Do you actually like the taste of beer? Or do you just think that some beer tastes less shitty than others?

Do you actually like the taste of beer? Or do you just think that some beer tastes less shitty than others?

Bomp

seeing as how popular beer is, Im going to go out on a limb here and say most people who drink it enjoy the taste, yes.

I think it's popular because people like to get drunk, not because it tastes good

i can tell the difference between low and high tier beers but i stick to the mid tiers for the most part. it's definitely an acquired taste, much like drinking hard liquor straight up is.

beer tastes good, it's such an old part of humanity that men especially enjoy the smells of baking bread cuz it reminds them of beer

nah. then bars would just sell 99% liquor, shots, and mixed drinks. but this is not the case. Are you a kid that's had like less than 30 beers in total so far? Keep at it, you will eventually crave the taste.

It's fizzy, bitter yet smooth and when served ice cold, the best thing to chug on a hot day.

I forced myself to enjoy it at first but after the initial few beers, I grew fond of the taste.

I don't get drunk often, but when there's beer around at a party or something, I'll just chug the bitter piss quickly till I'm adequately drunk.

Beer is nasty, I doubt everyone hates it, but it's one of those things that I'm positive people embrace mostly for thay sake of tradition and a longing to fit in.

I think when you drink beer you're making a statement "I am non-judgemental and a normie just like you, so relax around me be friends"

There are so many better alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available now though that choosing beer seems anachronistic and masochistic, but change takes time I guess.

beer goes great with junk foods like pizza, wings, ribs. This pic is mouthwatering to me

i love beer.

Beer is an acquired taste, friend. If it wasn't, we would all be drinking cocktails instead. Same alcohol percentage, but you can make them taste however the hell you want.
Personally, I look forward to my after work beer so much that it motivates me to work harder. Love the taste

You sound young.

Beer is a thing you need to learn to love. I didn't like the taste until I was 21, after which I started studying, rendering me so poor I couldn't afford going to bars and sipping on cocktails the whole night. So I basically switched to beer, and after the first couple weeks I actually started enjoying the taste. Now I just love it - depending on the brand/ kind, not every beer tastes good.

I like the taste due to positive association. Same reason I like the taste of nicotine gum (most hate it).

Occasionally but I have always loved really extreme flavors and crave bitter, salty, sour, spicy, savory. Beer is definitely not for everyone and there are a lot of people that sit there and pretend to love the obscure IPA they're drinking while in reality they can barely stand swallowing each sip. I love working in a bar that specializes in craft beer and watching these hipsters try and impress their friends with their "beer knowledge." "Oh you'll like this one! It's an IPA! So it's like, um a bit um, hoppier!"
The best are the ones that ask to look at your huge beer list, contemplate for 30 minutes then order a Mic Ultra.

>you sound young

I'm 34.
People still say shit like that? I used to use the "You're young kid" bit when I was 24 talking to 18 year olds I was too old to be hanging out with....on that note I need to gtfo away from Sup Forums.

got to disagree with you that choosing beer is just a fitting-in move and an anachronism. It's not going away anytime soon. Men like beer. Men in their 30s and 40s arent drinking it to "fit in" like at a teen party. And when theyre out with the fellows, shooting the shit over some drinks, or playing poker or video games... the norm isnt going to change to adult men yucking it up and busting each others' balls white sipping sangrias and mai tai's.

I genuinely love beer and I know there is some piss water out there. If you're at a party no one is providing good shit to drink. It is going to be cheap piss. If you want something good go out to like Bevmo or something similar and take a while to look around and you'll see how much variety in beer their actually is. Or go to a brewery and get a flight of beers, everyone has something they like. My girlfriend thought she didn't like beer at all until she tried sours. It is all personal preference

Oh! Samefagging here! Another great part about this business is those faggots who sit there ordering a different beer every time and asking endless questions about them and asking to taste them, when they see their tab and realize that they've been paying $10-$12 a pint. Watching their face fall in despair is priceless.

Relax bra, even if you were to be 16, i couldn't care less.

still tho
> mostly for thay sake of tradition and a longing to fit in

Sounds goofy as fuck. Anyway, beer. Try it.

Had a party of sorts after work. Only two people drank alcohol, the boss had tequila because a leaving employee gave it to her as a kiss ass gift (please give me reference!) and one of our idiot younger associates had beer. Everyone else just had water, diet soda and cake.

I don't understand what you tried to write here.

But fuck off anyhow.

