NORWEGIANS HELP!

Hello Norwegians! Ever heard of a place called Trondajen?

I was digging into my families past, and I discovered that my great grandfather on my fathers side is Norwegian, not Danish like we were told (we were lied to).

I found my great grandfathers military draft card from WWII from Washington State, U.S.A, but he lists his home town in Norway as a place called Trondajen.

My searching shows that this place doesn't exist; what was my great grandfather talking about?

Anything helps, thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tromsdalen
rfsl.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/RFSL_Nyanlända_broschyr_2016-03-03.pdf
forvo.com/word/no/tromsdalen/
nieuws.kuleuven.be/node/17788
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's probably misspelled

It means "you're American you muh heritage cunt" in Norwegian

Trondheim?

ask in their general

Yeah this, irt's probably meant to be Trondheim

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tromsdalen
more like this

that's very cool

Norway was actually a part of Sweden in 1889. You're a Swedish American.

Good name he had

>MUH HERITAGE

The woman he married was named Hilda Alvina Bergsten, who's parents Andrew (or Anders on some paperwork) and Anna immigrated from Sweden in 1870; so I'm much more Swedish than I realized. I didn't know I was Swedish at all until this evening.

I only know my dad; we know nobody else from his family due to them being shitty fucking human beings. I didn't know anything past his father and mother; I've now got records on family going back to the early 1800's. I'm very excited, I finally know a little about my family's history. I knew Christensen was most likely not Danish, but now I have proof.

I checked the pronunciation, it matches up with what was written in the document, as in the misspelling is understandable
it's probably this OP

take a 23andme or Ancestry.DNA m8

NEVER do this, these corporations sell your data to insurers etc.

>so I'm much more Swedish than I realized. I didn't know I was Swedish at all until this evening.

my uncle on my mothers side did this, he got fucked bad. Found out he had a genetic deficiency which made him highly susceptible to thyroid issues; he's now having to fight to get decent insurance. I will do that shit when I'm 70 years old and don't give a fuck.

that is fantastic, thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

>I'm much more Swedish than I realized. I didn't know I was Swedish at all until this evening.
kek

correction: I did not realize that I had/have Swedish ancestry before this evening. It's almost 3AM where I'm at and I've been digging for the past 6 hours, I'm a little tired.

you gotta learn to act like a Swede then

rfsl.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/RFSL_Nyanlända_broschyr_2016-03-03.pdf

Just so you know, this is where I got it from
forvo.com/word/no/tromsdalen/
thank the Finn 2bh

You are not swedish at all

hence read this:

no they don't you lying cunt

They do, my university(kuleuven) did a study on it, you can't trust them, read carefully whether or not they can do this.
These tests are really no good

post your source you're full of shit

>I'm much more Swedish than I realized
Try Blacked.com. Both Americans and Swwedish love it.

Our campus newspaper

He probably just misspelled Trondheim

fuck off.

Meant for OP wops

nieuws.kuleuven.be/node/17788

>DNA sale

>So give the genetic privacy of yourself and your family. Moreover, DNA profiles have become a commodity, Larmuseau continues. "Scientists and forensics looking for criminals, even rummage in those databases. That might seem to justify yet. But some online businesses sell their databases to insurers and pharmaceutical companies. They get so not only your DNA profile, but also about your lifestyle. Because at a descent test you often fill in a lot of additional questions about your health for example. Of course, these data are often not only for scientific purposes

where is their proof?

What do you want me to mail them? the campus newspaper is a reliable source

>Swwedish love it.
Stop memeing Lev

There is a small area in the southern town Risor that's named Trondalen, thats probably pretty far fetched tho

Why?

are you even white?

I'm half Dutch, a quarter English, and what I thought was a quarter Danish is apparently an eighth Swedish and an eighth Norwegian. So I'd call that white.

He meant Trondheim

Did they actually draft 50 year olds during WWII? They must have been desperate.

Did he cum in his panties?

if you are not anglo-saxon please leave this country

Who wrote this? If it was an American told how to write it by a Norwegian, well "h" and "a" sound similar in English, so maybe it was Trondhjem, where the "h" was misheard as "a" and "m" as "n".