Going off to boot camp soon

Going off to boot camp soon.

Tell my why you fags didn't join the best branch

also general military thread.

because i graduated high school

because i'm not a dumb fuck

Actually went to MEPS with coast guard, was set on going into the reserve. Changed my mind being over an hour from the closest small boat station, enlisted in the air national guard. Is great so far. Feelsgoodman

Because I'm Canadian and plan on joining the army instead. Being a coast guard could be fun though.

Oh damn

you can't even join w/o a diploma

because i dont like drowning?

army, navy, air forcr, marines....floating faggots not a military branch.

Get the fuck out of here, you god damn puddle pirating fuck.

Canadian coast guard is chill as fuck
T. American coast guard

let me be the first to say fuck your service

Cause we do more than fight for oil? yall haven't fought for our freedom since WWII

Not only are you not in the military, you are a boot and a pog. The only thing coasties are good for is a quick fuck on the trip down to Key West. Otherwise, haze yourself shower shoe

How's the pay? And job opportunities once you've finished your contract

I'm Canadian, and I grew up in an extremely harbour related town.
We had a massive downtown with docks, ferry ports, shops, and just a general nice vibe to it.

The feeling of the warm ocean breeze rushing past you as you look out into the almost endless, black sea is as terrifying as it is beautiful.

The knowledge that this is the same sea that thousands, possibly millions, have looked at, in the same area you are standing, is shocking.

The movement of a dock floating on the water. The sway of a ship at sea. The tug of a fish on your line. The rope cutting into your hands as you pull up a crab trap.

All these things got me hooked on ocean life, and, though I am planning on going off and becoming a biomedical engineer, I would be honoured to help defend my nation at sea in the Navy if I, for some reason, can't be an engineer..

Enjoy dying for the business interests of rich old men.

Dying in the coast guard? top kek

We can't all be NASCAR drivers

Currently active duty E6 in the CG. Been in for 10 years, and have enjoyed it so far. I've been able to live and travel to places I most likely wouldn't have otherwise. Steady pay, and TA paid for my biochem degree. Can't compare it to another service bc this is the only one I've joined.

You my friend are not only a maple syrup nigger, but the biggest cuck Sup Forums is yet to see.

for what us coast guard or canuck cg?

faggot

What district?

I've been stationed in multiple. D7 and D17 to name a few.

Im D17 right now, done d7 as well

What rate? EM here.

Hows D17, thats going to be my first choice.

These two fuckin coasties are about to butt fuck eachother lol

I ride a polar bear over a mountiain range every day to get to university.

I have to hunt moose to feed my polar bear to get him going.

I have to make tools with my own frozen shit and cut off my frost bitten toes and fingers on a regular basis.

Tell me again how I'm a cuck?

Depends on the job, I love it up here. Pay is fucking outstanding. What platform u trying to go to

HS

Your first name mike?

Because I'd rather be a faggot swabbie, a lazy zoomie or a dumbfuck jarhead than a puddle pirate.

Hs1 eh? I wouldnt do a 225, rather be on the funro than a 225 up here. Kodiak and juneau land side are elder god tier jobs

Here ya go buddy

Department of Homeland Security. Enough Said.

Because I became a Marine 12 years ago.

Have fun not deploying.

I did, and it turned out to be really shitty. Recruiter didn't like my choice of rate so he fucked my paper work and so I don't qualify for GI Bill, he didn't give me my signing bonus, the yeomen lost my training record 3 times, and my medical record 5 times; my CO reprimanded me for not getting qualified after refusing to give me the exam board I requested multiple times (which is ALL I needed to finish the quals), and when I tried to get my DD214 for discharge, nobody seems to know who the fuck I am. I love the theory behind the CG but man are they fucking shit. Never mind the fact that they will only run SAR missions then wave height is under 3-6' and winds are below 50 knots, but hey guys, let's do a couple hundred boardings this weekend while the boat is tied up so that our work hours aren't counted towards underway time so that we can make you do 18+ hour days back to back without hitting the commandant's fatigue policy.

Sorry OP, but you done goofed.

not HS1, think you're mixing up posts. You do an alaska 225?

Literally had none of that shit happen to me. You should like a whiny fuck

Fuck no i wouldnt. Been there done that. Sucks. 110 is chill though. Or one of the FRCs

Can't get on either of those platforms bc of my rate and rank.

Sounds like a shit experience where were you at?

