What did you think of Jared Lego as the Joker?

What did you think of Jared Lego as the Joker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7H1Ox_l04
m.youtube.com/watch?v=N_-lLs8OAqw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pEsGf0PMXNc
youtube.com/watch?v=IL4Dl4VYu_0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is a frame in the movie.

It was a blocky performance

Pure insanity

>"I AM DA JOKEERH BABEH"

D A M A G E D

chuckled

youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7H1Ox_l04

Best joker so far

Only plebs and marvelkucks disagree

awful video, just fucking awful

it wasnt that good. It was like he tried way too hard. His Joker laugh was the worse of any adaptation, live action or cartoon.

I want more.

Us gamers, right!

10m subscribers and this is what people watch? fuck me, youtube, what are you doing?

A nice cross between a snake/Prince/Richard nixon and a mob boss

Would have preferred him as the main bad guy (like he has a Joker Bomb in the city and ss has to stop him)

kek, that hand over mouth thing was fucking retarded. Every scene he trie being so edgy, random and wacky and ended up being cringe worthy
the laugh tho I liked. Reminded me of one of the batman cartoons I used to watch. every other laugh feels like a variation of
>curaaazey so randum guy #4813 eisenberg wannabe

I give his perofmance 5 bags of popcorn and a copy of the Dark Knight dvd so he can see what a real Joker looks like.

The blocking for him was unusual.

honka honka is all I've seen and it has ruined him more than a million 'damaged' tattos ever could

>so edgy, random and wacky
That's pretty much modern Joker tho. Blame the Arkham games.

I didnt like it.. He was growling all the time.

The whole movie was fucking shit..

yeah I dont know. I feel like jack nicholson burned the image of the crazy laughing man in everyone's mind(in a large scale at least), so for the next 20 years every villain had to be a variation of it

pretty sure that mexican dude that played the joker in the 60s tv show started the stupid manic laughing the joker does. Everyone else just adds extra ham to his old hammy performance.

Didnt even come off as insane, just thuggish. How could this be the man who fights the extremely dark version of Batman that Affleck plays? How could this be the man who tortured and beat Robin to death? He's fucking emotional about Harley. What the fuck?

>Blame the Arkham games
They've had Arkham games since the 80s?

I thought this was just a manip an user made, but it's actually in the flick. bwahahA

Ayers view of the DCEU is some boring wannabe Nolan bullshit

terribly miss cast

so was the black principle lady

That fucking damaged tattoo kills me everytime

overacting garbage

I thought his laugh was decent.

What laugh?

Lego now has realistic pieces?

How do they fit with the blocky ones?

the problem with this joker is he was not intimidating at all, he had no sense of danger. he was a straight up faggot

they only focused on "whacky" and being alt.

why would anyone be scared of this guy.

the whole movie lacked any depth. just , here is this edgy bad guy, oh look this edgy bad guy. then they cops would catch them, but you're supposed to still be scared of them

I liked his presence and him and Harley were so cute together.

I need more screen time of him to judge but I did like how crazy he played the character with his body language and the way he spoke

ok

Still better than Zemo

congrats

ur a faggot 12 year old girl

He was fine. Sup Forums is just butthurt because of "NOT MUH JOKER"

He was a meme joker taylor made for plebby redditers

also they tried to force diversity in. i know complaining about it is a meme now, but who the fuck was the intended audience here?

they could have focused on the alt crowd but then they try to get the black audience with will smith trying to act black, then the mexican guy supposed to get mexicans to watch

fast and furious the only one to naturally force fit diversity, and its still shit, but at least watchable

Nope that would be Ledgers.

>based on photos you liked
Yeah, congrats!

>Ayers view of the DCEU is some boring wannabe Nolan bullshit

You are fucking kidding right? Ayer shot lots of extra Joker scenes (Joker's bodyguard holding a gun to Harley's head while she is strapped to the chair, Joker slapping Harley) but WB demanded they be cut.

