Is this man's music the best electronic music has to offer?

Is this man's music the best electronic music has to offer?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/55800i/skullbones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not even close

AUTECHRE IS BETTER

No

Are you even trying? Synth pop, ambient techno and IDM, wow.

As usual, composers were first and better.

It really is some of the best out there, anyone saying otherwise is contrarian as fuck

you're welcomed to write your picks

>one artist in 80 years of music

oh Sup Forums

HA

t. edgy hipster that only listens to edgy composers

Afx and Autechre are on the same level I think. Although if autechte keeps up with the speed and quality of their albums they may overtake him

Why does it always have to be a contest? Just let music exist as it is and not fall into the idea that there has to be a winner

nine inch guitars more like

lol no
no
lmao no

No, authecre makes music With the intetion of it being boring and difficult to listen to.

fucking retard

It's so cute how you all reduce "electronic music" down to just EDM and IDM, totally write off all the former and then just post the same 4 artists for the latter.

What a board.

t. listened to Coil once and thinks he knows "real" electronic music

>Aphex
>Autechre
>Boards of Canada
what's the fourth one?

not even close

It used to be Squarepusher but he's not been as popular of late.

OPN
Arca
Dean Blunt
James Ferraro
?

Luke Vibert?
U-ziq?

No one ever talks about Vibert

nope

Thomas Brinkmann
Vladislav Delay
Jacek Sienkiewicz
Wolfgang Voigt
Vakula
Pete Namlook
Move D
Atom TM

to name a very small handful

embarrassing honestly

Fifteenish years ago the "big four" of IDM were commonly held to be Aphex, Autechre, BoC and Squarepusher. I believe that this is mostly because they're all Warp labelmates and it was easy for critics to know about.

Squarepusher has been regularly releasing stuff all along, but tbqh I haven't been keeping up. This despite the fact that the most entertaining concert I've ever been to was a Squarepusher show, and I've seen Autechre (my favorite group) twice. Tom was in some flat black shirt and quietly sauntered past me by a bar area, shortly before the proceedings got going. Kids were jiving to some pre-game music, actually dancing quite well in the floor area. I get some beers, mellow out...

The room was chill and then Tom starts slapping his bass along with his laptop, cool strobe FX too. The front row were like a bunch of dudebro fratboys who had no idea what they'd got themselves into, but they were blown away and absolutely loving it, hooting the whole time. two encores, including Journey to Reedham and another big loada track IIRC. Fucking great show.

i go to MIT, you dumb state school mongoloid

this

>forgetting Autechre exist
>forgetting Boards of Canada exist
If those 2 groups didn't exist, then yeah.

Walking cliches errywhere

this post is so sad, expand your horizons for christ sake

No but he's pretty good for introducing someone to electronic music I guess

He's definitely up there.

only about 20% of his stuff is actually good.

Not true. Their music isn't boring, and while some of their projects can be difficult to wrap your head around at first, they are always very rewarding to listen to.

you have bad fucking taste in sound phenomena, my friend :/

every time

yes, hands down

idk i haven't looked into aphex twins discography much at all but he's alright from what i have heard, though for the most part i listen less to hyped or recognized artists exclusively from soundcloud & independent lables as edgy and typical as that may sound. who knows, it all could just be part of a meme scene but i like their sounds so who cares, i just listen to whatever i think sounds good, thats all that matters right. haha

soundcloud.com/55800i/skullbones

Literally what I imagined the first post would say. You lazy faggot.

>get taller manlet

hey man, i think that's a really authentic way of looking for new music, but hearing that track, I just imagine that it wouldn't even be possible without the kind of things aphex twin was doing in the 90s. i'm not sure if that matters. I liked that track a decent amount, but it ultimately didn't amount to anything special to my ears given my experience as a listener. but I dunno, sometimes I feel corrupted by a musical history received by critics. I guess as someone who listens to a lot of music I want to understand the flow of ideas being traded throughout its history in all its forms in different communities. i think things are getting really messy with the internet and i'm gonna be lost real soon.

Moody good is a god for recent new electronic producers.

I think his talent is often overlooked. Watching bits and pieces of the Field Day live stream kind of showed me how technically skilled he really is.

whats that 20%?