Anakin does have a point

Anakin does have a point.
Wouldn't mercy killing the man who used to be your best friend be a kinder gesture than leaving him to stew in his own juices and be put in a robot suit without any anesthetic, dooming literally billions of people?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Darth-Vader/Issue-24?id=81554&readType=0#7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck is this

Yeah not gonna lie here being burned all the way by lava seems a lot better than being 85% burned by lava and then the 15% of you left over is strapped into a roboticized iron lung.

Also obi wan didn't have to throw him back into the lava he could have just chopped ani's head off with his magic space ninja sword

no leaving your best friend limbless, suffering and emotionally completely broken next to a pool of lava is clearly the patrician choice

then just casually stroll away

He didn't know Anakin would survive and be put into a robot suit. Seemed to me like he assumed Anakin was as good as dead and could bear to make the killing blow face to face.

Seconded, please explain what the fucks going on here

Yes.
I never understood that part.
Maybe obi-wan did want him to suffer for his sins and shit and expected him to die before palpatine would find him, but still seems like a real dick move.

Where's that from OP btw? Or what's the context?

Lmao those panels of him throwing Anakin are golden

*couldn't bear

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Darth-Vader/Issue-24?id=81554&readType=0#7

IIRC, in the ROTS novelization Obi-Wan assumed that Anakin was going to die from getting set on fire by the lava. He didn't anticipate Yoda failing to kill Sheev or Sheev's intervention in saving Anakin's life. Obi-Wan did acknowledge that it would have been merciful to go and kill Anakin but "he wasn't feeling particularly merciful at the moment". It's shows a good state of mind that Obi-Wan was in, as he had a brush with the dark side in his duel with Maul as well.
Additionally, how the fuck did Obi-Wan/Sheev not see each other while leaving/arriving on Mustafar, respectively? Obi-Wan flies off with the droids and Padme, then we see Sheev and some troopers walk up to Anakin and drag him off to their ship (presumably at the same landing pad Padme used).

Apparently it's part of a dream sequence from one of the new Darth Vader comics.
The context is that some guy called Cylo managed to shut down the suit, and Anakin is thinking back to moments of his past like pic related in order to get angry and use the dark side to control his body.

What did they mean by this?

>page 8

Even taking into account that Kenobi couldn't know that Anakin would survive, it would have made more sense to just kill him rather than die slowly and painfully.

FUCK

The prequels were made after the OT, user.

Also the "I am well accustomed to killing children" line. Jesus Christ...

that was the worst comic I have ever read

>this scene
>4u
>dubs
HOLY TRINITY OF MEMES

>For you

That lava hanging off Vader looks like melted cheese.

Also, pic related what the hell

TRY EXPECT ONE OF US IN THE LAVA, VADER

THE FIRE RISES

Rabbit toothed Luke lives on

> lava rising
> vader is a big guy
> 4 panels on the page
> for you

Its too much. There are so many layers

my sides

What the fuck is this shit? A whale fleet?

Doctor Aphra, I'm Emperor

>HURR DURR U WANT ME TO THROW YOU INTO TEH LAVA, WOULD DIS BE YOU WANT?

Christ, Obi-Wan, just stick the lightsaber in his brain like they did to you cousin fucking haggisnigger.

>I wanna fuck that doctor!

Name of this star wars comic.

Maybe, maybe a jedi, who is trained in feeling the flow of force and who believes in balance thought that after what he has done, killing kids and all, he deserves to suffer more to pay the debt, maybe a jedi who is trained to let go of his desires and to let the force control his actions actually spared him because the force, which still had plans for Vader was working through the said jedi subconsciously.
The same thing which Gandalf felt for Gollum when he said that the true reason he is still alive is because he still has some part to play.

>cylo

Its just meme after meme

Deus ex machina

The Death Star would have been completed regardless if Vader died right there or survived. Lets say he did die though and by some miracle the movies happened roughly the same way with Luke confronting the Emperor at the end. The Emperor would have just fried Luke to death and then wiped out the rebel fleet.

The original plan was for Obi-Wan to throw Vader into a toxic waste dump and then into a volcano. He stayed under lava until Sheev fished him out. Honestly Anakin got off lightly.

Was getting slain by Vader part of his plan?

LMAO

Don't forget the dubs!

It would've been good for the many people that died at his hands afterwards. But Anakin deserved no mercy, he became part of a genocide and killed kids.

Uh, I do believe they're called younglings, user.

>"it ain't Sheev" starts playing

>Lightsabre's a man before throwing him
>Lava rises
>Comes out with a mask that is very painful to pull off and he dies without

>The best thing about the Death Star isn't blowing up planets, but letting all the Jedi know that I did