Do not blame Ayer

I unironically love him.

I am going to be honest.
When he was just talking and communicating somewhat normally, he was fine.
Once he did the edgy eccentric honka honka shit, the growls, the laugh, that was just stupid. It didn't feel natural like Heath Ledger's eccentric mannerisms did. And I guess since that is what the Joker is known for, he failed miserably. Not sure if it's due to the editing or writing that made it like that.
I feel like given the right material, the right script, and the right movie, Jared Leto could pull off a decent portrayal of the Joker.
But the DCEU is being run by fucking morons.

Is this bait?

I already own a poster and t shirt of him. Can't get enough of how cool he looks

>Do not blame Ayer

What about how Batman's retaliation for Joker killing Robin is him knocking his teeth out, or Joker tattooing DAMAGED on his forehead to remind Batman that he "ruined" his beauty or that "lol Boomerang is a brony guise".

And all his inspirations for Joker is this garbage mexican cartel shit and how he had Croc's actor listening to cannibal sounds.

His directing style and thought processes are all over the place and a mess.

Oh for fuck's sake, stop baiting.

He was still hot as fuck though.

>things only gamers do
>spend all night gaming
Wow buzzfeed, that's some great content, 10/10!

Gotta give WB/DC credit though.

They've managed to fuck up both Batman's AND Superman's respective arch villains.

The best Joker scene in the movie
m.youtube.com/watch?v=N_-lLs8OAqw

Love the kitchen scene how he doesnt come straight away in but rather it leaves you as the viewer feeling unsettled (not knowing what he will do to the guy)

>This is a frame in the movie.
>its a cropped image from a frame

I havnt liked any joker photo on my account. now what fatty?

>the way he just casually jumps out of the van with his chest showing

Looks like a gypsy romanian who had steal a lot of gold and shit, so It is pure shit like the whole movie.

Whatever you say, cochise. ;)

He was an embarrassing, growling, puffy lipped, mumbly mess.

This was one of the scenes that I had no problem with how it was edited (apart from a lot of stuff being cut out and the scene feeling too short).

But the effects used made sense and reminded me of a David Lynch film with some reverse shots of Joker moving and the crazy face stretching as your pic shows.

This scene also looked great in IMAX because Jared's face was all over the screen making it a perfect POV.

Pic related is Willem Dafoe from a David Lynch film, reminding me of the creepiness of Jared's Joker

this

this is terrible

so bad that it's good

Isnt that the idea? Jared's Joker is meant to be a real crazy psychopath hence he may seem cringey to those who dont study psychology of the disturbed but I thought he did a great performance in the small scenes he had.

It almost felt like once he was getting somewhere in a scene.. the editor decided to cut.

I think the main problem is that he began to do something but then we didnt get to see enough to actually judge for instance his scene here
An interesting Kitchen scene as he is about to get down to business but then the editor cuts him out. Also the part when he says "Where is she?" As for a second you see some hunger in his eyes truly wanting Harley back but then he goes into laugh mode.

It is much better in the cinema. The camrip audio and cropped video doesnt do it well

So good that it's bad.

Jokers all fucked up. No grill, no tattoos other than the dragon on his back and a small branded J by his eye. Leto should have found his own voice instead of imitating Ledger. Keep the physical abuse scenes instead of making Harley and Joker some romanticized Bonnie and Clyde instagram couple. Some of it was cringy as fuck, the whole hunka hunka of burning love thing was unnecessary.

I guess I went into the movie expecting it to be tryhard over-the-top shit, but he played a minor role reasonably well.

That 'HONKA HONKA' was weird af... dunno what he was thinking there...

and the meme-tier 'le method acting XD' shit makes me feel a bit embarassed for him.

was he supposed to have a much larger role in the film? or was it all just hype the whole time?

>Leto should have found his own voice instead of imitating Ledger.
He doesn't sound Ledger.

