnt bold per se as compared to traditional but it is extremely smooth whiskey. It ranges roughly in the 75-100 proof range.

Maker's Mark

It's like drinking velvet

When it's prime time..

Famous Grouse is my favourite middle of the road whiskey

It's Scottish tho

If you can get your hands on anything from Teelings, that's damn good Irish whiskey

That's not even a very good American bourbon. Try some George Dickels for a decent, good priced American whiskey.
Only drank a couple of different Irish whiskeys, but Tullamore dew is pretty good from my limited experience.

green spot
red breast 12
yellow spot

Jameson is the best whiskey hands down but tullamore dew is pretty nice i dont know if its available outside of ireland but its available in most shops and off licenses here

Best whiskey under $50?

Both are barely above jack daniels

You have shit for taste sir

Tullamore seems to be somewhat common in the states. While my local liquor store doesn't have it, the bigger one that is right on the county line has it in stock almost always

That's like asking "what's the best car under $40k?"

Canadian are decent. You'll probably get better cognac though.

I recommend that you keep buying and trying until you find what you like. Scotch whiskey is better than Irish whiskey btw. Also the people shitting on bourbons are idiots. I tend to rotate from bourbon, Irish, and scotch each time I grab a bottle.

Jack fucking shit

The people who think jack is good are the same people that think bud, Miller, and coors are quality beers.... Smh

Most light beers taste like piss.

Ipa or gtfo

Teeling is by far the best Irish whiskey I've ever had. It's aged in rum barrels I believe. I'm not sure how hard it is to come by but I highly recommend it.

end of thread

Jamie is crap, and always has been. Tullamore D.E.W. (It's not a water dropplet, dumbass) is alright, but way too fucking sweet and the vanilla/honey is overpowering, even for an Irish.

Kilbeggan is underrated but excellent, Bushmills single malt or Bush Black (aged in sherry casks to impart a warmer flavour) are both solid choices in the middle-of-the-road price range.

Powers is crap, but their better stuff is quite nice (just avoid the stupid "gold label" blend; they pulled a Macallan and added caramel to a young whiskey and billed it as a premium, so don't touch it with a stick).

Redbreast is exceptional, but harder to find. Two Gingers is hit or miss. It seems to be Killbeggan's leftovers, so some years it's abysmal and some years it's actually surprisingly robust, despite the dinky marketing campaign.

If you want something light, and with the typical Irish honey-vanilla, Tullamore or Bushmills (standard) are both solid bets.

If you're looking for something with a little more meat to it, (that's not a typo -- peat is the mouldy bandaid flavour you get from a good scotch; meat is the warm, smokey thick char you get from a more robust whiskey) I'd say Bushmills Single Malt, Killbeggan (a blend but still excellent) Bush Black (tastes like autumn, frankly), or Redbreast (pretty much just an inoffensive scotch, so if you haven't developed the right pallate for it, you might not get your money's worth).

Good luck, OP

Thanks for the suggestions. Will rotate with each of them.

Sorry dude-- meant to reply to

You, though, do have shit for taste.

alfa romeo c4 spider

Hey guys.

I just saw that some of you seem to be drinking some pretty fancy and expensive whiskies, so I'll use thia opportunity to beg here, since I'm a poor fag.

I found a site that sells and ships these 5L mini-kegs of beer, and they have some with German beer. It costs £16 for one, shipping included, which is a really good price... but still too expensive for a loser like me. They accept Paypal on the website as well, if you like that option.

I'm really sorry for begging here, but could anyone buy me one of those kegs? I always wanted to try beer straight from the keg, and this seems like the best option.

I know some of you are rich fags, and I think that £16 is not much to make a poor guy happy. I could also use the keg as decoration in my room.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for begging.

P.S: This is a serious post and not a copy-pasta or a joke. I know it sounds pathetic, but I have nothing to lose except my dignity.

All the best scotch is from Scotland

Higher quality Whiskey is called Scotch and then like a good woman is at least 18yrs old

Inused to own a keg. The keg was about $50, and the beer was about $30. Not sure about current exchange rate. I had an old bar tray I keep on top of it and used it for a side table.

Op asked for an IRISH WHISKEY
Why the fuck most of you think that you must just indicate your favorite "whiskey" ? Are you fucking stupid ? On top of that, whiskey is not "Tennessee whiskey" which is not "bourbon" either. Learn your fucking classics before trying to advise.

The one I'm talking about is the 5L mini-keg you can find in supermarkets. No need to use tools or have a bar to use them.

Who pissed in your cheerios? Go kys

Pussy

Stupidity that I can see everywhere is killing me a little more everyday

middleton's

Also quints, I win the argument

There was no argument. You're an autist that was offended that everyone didn't stick to the topic and you didn't have a flash card to help you cope with that. You're autistic screeching is loud and annoying.

Inb4 your not you're

The tryconnel is affordable smooth and has just a tad bit of a fruitier sweetness but its not grossly sweet its still a whiskey. I love it. Then again i love all whiskey i do all types depending on my mood.

neat...

This is true, it doesnt taste real sweet but when you smell it it will bring a childish smile to your face!

>"Oh look ! You're searching for a pickup but I can say to you that this Smart is so good ! What ? It's not what you looked for ? But this is a car too, just let me hearing myself talking on what I love, I don't care that it doesn't fit with the topic !"

We live in an autistic world who has the audacity to tell to everybody which is not autist that they are the autist. Fuck, you're right, I go kys

New Holland Artisan Spirits: beer barrel bourbon
Smooth, like a carefully roasted toffee. A shot of this with a hit off a joint is pretty much fuck yeah-teir all around. Pairs like a soul mate with black forest bacon.