Sup Forums, who's the one artist you wish got more attention? Not "got famous"...

Sup Forums, who's the one artist you wish got more attention? Not "got famous", but just got more recognition for their work.

Black Keys

Mechina

Fruit Bats

So overlooked because of their first 2 albums

Denzel Curry

I'd say lil ugly mane but he'd [probably hate more attention

Man Man, Wolf Parade, and Home are the first bands that come to mind

They're famous but Blue Öyster Cult. Their lyricism on their first 3 albums was so intricate and the stories dark. But they didn't sacrifice music quality for story.

Xiao Fen-Min

Todd Rundgren

I mean, Wolf Parade had their heyday though. They just havent really done anything for a long time.

They pour their hearts out during live performances though

Peter Broderick

Jackson C. Frank

I know this sounds corny but where I'm from, so many good artists get overlooked because in general, most people just don't care about new sounding fresh music and want to listen to bland white wankery instead. So many radio stations, televised performances etc. just play uninteresting songs. The only place for an artist to gain recognition is at festivals (mostly for electronic musicians).

But to answer the OP I feel Broadcast, in general, deserves more credit for their contribution to pop music

derek bailey, but it would be hilarious if he got celebrity tier status

Jonwayne

Tindersticks

Sweet Trip

Jordaan Mason

Hes growing in popularity.

World's End Girlfriend

Andrew Bird

Me.

Yes

Hollerado
Indian Handcrafts

may I ask why you think so?

The Twilight Sad

Parenthetical Girls

yes
he's getting there
maybe one day

I would really like to see Sampha and Miike Snow be a little more popular than where they are

Jason Molina :(

Jeff Mangum

every good stayin inside all day ass LSD spiked arizona drinkin vaporwave artist

Brian Eno, not meming
It seems that only people actually interested in (art) music know about him. Everyone knows Bowie and The Talking Heads but Eno is overlooked by the general public in spite of his contributions to music

NMH is overhyped

Clarence Clarity. He's so consistently good, I don't know how he hasn't been signed to a bigger label, gotten more fans, or done collabs with bigger people.

Talk Talk / Mark Hollis

For me, it's John Vanderslice

Sweet Trip too. VDC seems like it was virtually unknown until Sup Forums dug it up a few years ago and I have no idea why.

Scott H. Biram

Andrew WK's work after I Get Wet.

Self/Matt Mahaffey

Rory Gallagher

Me