Is this joke mocking atheists who believe the world was a utopia before religion "came along" or is this really what...

Is this joke mocking atheists who believe the world was a utopia before religion "came along" or is this really what they believe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tVFp8KTEw-k?t=113
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>/his/
Not here user.

Have you ever extended you arm or arms with open hands to your sides or towards your interlocutors when speaking?. I do it all the time, unless I'm feeling indiferent, morally superior, or I represent the not-strawman side of an argument, in which case I make sure my upper eyelids are slightly drooping as well

seth mcfarlane is the biggest atheist cuckhold in the business who actually believe that society wouldn't be a total shithole without religion

>christians

>follow christ literally

>10 commandments, love, acceptance, liberty, freedom, literally 'what wold JC do' in every situation
>muslims

>literally follow mohammed

>he attacked and murdered many

>genocidal

>raped many

>anally raped a 9 year old and forced her to marry

>his followers have killed near a billion

>1/3rd of his followers are married to their cousions

>women have no choice but to remain and be raped

>constant jokes against christians

>christians are bad

>theyre demonized in the towns they built by the people they incepted

>muslims are good, we should welcome more

>muslims are the best

>muslims are peaceful, loving people

>pressing the enter button twice
why

Atheists are the most obnoxious people on the planet. I'd rather hang out with a Muslim.

>americans think there was no religion before jesus christ

wow

Im pretty sure its making fun of people who think religion caused violence.

>americans

No, just r/atheism.

ah yes, just like the nightmare hellscape that is Iceland where almost everyones atheist, if only we were more religious like such great places as the middle east and africa

No. I think Seth really believes this.

no one lives on iceland

>implying the bible isnt full of edgy drivel about murdering your kids if they dont listen to you and massacring an entire village if they let even one non-christian live there

learn to read

This is what seth actually believes, I'm afraid. He acts like he's some genius standing head and shoulders above everyone else, but really he's just your average pseudo-intellectual who read richard dawkins and 'fucking loves science'

>HOW CAN YOU HAVE MORALS WITHOUT SHALLOW, ANCIENT PHILOSOPHY, CHECKMATE ATHEISTS

>implying those laws weren't for a specific group of people at a specific time and have no bearing on the believer today

Christianity has adapted to suit a secular society. Islam hasn't in the majority of the muslim world.

>In Iceland, 57 percent of respondents stated they were religious, 31 percent described themselves as non-religious, ten percent declared themselves to be convinced atheists, while two percent would either not answer the question or didn't know how to respond.

Yes, an atheist utopia where atheists are still the minority.

*tips fedora

He also thinks poo poo and pee pee are funny.

This scene is so ironic to the show as Brian is supposed to be a self-insert to Seth Macfarlan.
mind the time stamp.
youtu.be/tVFp8KTEw-k?t=113

It's a Seth Mcfartland production, so have a guess.

Is Quagmire the most based character on Family Guy
>only one to actually call out Brian on all his bullshit

but not all the things you approve of right? but that doesnt apply to any of islam either right?

People were actually extremely amoral before religion.

Yeah, some people were moral, but most people just did whatever they could to get by. There was no higher judgement to keep them in check. There was nothing compelling them to be 'good' people.

There still isn't anything compelling us to be 'good' people today, other than the law unless you're religious

based iceland just btfoing Sup Forumstards on a daily basis

Fuck family guy and fuck your autist oversimplification. There's no utopia in that pic.

10% of Iceland is atheist!? My goodness, that's 30,000 people! Why that's as many people as live in the village Carpentersville in Illinois!

Really makes you think.

literally 0% of the youth are religious there, which is the group that matters when discussing a countries violence since teenagers commit the majority violent crimes, and they have low as fuck violent crime, unlike the most religious places in the world

really makes you think...

>dozens_of_us.gif

other than getting kicked out the tribe and dying, eg a real thing keeping them from being shitheads

And you think the only factor involved is religion?

Not culture? Not wealth? Not race? Not intelligence?

You're an idiot.

Daily reminder that Issac Newton was a young earth creationist.

>literally 0% of the youth are religious there
>teenagers commit the majority violent crimes

Why must you turn this Sup Forums thread into a house of lies?

HOWEVER

What is the racial make-up of Iceland? What are the government's political learnings?

So i heard someone say that the Q'uran endorses temporary marriages fire sex ie prostitution. I brought it up with a Muslim and he said if i found where it said that he'd leave Islam. I found the verse and actually he was right, it's vague as fuck and could only be interpreted that way with some retarded logic.

However i continued reading the next few verses and got to 4.34 which literally says women are the property of men and If they're ever lewd or unfaithful you must beat them. Is it really this easy to find fucked up shit in this book?

I define as atheist muslim, are we ok?

maybe because it's a small ass island where it's cold as fuck and nordics are pussies? like how would being a christian or muslim make you violent? all the commited religious people I know are peaceful

>fart land
Toppest of keks to you, mein friend.

Well if Christianity didn't exist neither would Islam so they have a point.

>make bullshit post
>get a bunch of (You)'s
>respond to none of them

Like clockwork.

Guess which religion has been reformed many times to fit in a more secular society?

You know who didn't believe in God? The Huns. If you're an atheist, you are literally a rapist and murderer, checkmate.

Most holy texts are like that, more so the old testament but the new testament repeatedly says the old laws are still in effect. Like stoning for adultery and so on.

>like how would being a christian or muslim make you violent?

>muslims
>peaceful
Is this bait?

It'd hold more weight if Glen stopped trying to screw Lois and Peter's own daughter for fucks sake.

Nah star user, by 'amoral' you mean they didn't adhere to arbitrary religious morality like not eating shellfesh and being hating the gays, and deciding whoever disagrees is an evil infidel.

