DAVID AYER: "SUICIDE SQUAD IS ART"

>"It's an interesting film. The film is getting eviscerated by so many of the critics and it's fascinating because in a lot of ways this is kind of an art movie and I know just saying that is going to provoke incredible howls of outrage out there but it's really this anarchic, punk-rock art movie"
- David Ayer

empireonline.com/movies/suicide-squad/empire-podcast-suicide-squad-spoiler-special-david-ayer/

I hope Patty Jenkins, Rick Famuyiwa and James Wan bring us as much joy as Snyder and now Ayer have.

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/love_2015
youtube.com/watch?v=AjVHwOpsoYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ah, yes. The 2deep4u defense, a DC classic.

more like FART ahahahaha

*poot*

>27% tomatometer
>art

ORA SI CABRON JAJAJAJAJA

>Basing enjoyment on RT

Art is subjective, amigo.

BRAAAAP

ahahahahaha

Yes, its art.

In the sense that anything is art, an "artefact of culture".

But if he means its anything more than that, some kind of high class art, some statement or other...?
Yeah, fuck that guy he's in denial.

but wasn't it a fun movie? warner can't decide if they defend dc movies by saying they were too serious or just fun movies for fans

But good films do divide critical opinion.
rottentomatoes.com/m/love_2015

Maybe your taste in film is mostly shit.

this is an insane thing to say.

this movie wasn't shot well from a cinematic standpoint, not edited well or even did anything interesting except one shot where they showed a rain of bullets falling on the ground and that seemed out of place.

calling it an anarchic art movie makes no sense. you didn't go against any sort of film making standards and in fact they were followed exactly as any other film.

what a mad lad

He's obligated to defend WBs shitty hackjob edit if he wants to keep getting work rather then being the next Josh Trank, I very much doubt he honestly believes that

>this movie wasn't shot well from a cinematic
lie

>hijacked and butchered by the studio to appease test audiences
>punk-rock art movie

I really don't understand the hate this movie is getting. It's just an average action movie. It's not good, but it's not a disaster either.

its mainly just memes or people dumb enough to believe said memes, like anyone who says it was a shitty adaptation is just shitposting.

Despite its flaws its definitely the sort of film thats gonna be a cult hit like warriors or Big Trouble in Little China, not saying it as good as those as the film did have a few genuine flaws

youtube.com/watch?v=AjVHwOpsoYg

fuck david ayer

He's right though. I'm not saying SS is the true definition of pure kinography, HOWEVER

>bold and interesting unique aesthetics and design choices
>critics hated it
>underperformed
>has a passionate fanbase

It's a cult classic in the making.

>literally chopped up into a flick by a trailer making company
>an art movie
Fucking lol
>art "movie"
>movies can be art
Fucking lmao. Only film and cinema can be art

Honestly I couldn't even finish watching it. Nothing about the movie appealed to me. 4/10

I feel bad for Ayer. He had to watch his film receive the Wisdom of Solomon and then has to go in public and defend his mangled half of the baby

David Ayer is such a try hard faggot and Suicide Squad reflects that.

yeah it's art alright... shit art
I appreciate he's in a difficult position, but cmon man

Will the ultimate edition of Suicide Squad feature all the songs changed to Sounds of Silence?

something having the potential of being a cult flick doesn't make it good, in my book.

>multi-million dollar film produced by rich people

>punk rock

i disagree. aesthetics are based in mathematics. see the Fibonacci Sequence, God is a mathematician, etc

fuck you bud

Report this cunt for spam and advertising.

art, is about repetition and variation. so even with gold ratio dictating beauty in symmetry it's the people that deviate from it that are seen are truly beautiful. perfection is flawed in it's own way. but one of the basis of beauty is being average, so too much deviation is seen as ugly, too 'perfect' is seen as boring. art is the fine balance between the two extremes.

with movies, the true art is editing. You can make an amature movie top teir with good post production and editing. less glamourous and more work intensive. most movies production is spent half filming and half editing.

There is a science too it, but unfortunately popular movies have to target the lowest common denominator, sadly.

