/prod/

------ NO SOUNDCLOUDS ALLOWED ------
>LEARNING RESOURCES
>READ THIS BEFORE ASKING WHERE TO BEGIN

(Obligatory mixing course)
>The Art of Mixing by David Gibson
youtube.com/watch?v=TEjOdqZFvhY

(Obligatory synthesis course + additional related videos)
>Intro to Synthesis by New York School of Synthesis
youtube.com/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M

YouTube channels that you should subscribe to:

>Point Blank Music School
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg

>Pensado's Place
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

>SeamlessR (in-depth music production and sound design tutorials, based on FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

>BusyWorksBeats (same as above, a lot of good new content coming)
youtube.com/user/busyworksbeats

>ADSR Music Production Tutorials
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ

>Justin Omoi
youtube.com/channel/UCMnmXvv9JHJPsrrob-gEn5A

>WarBeats
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos

>Samori Coles (not many videos, but a few good ones on compression and EQ)
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos

>Modern Mixing
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos

>Image Line Tutorials (for FL Studio users)
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ze35GKdR_IY
clyp.it/cup3opcv
clyp.it/psplpl4z
clyp.it/vr4qto0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I saw a comment on a facebook meme that said something like 'i only listen to reversed whale sounds played over 20bpm hard trance beats', and so I made it. I didn't save the project but I can post a youtube if anyone likes

DO

Thanks for permissing it famalam.

youtube.com/watch?v=ze35GKdR_IY

Becomes intenser at about the halfway point

NOT

;)

good, now book a gig at your local hipster left leaning venue and play it loud as fuck while you pretend to turn some knobs that do nothing, while a projector is showing images of whalers killing whales and dolphin with heavy stobe effects and in the middle of the show you take out a bucket of fish heads and blood and smear it all over yourself while you scream like a madman "YOUR PAIN WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN!"

Then you fall over on the stage and you do your best impression of a dying flappping fish while rolling around in all the fishheads and blood.

you will get so much hairy pussy after the show you will be choughing pubes for a whole week

Why can't I come up with any chords, melodies, beeps, or boops that mean anything to me?

Ugh. I think I'm too depressed.

or since we both know you won't do that you could open up some whale gore tabs and jerk off while it plays like I am

>waaa i'm too depressed
sounds like you're just not working hard enough

Sorry, dad. Really, I'm running low on emotion. So I guess I'm not feeling anything from what I try coming up with. But I'll keep working...

clyp.it/cup3opcv
rate?
thoughts?

Depression is the best emotion with which to draw inspiration from.
The last 6 months with my ex i was depressed asf and i wrote a few emotional songs.
Hang in there /prod/ buddy.

Idk pretty boring, although i dont usually usually listen to progressive music like this.
The melody line at the end sounds tacky.
Idk the only stuff similar to yours that ive been listening too is andy stott; check him out.
As always... grain of salt.

clyp.it/psplpl4z

How is this sounding?
I tried sampling a Tom Waits song for the drums.

I just might... but I've not infiltrated any hipster circles yet, they are all plebshits

Rundown not quick enough

hey my friend is trying to make a demo reel for his wedding band and he wanted me to mix and eq this performance but they only had one mic recording the entire band and one mic recording the vocalist so essentially i had one recording of all the instrumentals with the drums super loud and the keys/horns super low and then a vocal stem

could i get a second opinion on this before i send it back to them?
clyp.it/vr4qto0w

Yeah as you said, its basically just vocals and drums with the other intruments in the background.
Its quite noticeable on living on a prayer; its pretty much just vocals and drums.

i told them to rerecord the keyboards for that one and play along to the track -- it's impossible to hear the keys on it

but the bass guitar and horns are the main issue here -- are they audible to the point that you can hear the actual musician?

Its a mission to hear them. I found you had to focus quite hard to hear.
You could try lowering the vocals a tad but idk if youre prepared to do that

I'd get another opinion though, im just one person with two ears.

i placed some room convolution on the vocals because they sounded really isolated and boosted the high mids and it's the best im gonna do without using some complicated fft solution for isolating the drums out of a mono recording or something like that