Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat...

>Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8oJ-oz5jBX4
investopedia.com/terms/b/bearer_bond.asp
investopedia.com/articles/bonds/08/bearer-bond.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=gpbv4oCv100
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He meant "gee, this is probably the last good movie I'll ever star in".

I literally live by this rule

ronin

>Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat

this doesn't make any sense. He's saying you can get attached as long as you're willing to walk out on it but if you let yourself get attached you will not be willing to walk out on it, let alone in 30 seconds.

Who wrote this garbage dialogue?

what the fuck did you even talking about?

But what if im walking down the street and suddenly i start feeling a heat around the corner because they are doing some asphalt repairs there?

What do?

Fire safety tips.

He meant "go watch Midnight Run"

It's all relative. 30 seconds is plenty of time for him.

Because everyone else in the movie was attached to a woman and they committed adultery.

All women are bitches. You need to be able to dump a bitch in 30 seconds flat or you paying that alimony for the rest of your life.

>be a autist neet for the rest of your life

It should take you no less than 30 seconds to walk away from the roadworks

What

If you get attached to something, make sure it's something you can abandon.

What's so hard to understand?

Was Neil a /r9k/ robot ?

>NEET
>Lonely
>No gf
>No family

/thread

It's not like you can attach yourself to anything while being a basement dweller.

>normally my odds from coming back from a meeting with Nicky were 99 out of a hundred, but this time I gave myself fifty fifty

It means don't allow yourself to live a good and happy life.

Getting attached brings heartache and disappointment.

However the point was that Mcauley spent the entire movie regretting living by that code which was why he was so dedicated to being with I forgot her name

Then don't take down scores

>Do i rob liquor scores? Do i have a tattoo on my back that says "Born to Lose"?

What a coincidence. I'm watching the film as we speak.

Why did they steal bearer bonds? What are those exactly?

>Your money is insured by federal government. You won't lose a dime

Did Neil just admit that dollar is worthless paper? Why steal money that's not backed to gold?

No matter how many times i watch this movie De Niro never makes it out alive

He means leave the us before it becomes a 3rd wold open border bazaar

>Tell my friend that Heat is my favourite movie
>He watches it

>He thinks Pacino should have been the bad guy
>The ending was cliche
>The movie was too long

How pleb is this guy?

Easiest explanation is they are like large denomination bills. The bearer of the bonds can redeem them for whatever the dollar amount is on the bonds. Desirable in this case because they aren't traceable, i.e. no serial numbers.

>He thinks Pacino should have been the bad guy
Pacino was the bad guy
>The ending was cliche
It is
>The movie was too long
not an argument

He's probably pretty pleb though since these criticisms are shallow as fuck

I'm guilty of this, I just want him to change his mind about whacking Waingro and run off with his cute gf.

He's made some clunkers but I'll always love him for Thief, Manhunter, and Heat.

>Pacino was the bad guy

for letting Ralph fuck his wife?

He's talking about the FDIC. Your checking account is insured up to $250,000 in case the bank goes under (like in the Depression) or gets robbed (like in the documentary Heat)

is it just untraceable cash with very big denominations?

Why do these things exist, and what do you do with them?

Really fucking Pleb. I'm convinced that if you are male and dont like Heat even a little bit you are basically a woman with the body of a man.

This movie hits on so many manly things
Honor
Loyalty
Courage
Guns
Taking things by force

Thief > Heat > Manhunter

imho

youtube.com/watch?v=8oJ-oz5jBX4

>is it just untraceable cash with very big denominations?
Pretty much.
>Why do these things exist, and what do you do with them?
Illegal shit.

Read investopedia.com/terms/b/bearer_bond.asp
investopedia.com/articles/bonds/08/bearer-bond.asp

They are from a time before computers when you needed to transport large quantities of wealth but didnt want to have a semi truck full of $100 dollar bills. Primarily used by banks back in the day.

Oh are you a career criminal as well?

>literally

>Vincent (Al Pacino) is willing to catch scumbags and sacrifice his family and his pursuit of happiness
>HURR DURR NEIL SHOULD HAD MAKE IT IN THE END

Fuck you. Vincent was better character.

youtube.com/watch?v=gpbv4oCv100

>I ambushed you with a cup of coffee!

Wanting Neil to make it out at the end is why the movie is so fucking good in the first place. The script and the characters are so well written that the viewer connects emotionally with the people on screen. Whichever one you wanted to win at the end doesnt really matter. Its the fact that you are invested in the characters so much by the end of the film you are emotionally affected by the ending. Story telling at its finest.

>What did he mean by this?

What did you mean by this?

Does Sean Bean die in that movie?

I've never watched it.

he vanishes into thin air after deniro wrecks his shit with a cup of coffee
not even lying, he's not in a single scene after that

No

BOATHOUSE MUTHAFUKKA DO YOU SPEAK IT

He melted?

I have no idea what you're referring to but what do you mean by this?

mann is proof that a good director and cinematographer can turn the shittiest scripts into good movies

>neil is supposedly a quiet, meticulous operator
>hires serial killer waingro without background check and puts him on the job where his right hand man doesn't even know what the man looks like
>when the deal goes bad he tries to kill waingro in front of a crowded restaurant
>for the next job he hires an ex-con he just saw in the kitchen, without ever wondering if his henchman really told the truth about not being able to shake the heat
>is supposedly tech savy yet has no idea how wireless communication works and pays hundreds of thousands of dollars for info gained from it

or that outstanding part where val kilmer passes cop check while sporting a gigantic neck wound because somehow they have no idea what the guy who started ww3 on the streets of la looks like

Goddamnit i always get to these threads late. I fucking love this movie. Comfyasfuck/10.

yup, the coffee was that hot

>I'm melting, melting!

Guess I should watch this one day then I really like Deniro as an actor and haven't watched this.

it has some bitchin car chases too

I'm too tired to go through those points line by line and tell you how wrong you are

>hires serial killer waingro without background check and puts him on the job where his right hand man doesn't even know what the man looks like
It's not like Waingro had a super important role in the first score. He was just another rifle just in case shit went south and he happened to hire a guy who was also a psychopath. Shit happens.
>for the next job he hires an ex-con he just saw in the kitchen, without ever wondering if his henchman really told the truth about not being able to shake the heat
He didn't really have the time to think about it too much. Wasn't the heist supposed to take place on the day Trejo called him to drop out?
>is supposedly tech savy yet has no idea how wireless communication works and pays hundreds of thousands of dollars for info gained from it
When is that ever established that he's tech savy? He does his research and knows how to take down scores but he's never portrayed as a fluent computer geek.

Love a good car chase, favorite part of The Dead Pool was that rc car chase.

Meh movie honestly but Harry was in 3 good movies.

I really don't like The Enforcer and The Dead Pool

It is immensely satisfying watching him kill Waingro though

How do I become a cool and sucessfull thief like Neil

I can't remember, did pacino's girl affect him in any way? I can only remember Val Kilmer risking his freedom for his wife.

For not letting Ralph watch his television set

>What are you, a monk?
>I have a woman.
>What do you tell her?
>I tell her I'm a salesman.
>So then, if you spot me coming around that corner... you just gonna walk out on this woman? Not say good bye?
>That's the discipline.
>That's pretty vacant, you know.
>Yeah, it is what it is. It's that or we both better go do something else, pal.
>I don't know how to do anything else.
>Neither do I.
>I don't much want to either.
>Neither do I.
(they kiss)

>Look at me!

nigger why the fuck are you on Sup Forums while watching heat? what the fuck is wrong with you? do you even like movies a little bit?

the finale of thief is so fucking great

This is correct

O P E R A T O R