>fury
>end of watch
>sabotage
>suicide squad
>bad

KYS pleb

2/4 are watchable
KYS niggnog

Sabotage is fucking awful, SS is bad, End of Watch is average, Fury is solid

>have your movie be fucked up by WB executives
>forced to say you like it after the cuts or be blacklisted

I hope he does get blacklisted. All of his films are dull garbage. His numerous LA-gang films have the same childish view on things. Fury was trying too hard, plus it had fucking lazers.

I liked Training Day but even that had the same problem you listed
>Ethan Hawke doesn't get killed by gang bangers because he happened to save one of their young female cousins from getting raped

Come to think of it, all the punk-rock art haus films ive seen DO have 15 pop songs in first act. I can't believe it, he's actually right.

there should be a weekly suicide squad livestream event like we had last night just to really inform everyone on how fucking abysmal this movie truly is

I watched it twice last night and it was unironically the worst thing I can remember seeing in my entire life

>shit acting
>shit editing
>shittily inserted pop songs
>shit characterization
>SHIT pacing
>shit villain with shit motivations
>entire movie has zero consequences
>croc does nothing
>slipknot does nothing
>katana does nothing

only good things about it were Jai Courtney and Diablo, sort of

>Black gangsters

Kill yourself amigo

>Him just saying punk
God I wanted to fucking gag. It's so cringe hearing someone even say punk let alone try to pass off the corporate mangled mess of a picture as that. I fucking hate that shit.

Of course it's art. Every films is art

It was better than BvS, but not by much. Waller and Diablo were on fucking point, but Margot Robbie couldn't pick a fucking accent, Croc looked like a pop figure, and pretty much every other character was underutilized. Joker was also grating as fuck and I REALLY wanted to like him. He sounded like Dollar Bill from Bioshock. Also what the fuck is with the "2deep" defense and why is it only ever whipped out for WB movies?

>Will the ultimate edition of Suicide Squad feature all the songs changed to Sounds of Silence?
kek

I cant add anything, only agree with you.
>Also fuck capeshit.

>shit acting
>shit characterization
>shit villain with shit motivations
>entire movie has zero consequences
>croc does nothing
Bullshit
>shit editing
>shittily inserted pop songs
>SHIT pacing
>katana does nothing
True

>slipknot does nothing
Im sorry what? Were expecting him to do much?

i think you maybe autistic

>cringe worthy dialogue

You didnt seems to mention deadshot which i think was best performance of movie

>something is shit
>gets insane amounts of flak and bad reviews
>I-IT'S ART GUYZ! YOU JUST D-O-N-'T G-E-T I-T!

every.time.

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!

It's a big budget focus-tested hollywood movie that tried to play safe but was just awfully executed. Fuck off Ayer you hack.

Deashot was Will Smith. Whenever I saw him on screen I didn't see Deadshot, I saw Will Smith.

Even the CW Deadshot was better.

Art is entirely subjective he is correct.

And the majority of people think your art is crap, Ayer.

The critics don't actually understand art, they are all doing some report card checklist stuff. People who actually DO think of movies as art like Armond White they liked it.

Audiences were positive on it, even with Sausage Party killing Suicide Squads main audience, it still had less a drop than BvS did.

I would say that they did a overall good job and that people overall liked it.

Since this is Sup Forums I am just going to assume you are racist because he was the second best character.

>Using Armond White as legit source
The dude is a living meme and you're a retard if you buy intomhis shit. Buy your own admission you aren't from here, so you probably don't realise we only use him as a source ironically

And no, "racism" aside, again, its done here ironically, Will Smith played Will Smith again.

That rain of bullets scene might have only lasted about 1 second, but I couldn't help but notice how out of place it was. I thought it was cliche and generic as fuck though.

K I N O
I
N
O

>art
Jesus, how delusional. Film is good but good as in action film good, not "art" good.
Film directors shouldn't be tooting their own horn.

/thread

More like incredible howls of LAUGHTER you dishit

The whole movie was like a series of paintings showed to you by feed. I was enchtress.

Blackhat has something like 32%.

>anarchic, punk-rock
>art
pick 1

Blackhat is terrible.

>First film without shaky cam for years
>Being called an art
Is popcorn movie genre that deep in shit?

>tame predictable studio-sanitised capeshit
>"anarchic, punk-rock art movie"

W E W
E
W
L A D
A
D

>" worst thing I can remember seeing in my entire life"
>Watched it twice

To what purpose?