These people should be arab coloured

I'm more talking about the muslims here in germany, the ones who are really commited are usually not the ones to be criminals

>There isn't anything compelling us to be good people other than the law

How about a conscience and ability to rationalise right from wrong, using empathy as a guidance. Fuck off you edgy wannabe sociopath.

user has reddit-reflexes

>right from wrong

These are abstract concepts

>using empathy as a guidance

Feelings and emotions are no more than primal instincts. They will tell you how to survive and thats it.

Yeah they're good at keep the ol' wife beating and daughter raping behind closed doors :^)

I think your crayon scribbles made a better point in your head than they do without a written accompaniment.

you prolly know one muslim in real life

>it's a social construct so it means nothing

Fuck off, you're no better than the athiest jokes in Family Guy.

Educate yourself. They are plotting jihad amongst themselves while pretending to play along with society. They've been doing this shit for 1500 years and they're experts at it.

that's an excerpt from the text i posted

I know more than I care to famalam.

Maybe stop being an obtuse piece of garbage, and instead use your words like a big boy?

Muslims are by far the easiest people to fuck with because they can't fall back on the new testament jesus thing. They have to believe 100% in every dumb thing in the Q'uran because God wrote it.

Oh violence is a tenant in Islam. Look at IS.

The Quran is basically about this christian bandit living in a lava castle who manages to take over some cities and makes people believe he's the second messiah.

Do you understand how hyperbole works?

Sup Forumstards always make bullshit claims to try and drive their chosen narrative

I have to do that everytime though. This is much easier.

Mr HOWEVER, because that's a big word for a big boy like yourself. Awww.

>live in a country that's 90% Christian and 2% Muslim
>why are there so many jokes about Christians?
Christianity is ingrained in western culture which makes it relatable and easy to construct humor around. If you say something like the 3 kings bringing gifts, or the last supper, or Judas betraying Christ, or the Resurrection, everyone knows exactly what you mean.
If you make a joke about Islam you'd have to spend half of the time explaining exactly what the 5 pillars are, or what the Dome of the Rock marks, or what Eid is.

>implying Sup Forums isn't a Christian board

>i post a picture with scribbles on it
>every time no one understands what it's supposed to mean and i have to explain it every time
>i keep posting it

I'm guessing your point was probably autistic as fuck in that case.

/his/ understood perfectly when I made it. Maybe your just upset my crayons scribles wrecked your shitty image.

"this is how advanced the world would be without religion"

Aside from the fact the Dark Ages weren't even really a thing, Religion was actually one of the key catalists for widespread education.

Monks would copy books and scrolls, people learnt to read so they could read the bible etc.

Second time I've posted it. And you know exactly what it means.

I know Islam

not all of them

>I've read angry Sup Forumstards blame everything on brown people
>this makes me basically equivalent to an expert on Islam

Bullshit. They burned books and destroyed education.

Sure some monks may have set up some new, heavily biased doctrine, education 800 years into it. But there would be no need if they hadn't destroyed it in the first place.

Taking a stab at this retard's picture, I'm guessing he's saying the narrator largely refers to the later half of the "Dark Ages" in his defending Christian scientists, but not 300AD-1100AD.

Well, first, I would say the fall of Rome wasn't 300 AD. Theodosius the Great still led a unified Roman Empire until 395AD, and the Vandals didn't even burn Rome until 455AD. Christianity didn't really rise into prominence until Saint Justinian the Great became Emperor in 527AD, and even then, you'd have scholars arguing strongly that he was still Roman...

Anyhow, what happened around 600AD? Well, Islam happened. Jerusalem was conquered by the Mudslimes in 637AD. They invaded North Africa in 670AD, and by 716AD their empire stretched as far East as China.

>Islam in the Middle East is responsible for the slow crawl of science in Europe
this is getting pathetic

i thought the dark age was when Rome's empire fell and the known world suffered for it.

Is that all that mouth-breather wanted? Prominent scientists from 300-1100 AD?

Paul of Aegina, Anthhemius of Tralles, The Venerable Bede, Pope Sylvester II, John Philoponus, Rabanus Maurus, Abulcasis, Constantine the African, Arzachel, Adelard of Bath, Robert Grosseteste, Albert the Great, etc.

>Islam stayed in the Middle East during those years

I think you quite missed the point, retard.

Don't forget Saint Hildegard.

This is bull shit. The Christians destroyed the academia of antiquity.

>half
Oh its a lot less than half user. And somehow I'm the retard fr posting pictures where the smug idiot I replied to also only posted a picture.

Also, the time periods are clearly European ones. It had a lot of relevant overlap with Asia and Africa sure, but using them as your ultimate source is silly.

>Christianity didn't rise in prominence until Justinian.
Bullshit.

Hey, remember when 10 million people killed each other over the interpretation of baby jesus fable?

>he said without source or evidence

think he's saying all the examples the author presents are from the end of the dark ages, which still leaves a significant amount of time where there wasnt any scientific advancement

it did basically did though.
The Moors took Spain but under their rule it was far more scientifically and culturally advanced than the rest of western Europe. And other than that they didn't make it into Balkans until the late 1300's.

What's England, France, Germany, and especially Italy's excuse for not being pinnacles of learning at this time?

>facts disagree with bias
>This is b-bullshit! Mooooom

And another poster just rattled off a dozen scientists who proved you wrong: And if you think Christianity was in power before Justinian, when do you think it was? Christianity wasn't even legal until 313AD.

Have fun getting beheaded for your comfort

thats only because of low ethnic diversity
t. Sup Forums

I love how South Park does the same joke except they're fighting over the true science now instead. Really makes you think.

No. I literally read the quran, Nice strawman