Big white boats are better in my opinion because everyone isnt trying to do 10 different jobs shittily.

Also i like set schedules

Because I enlisted in the army as 11xOp40 step up

Whats your rate and rank?

i agree with the set schedules. i've done 2 black hulls. like the smaller crews, but hard to schedule anything in your off time.

Cs1 here. Love the cg.

ET1

175 and below isnt bad. But fuck 225s because your pretty much a white boat that additionally works aton. And fuck those bridge faggots that complain i aint out there scrubbing buoys cuz i got shit to fix in the engine room. The wardroom on 225s sucks.

>11x
Back to cod kid

Nice, EM here. Yeah i hate on small cutters having 10 different jobs then also having to juggle weather everyones cool, or if the command wants to pull rank again.

On a big boat you know whats expected at all times that to me is easier

This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This

After Cape May I went to Yorktown for A school (the one good thing that happened) then when to a shore station on the Great Lakes. I grew up on Lake Huron, and so I was really excited to be out there. I'm not saying that this will be everyone's experience, but that people should be prepared to deal with some real bullshit. I've had some great friends and some good times with fellow coasties.

Found the neckbeard who couldn't pass weight at MEPS

What rate?

-coast guard
-branch of military

Pick one

Where u tryin to go next?

Milfags - given up on Trump yet or are you going to do the cannon fodder thing?

I was a bm3 at sta rochester. Shit sucked

Yeah the only branch thats worth it to drive boats is the army

I'd bet my BAH CGIS made this thread

OK 11B happy? Ya fucking prima Donna

itt: faggots who don't know shit about the coast guard

>b-but it isn't military!!!!

Yes, it is. It serves a dual-role as military AND law enforcement, and it's not unheard of for USCG ships to be deployed across the world

atr

Soldiers are the biggest retards around....and NO idiots, this isn't bait.

>go fight a war or stop an "evil" organization
>organization was trained and supplied with weapons by same people telling you to kill them
>old men stay home safe in mainland murica while you fight and die
>same old men get medals/commendations/promotions and/or rich
>you either come home crippled for life or in a box, better dead cause veterans get treated worse than niggers on welfare
>"evil" organization just keeps on going...maybe a name change but that's about it
>ready for the next fresh batch of recruits to keep the cycle going

You should try thinking for yourself user, don't let other people dictate to you whom to hate and who to kill (or get killed by) You only get one life op, don't waste it being a tool for someone else's agenda.

Benning is such a shit hole

The military is for pawn faggots. You're fighting for a shit imperial government. Congrats

Too bad sanders didn't win huh?

Enjoy saving rich dumbfucks, fishing boats with drugs, and Navy hand-me downs

I was in X-Ray 193, 1st company to get their colors by week 5. Have fun getting reverted you fur fag. Just remember to sound off, square your corners, tuck in your elbows, and chugging that water.

Join a real branch bitch. You might as well say your joining the Peace Corp fucking hippie. I hope you drown.

I went BM; recruiter looked like he wanted to strangled me after my ASVAB came back, but I knew what I wanted to do which was to be on the boats on the lakes.

I had looked at transferring to St Clair Shores, Tawas, etc, but none of them wanted to work with ab over-billet.

>X-Ray 193
Welcome newfag.

High school diploma is required to join the Military you fucking cuck

Nah i know dudes in cgis they got better shit to do than do this also theyre ips are tracked so its kind of more dangerous for them to be here

joined AF almost at 4 year mark, its had high and low points, still better than college was imo

Fucking this.

>i bet he still calls his boots boondockers and talks about his company commanders

Apperently they deal with CP alot.

but i did

Tttthis one time...a..a..at bootcamp....

Yeah but fbi forwards the info to them

>my yn1 company commander was so salty....he was on a 210 for half a tour

When I was at Boston we had an ET2 get busted for cheese pizza. But he looked like a creep and nobody was really surprised

HAHAHAHA!!!! ... I just... A Coast Guard recruit (not even made it through yet) is trying to start a branch war?!!? Pic related..... -.-

Yeah... Just a stupid non rate for 2 years till i go to MST A-school

Yeah apparently there was some people in kodiak making said italian fast food items in their garage in housing

Holy shit it's a unicorn

He probably passes out in port calls and gets tapped out too. 3 beers in GTMO and he's the guy getting bit by lizards

Cause I refuse to be cannon fodder for faggots who wouldn't dare to go to war themselves