>That 'HONKA HONKA' was weird af... dunno what he was thinking there...

it's hunka hunka, as in a hunka hunka burning love.

kek so stupid

>was he supposed to have a much larger role in the film? or was it all just hype the whole time?

He had about 30 minutes of screen time originally that director David Ayer shot of him including extended scenes of him and Harley, him shooting up a restuarant as then Harley gets in an argument with him, resulting in Joker slapping her.

WB decided to make Auer cut all this out unfortunately, resulting in him only having 7 minutes of screen time.

Horrible.

>Honka Honka (Hunka Hunka)
Similar to an Elvis Presley song

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pEsGf0PMXNc

Mom's gonna freak/10

All actors have some bad moments in a film. We only saw Jared's Joker for 7 minutes so who knows what he could have done if we saw all of his scenes.

You can't judge a character when they only had 7 minutes to work with.

Fantastic

Here is clips of some of the deleted Joker scenes

Him hitting his head on the car window is the scene leading into him arguing with Harley in the street (you see Harley slamming on a car with frustration in the webm before she confronts him)

psychopath doesn't mean an insane person, an insane person wouldn't be able to run a complex criminal organization

>the theatrical cut is my cut

holy shit Ayer get out of my kitchen

By that logic he could have been even worse the more screen time he had...

>implying he isn't just saying that to get his ass covered

But seriously, the theatrical cut shows her shoot the gun with no explanation (apparently it's to kill a guy behind Joker hence you see in the deleted footage that he looks behind her).

BRAVO WB

>the deleted footage that he looks behind her
I mean Joker looks behind him to see what she shot at

But yeah the theatrical cut as Harley shooting, quick cut to Harley and Joker dancing...

WHAT THE FUCK WB

I don't get the hate.

Maybe, but I think he showed a lot of potential in the time that he had. If he had been given a chance I think he would have been a great Joker.

People were confused with his crazy laughing scenes (even though that is what the Joker is meant to do isn't it).

But really how can we judge him when he only had 7 minutes? Refer to up here
That's like judging Heath Ledger if he was only in the Bank beginning scene and some other extra shots such as him saying "Come on hit me!" and "Well hello beautiful" (not seeing any of his conversation performance with Christian Bale).

7 mins of a horrible joker. It looked like leto was doing cosplay, not an actual joker.

youtube.com/watch?v=IL4Dl4VYu_0

pure kino

Read this:
>That's like judging Heath Ledger if he was only in the Bank beginning scene and some other extra shots such as him saying "Come on hit me!" and "Well hello beautiful" (not seeing any of his conversation performance with Christian Bale).

Same circumstance would have happened with Ledger if that's is all we knew his Joker by.

When you consider how little screen time the Joker had, and how short and poorly edited the scenes were, it's actually impressive that he managed to be as good as he was.

He should have been given more time. He could have been so good.

We haven't had any "Do you know how I got my scares/I hated my father" bit with Leto yet to truly appreciate him.

fuck off

Heaths voice, look and whatever else would have sufficed even if his role was small. He had a great presence.

People decided they were going to hate him no matter what even before even seeing it. It's how the Internet works. Once it's been decided it can never be undone.

Jared has a great presence too but as a completely different type of Joker.

I am a fan of the crazy psychotic pimp like attitude.

The clothes designers deserve an award for making him stand out so much (not to mention that in every new scene he is in new clothing which I loved).

>He had a great presence.

So did Leto.

He was a very different interpretation of the Joker but there's nothing wrong with that. I like that he did something unique.

Ledger was a serious psychological villain trying to prove a point about human nature.

Leto is a more primal, animalistic Joker who just likes chaos and violence.

I think it's a combination of that and the fact that Ledger is now considered THE standard for the Joker.

>People decided they were going to hate him no matter what even before even seeing it.

You mean like they how they still hate Batfleck?

Batfleck is still pretty much Batman tho.(despite the killing.) It's like how people still hate Lex because NOT MUH LEX