I agree, when I go and sit at the pub on my campus and order a beer just to relax between classes I pick a flavor I'll enjoy, I'm not there to fit in

Which fedora do you wear when you go out for a gentlemanly mixed drink?

Taste like white people's regrets.

I enjoy the occasional stout with dinner.

They didn't even cut the fucking pizza.

Im 16, ive drank a good bit, and im ok with beer. Some heavier, less "metallic " tasting stuff like guinness is good.

So you're probably around 14-17 years old

>metallic
what the fuck are you talking about?

also, b&

Mets cap usually.

I am 21

Sounds about right. The sad part about this is in 10 years he will be a full blown alcoholic, pouring natty ice on his cheerios in order to be able to get out of bed every morning.

I know it is b8 but still what are you even saying. I'm mainly a stout and porter drinker and Guinness is shit. I'll drink it if there aren't any other stouts on the menu

There are 5 or 6 beers that I like and the rest taste like what I think horse piss taste like.

BTW I choose beer over wine and I live in wine country surrounded by over 40 wineries within a 10 minute drive.

Oh yeah

>"I don't like the taste of beer"
>heh, he'll probably be a depressed alcoholic in 10 yrs.

That is really fucking random

Makes more sense now, I'm in Southern California not far off from San Diego, beer capital of America. In Orange County to be specific tons of great breweries everywhere with good beer sort of everywhere. Tons of shit in between though

Ah, thanks for translating, I don't speak millennial.

Well if that's what you're into have at it.

el segundo brewing co, Hammerland DIPA

The Great Divide Brewing Co

Ballast Point El Dorado DIPA

Anything from Bells Brewing in Michigan

any free beer

> every Mets fan is in New York at this moment

I moved to Austin 3 years ago.

Im in East County San Diego and there are so many good brews round hur

"But I'll chug the piss down as fast as possible to get drunk."

Only kids complain about the acquired taste argument. It takes less than a 12 pack over the course of a couple weeks to a month to acquire a taste for it. Especially if you're eating food as well.

No, but from what I hear not a good deal of great beer out of Southern California, the South had some, and far New England does. Even in Austin you're still sort of in just the normal big breweries at your local store

Any Indiana fags here ever been to Oaken Barrel?

Beerfag here, probably had at least a thousand or more. There is a beer out there for everyone, you just gotta find it.

Also, Bell's Master race reporting

Beer can pair with some food so well

Yes, BECAUSE I don't like the taste. I think I would be more proned to alcoholism if I actually liked the taste.

Not true, alcoholism is defined not by actually liking what you're drinking but doing it for the feeling. Exactly what you just described

I enjoy getting drunk alot but i dont enjoy drinking hard liquor its gross and i puck lots when i do it...doesnt mean i wont drink it tho. I love beer because it tastes amazing and it also intoxicates me, my favourite beer is probably some good old classic Budweiser

My personal favorite might be Pliny the Elder

But I'm into drinks of any kind. I think Bourbon is the best, it's much smoother than other whiskeys.

My favorite ignorant-tier beer is probably Blue Moon.

Mine as well! It's so balanced, shit's perfect. Try Dragon Saddle from Hoof Hearted

>Even in Austin you're still sort of in just the normal big breweries at your local store

Honestly wouldn't know I haven't purchased a beer of any kind in half a decade; one of my exs claimed Austin had great microwbrews, she was an alcoholic though so I'm not sure how discerning her taste was.

Love bourbon, and I think on a blue collar budget can't go wrong with Maker's Mark

I even go to taste some Pliny the Younger from a keg at my local on campus pub

When I first got to college I was 17. I struggled to finish a single can of beer because I thought it was gross. After joining a fraternity and playing many games of beer pong over 3 years, I've learned to love beer. I'm definitely more of a fan of light beers than the fancy craft stuff. Labbat Blue is my favorite followed by Coors light. I can appreciate some fancy stuff every once in a while though. Keystone light is like water to me now.

No harm I think in trying, flights aren't expensive and you can try up to 6 beers. Bartenders can even help with flavor profiles

Yes, I like to get drunk sometimes. I'm sure you like to get drunk as well.

But since I drink it fast to avoid the taste, that makes me more prone to alcoholism? Are you 12?

Cause you started with frat cheap beer you like cheap beer, as you get older that shit will actually run through you and it will just feel bad to drink. Then you'll try more expensive stuff and probably won't be able to go back to Coors

No, but I have a background in psychology and have read through DSM-IV and V. Though alcoholism traits change, drinking to get drunk is an inherent trait of alcoholism. I don't drink to get drunk, I have a nightcap with dinner or a weekly beer with a buddy

people don't drink beer to get drunk usually, people drink liquor to get drunk.

