Why do people feel the need to only ever bring up that Lennon was a wifebeater? What other musicians beat their wives?

Why do people feel the need to only ever bring up that Lennon was a wifebeater? What other musicians beat their wives?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Better
beatlesinterviews.org/db1980.jlpb.beatles.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ringo

Usually just to throw the conversation off to turn attention to themselves. I've had someone do it when I was talking about the beatles once. Told them to shut the fuck up.

True, but Paul went back in and redid it himself afterwards because he wasn't happy with it

ur hard
basically he was a hypocrite.

Tell someone to stfu doesn't make me a badass. Every discussion about The Beatles doesn't need someone spouting about what John did. Everyone knows about his history with women and how bad he treated his son. It doesn't need to be mentioned and it's usually done by someone who has nothing to add. I'm a huge fan of The Beatles and know a lot about them, it's not unknown that John was a dick, but do I bring it up in conversation? No.

Cos he preached about love and was fucking famous.
Al Green beat his wife and also had an affair with a girl who left her husband because she wanted to marry him and when he wouldn't marry her she killed herself.

Suck my dick fagdon
i can say whatever i want too

Ok, Beatles Internet Defense Force.

absolute madman

I loce you

I don't know, maybe because he tried to pass himself as some sort of loving and peaceful messiah.

Well fuck me for trying to talk about anything.

I'm not a huge knowledge source about The Beatles but he was at least self-aware about this

>In a 1980 interview in Playboy with John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Lennon, when asked about the song, commiserated that the song's lyrics came personally from his own experience abusing women in relationships in the past. He states: "It is a diary form of writing. All that "I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved" was me. I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically -- any woman. I was a hitter. I couldn't express myself and I hit. I fought men and I hit women. That is why I am always on about peace, you see. It is the most violent people who go for love and peace. Everything's the opposite. But I sincerely believe in love and peace. I am a violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence. I will have to be a lot older before I can face in public how I treated women as a youngster."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Better

beatlesinterviews.org/db1980.jlpb.beatles.html

Read it, judge him.
The one thing everybody should take away from this interview though: Yoko is a truly dangerous woman.

Aight makes sense. It's just that I'm cautious about people who try to seem so good, because that is the story of Satan. But indeed no one is born pure so one should be forgiven for his past mistakes.

There's probably people that have forgiven you for things you've done wrong in the past.

this desu
th

>th

?

I pressed send a little too early

Mr. President?

>I'm a huge fan of the Beatles

These meme needs to die.

John wasn't a saint, but he slapped his first wife once and was kind of neglectful to his first son. If that's the metric we're going by then 95% of rock stars prior to 1985 are horrible monsters.

And the only reason we fucking know about this is that as early as 1967 John was openly remorseful about his attitudes towards women. He openly acknowledged that he turned to all the peace stuff as a means to make up for his wrongdoings.

The moral here is to not be remorseful.

people just ignore the context and the timeline of the events and instead just go "lol john lennon beat his wife"

CKY fucking sucks

Ok.

This desu
The son neglecting he never really made up for, nor really showed remorse for, but his wife beating was quite minimal, actually. If there's anything to criticise him over it should be that he repeatedly beat the shit out of blokes, including almost killing Bob Wooler, and never showing any remorse for it.

desu beating Ono is probably the only good thing Lennon ever did

that's true, and John did seem to at least make an effort to do the right thing even if it were in a self-absorbed way

where does it say that he beat Yoko?

did he beat Ono? I thought he only beat his first wife

>The son neglecting he never really made up for, nor really showed remorse for
(not true btw)

I don't think he did, it was only Cynthia.

>I'm a huge
you can say that again

Ever called someone a faggot on Sup Forums?

A huge what?

So they can feel better about themselves for having this knowlage that many people already know.

>fatass
>cuck
>faggot
>loser
>person
>etc

What's the hate for? Damn.

>it's not OK to beat a wife
>but it's OK to mentally abuse people

sheesh. sorry. you wouldn't have this problem if you didn't tripfag.

I only love bringing out shitty things artists did because I know limpwristed fucks that like them actually mind those things.