Post genuinely bad guitarists

Not guitarists who have a simple, minimal style to their playing, but guitarists who are just awful.

This guy. When I was SOAD live videos he messes up simple parts and hits bum notes. Seems he can only play power chords competently.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7Sq2z9DYqTE
youtube.com/watch?v=v-xUwDARVb4
youtube.com/watch?v=TPEpJehr7iw
youtu.be/dtNt5itbgA4
youtube.com/watch?v=8g762REJWcg
youtube.com/watch?v=9yk1DzBDPEk
youtube.com/watch?v=QvRchBQbc78
youtube.com/watch?v=3WAqNJuDR5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The guy(s) from Half Japanese, pic related

Ever heard a Dave Matthews guitar solo before? You haven't? Well now you know why.

youtu.be/7Sq2z9DYqTE

I can't stop laughing

Daron routinely performed too high to even walk correctly. He hasn't done himself any favors by being complete shit at a lot of shows.

Holy shit how is this not one of those videos that's been dubbed with tiny impotent guitar noises and grunts.

Goddamnit look at his thumb. As a guitarist this has jostled my wangos.

Stephen from Deftones is pretty limited

I'm confused, what is he even doing?

The comments are the best part.

leave kirk alone

Listening to what this man was doing in the second half of Scum was dreadful.

Abe is the only one in the Deftones who is actually above average at his musician (and is actually pretty good). They were just kids that were really good at taking all the pop influences they grew up with, and synthesizing it into metal music more interesting than their contemporaries.

The Edge.

youtube.com/watch?v=v-xUwDARVb4

and she killed kurt

>Holy shit how is this not one of those videos that's been dubbed with tiny impotent guitar noises and grunts.
wait a minute... it isn't?

The dude seems like a creative and good guitarist in studio, but live he is dogshit I agree. He seems to have no care for the rhythm or playing to the song

He plays sloppily on a long of recorded stuff too. He's a songwriter, not a guitarist.

he was even bad relative to Ace, and that's saying something

i watched this guy unintentionally break his guitar in half on stage because he was bending the neck back and forth

>caring about how a guitarist sounds live unless you are going to see them

He has made some pretty good music though, somehow

what surprises me more is how you can hide all that sloppy shit underneath the mix.

This faggot

I just always thought he was too fucked up to play. I mean it's kind of impressive he plays as well as he does when he's laying on the ground convulsing.

I know this is bait but he's got technical ability he's just not super creative

>that hand placement

>assessing the chops of a grindcore guitarist
also the pic you posted is from when he played in carcass and was playing great shit

Tom was never going to be a Steve Vai or Joe Satriani, but in his early days he played his songs well without fucking up. It wasn't until the 2000s that he started fucking around and played like shit, both intentional and not

Nice bait, mate.

noice bait

Why do they even have him? James is a way better guitarist.

Bass, but Fieldy is just the worst.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPEpJehr7iw

>tfw Tom peaked as a guitarist in Cheshire Cat

This guy is such a fag
>Dude, check out our book, my new shoes, my new app, I don't have any of this shit but it's all really cool just buy it now!
youtu.be/dtNt5itbgA4

You're not wrong, but he delivers regardless in my opinion. He doesn't so much fail at being good, more like he just simply isn't good but blazes away with gusto regardless and the energy comes across.

Yes, but not for leads. Certainly not the kind of leads their reputation and scene demanded. That's why Kirk is there. Lead guitarist.

As bad as he is. The fact he's mentioned in almost every youtube comment section involving bad guitarists is absolute cancer. People need to learn to move on.
James isn't bad, but he really can't play fast. He's got a great melodic ear though. Kirk works well in the context of the band.

He's average for what he does. Even here once he starts playing rhythm he's just fine. That said, trying to pull off a solo guitar performance like that at that level is pure self aggrandizement.

this nigga fucks up nearly every solo.

how dare you

This isn't technically bad, just really wanky and retarded

As a solo that's pretty bad, but his rhythm stuff is pretty interesting/complex

youtube.com/watch?v=8g762REJWcg

youtube.com/watch?v=9yk1DzBDPEk

the solo at 1:55 automatically refutes that. As well as the two solos in Love Is Blindness at the end of the same concert:
youtube.com/watch?v=QvRchBQbc78

The Edge may overuse pedals and effects and whatnot to the point where it seems like he relies on them to sound good, but he's genuinely a great guitarist without those things. U2's pre-Brian Eno/Daniel Lanois produced albums when they had a more post-punk sound showcase it well. It wasn't until Eno showed The Edge what reverb was that he spent the rest of his career turning his pedalboard into what's basically a supercomputer.

Will Toledo, Kevin Parker, Panda Bear, Adam Granduciel, Lou Reed. Really almost any guitarist from an indie band.

I would love to hear alternate timeline Metallica with Mustaine on leads

you suck big dick, ass hole

youtube.com/watch?v=3WAqNJuDR5s

He was a great songwriter, but a truly shitty-ass guitar player

>In 2003, David Fricke of Rolling Stone ranked him the 12th greatest guitarist of all time.[52] He was later ranked the 73rd greatest guitarist... ...by the same magazine,[53][54]

Giving him credit he seemed to be a slightly above average beginner guitar player

I think he just stopped giving a shit about solos after 1991

it's like he has lost his ability to shred. Older shows, he nails all his solo's but now it's every other measure he fucks up.

that shit grooves so hard

Daron untalented? No, he very clearly is good at guitar and creative at what he does. It just so happens that he's an insane junkie who's high out of his fucking mind when they performed live in the 2000s. His solos on Hypnotize and Soil are still favorites of mine.

His rhythm parts are fine. He's not exactly bad, he just had no business playing a solo. It's not surprising some jabrone would say that.

you suck big dick, ass hole

wish that jam went further towards the end there!

Yeah, him and Jad have pretty demented free outlooks on art/music. The first three Half Japanese are absolutely unlistenable terrible garbage. Basically like listening to The Shaggs but with zero comedic or endearing elements. They eventually made some cool music following more traditional ideas whether or not they'd admit to that.

wouldn't doubt it if he had serious arthritis at this point

yeah, hardwired is probably the last time they'll be able to reliably play like that, probably part of their reason for making it

Cobain is not a shitty guitarist he's pretty good at creating melodies and is an average technical guitarist if that's what you mean but he's got some decently hard stuff to play

That comment section...

Please be trolling, that's tommy thayer

The first 3 half Japanese albums are great.Its not meant for comedic purposes at all you fucking pleb

He is a good guitarist,leave him alone