If I'm in the area someday I might try, but I'm pretty confident beer isn't my thing; I went to Oktoberfest in 2012 and didn't care for anything I sampled, and we had plenty of options.

I actually enjoy the taste of beer.
I drink Shiner. Texas beer, so I always like to buy things Texas. It's not high class but it's not like drinking a 40 (yeah I know, malt liqqa). It's a working man's beer.

Yeah, I said high class. Because there's pretentious faggots out there that believe in 'high class' beer.

To me
Medello is meh
Michelob is okay
Corona is eh
Dos Equis is fine if I'm in Mexico where it's literally like Bud Light here. Cheap as hell
Miller, no
Keystone, no
Budlight, no
I'll do Busch once in awhile if I'm feeling cheapy and want canned beer or I'm going somewhere.

Modelo*

I have drank quite a few IPAs and darker beers and I can appreciate the taste, I just don't like how heavy they are. I drink bourbon straight with my dad whenever I'm home and I love it, so I don't think it's a matter of an unrefined palate.

I genuinely love the taste of beer, but only the sort that I like. I prefer light, easy drinking, crisp pilsners. Lighter ales are also quite delicious. Darker, richer ales are ok for one once in a while. Same goes for sweeter stouts. Sours are alright. Pale ales are tolerable, IPAs are trash and so are the people who drink them. Shit swill lagers are so flavorless to be basically water that gets you drunk.

Wait a minute, do you work for one of these breweries?

Buffao Trace is comparable in price and far superior IMO

Lucky, I'm stuck in the Midwest. Luckily Michigan has some god tier breweries and some of the best Mead in the country

Pic, a bottle share friends had recently

Shut the fuck up. We both know you didn't read through any of the Diagnostic and statistical manuals of mental disorders.

Yeah just might not be what your palate wants

Ah another light beer lover. Hello friend.

Good beer is good. Stop hanging around people who drink ice house OP. Get yourself some St. Bernard's Abbey Ale and enjoy it

Fun fact: If you enjoy drinking Corona, you are enjoying the taste of actual piss.

Pliny is pisswater for hipsters

Plenty of people like the feeling of being drunk. Being drunk is fun at parties.

You are thinking about this too hard.

I get you, but there are some great light beers out there that will ruin Coors for you. Like Honey Hips, best blonde ale I've ever had

There are some beers meant to be enjoyed warm. Not everyone's thing but if you ever see one try em out

lol @ this post

Nope but I head to breweries a lot, like 6 around my apartment alone

Honestly if I were ever on the West Coast I'd head for wine country.

Heyo. My go to isn't anything fancy, just the old standby of Pilsner Urquell. Its just consistently better than most other pilsners and not hard to find. I've tasted some that rival it at the local beer bars though. I also had an unfiltered IPA that wasn't garbage and had an interesting color to it.

> Guinness is shit

> Kill yourself

This doesn't seem correct, but I have had a Corona and know he's not entirely wrong

I understand what you mean about Buffalo trace but I do just really like Makers a ton.

I love mead a ton, favorite meadery right now is B. Nektar

More people drink IPAs than light beer where I work. And even when people drink light beer, they drink good, locally made light beer instead of the trash the billionaire corporations put out

you a grape-picking mexican, we need more of you

I like Corona at the beach but only with lime. Without lime it is trash.

I am working on my Masters in Criminological theory focusing on Psychopathy in the law. I sorta have to

I'll have to try it

B. Nektar is fantastic! I almost met the owner the other day, but just missed him. Try Schramm's too. Dragons Are Real might be the best tasting thing I've ever had.

I like a very slim bracket of beers. Hate pale ales, hate Guinness. I think the term for the beers I like is amber ale. Bridgeport makes one called Kingpin, there's Scuttlebutt, etc.

I say that it is largely overhyped but I do genuinely enjoy it. Good alcohol content and flavor. If you don't like IPA's you don't. I don't even really like them, I'm a stout guy but I can admit Pliny is a favorite

Well I hope you realize that I'm not talking about Bud or Miller when I'm talking about a nice, crisp, refreshing Pilsner ffs. I still earnestly believe most people drinking IPAs are doing so deep deep down for any reason besides that they enjoy the taste. I used to drink it and even when my taste buds became acclimated to it I still never truly enjoyed it.

Glad I could entertain you

Nope, just stating my opinion. But I'm not the one who initially called you a potential alcoholic

Yeah I like some wines but my girlfriend is the wine drinker