I am a smart investor, dubs and I tell you my portofolio

I am a smart investor, dubs and I tell you my portofolio

(fyi, I dumped an extra 5k in about a month ago, so the percentage realistically would be about 20% growth)

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptocoincharts.info/markets/info
youtube.com/watch?v=LB5YkmjalDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Using Robinhood

Rollin

I'd like to get into this in the future. Headed to law school though now

+20% is the Nasdaq over the last 6 months. Congrats, you're incredibly average.

chek'd

fuckkk, okay spbp

Here's what I currently got
AMZN: 7 shares
FB: 10 shares
AAPL: 10 shares
GOOGL: 3 shares
MA: 25 shares
RDS.A: 25 shares

Wow didn't expect that to happen

Noice thanks

fart

And wtf is wrong with robinhood? I use jp morgan for my long term mutual fund and etf investments, but play around with robinhood since no fees.
Would paying fees to scottrade make me morre legit?

>smart investor
>uses robinhood

hows junior college economics buddy?

4 Tech, One Credit Card, 1 Fossil Fuel.

Interesting mix...

You're not diversified enough.

> Smart investor
> Didn't ride the AMD hype train

actually did, cashed out.
This isnt my full portfolio, more my experimental momey maker. I have 150k in a buncha lame mutual funds that avg 4% a year, Not sexy, but more secure.

I'm been using Robinhood small time as well since no fees. I have a Fidelity account if I want to do free ETFs or other stuff, but the cost for the research isn't worth it most of the time unless you're going long-term with big investments.

Ah nice mate. I sold almost everything before the 25% drop as well.

10 in cvs
When do I cash out

Got hit a lil hard with NVIDIA though. Thankfully didnt trust them enough to put too much in.

Shame. NVIDIA has been doing really well right now in my opinion. They're dominating the PC market and AMD isn't even competing beyond mid-tier. Not sure if they'll win over the car market for AI though.

What should you invest in right at this moment in time and the rollercoaster that is economy ?

Oh and if you fella want a good long term fund
Got a lot of my ira in ETV
not a ton of growth, but 9% dividends. Not bad at all.

Depends, how soon would you plan to cash out?
What will make the most in 1 year is different than what will make the most in 5 years.

>ETV
>Eaton Vance Corporation Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Buy-Write Opportunities Fund Common Shares of Beneficial Interest Quote & Summary Data
So what is it exactly?

Not OP, but baring major changes in investor sentiment, GOOG, FB, AMZN, are all as sure a bet as there is. AAPL is a little tougher, as there's more pressure on their growth due to have they play with China. But overall probably also a good choice.

tbh not entirely sure, just know my grandparent put a lot of my inheritance in it and it has always done very well.

I know it breaks the rules of smart investing to not know what it is, but *shrug* it's been profitable every year (even in the 08 recession)

I'm not so sure about GOOG lately. I feel like they're loosing their grip on their "good guy" identify and becoming more of just another soul-less corporation.

Sometimes if the dividends are high enough, it's worth the risk. They certainly help buffer against loses in value.

Check'd. Ya, sounds like a lot of my posted portfolio

And that's what I used to think about apple, didnt invest in them for the longest time. Then realized people are dumb and dont care as long as they get MUH GADGETS

I trade crypto currency it's a super wild market but the profits are out of this world.

One thing I traded over about 2 weeks went up about 3-4 times.

Turned 6k into 23k or so.

Just got into it hoping to stick at it for years and retire early.

It really boggles the mind some stuff can move 200% in 12 hours.
I dont think I could ever trade on regular shares (crypto markets are open 24/7), they seem so slow in comparison.

I disagree, but even if you're right, "soul-less corporations" make lots of money, which is sorta the thing that's good for raising market value.

But I mean. I look at GOOGs last quarter earnings. +24% year over year, and that's from the second largest market cap company in the world. What more could you want?

OP here. Havent really looked into cryptocurrencies (im sad because I know about bitcoin back when it was worth pennies, and wrote it off as a meme). Any you'd recommend, and any particular exchanges that are better than others?

Hmmm. I didn't know they were doing that well. Should probably get on the GOOG train then.

I used to trade it years ago, bought in @ 200 and sold at 1000, lol spent all my profits on drugs (the original reason I learnt all about cryptos funnily enough).

I too wish I could go back in time and get 1000s of coins at cents. But you cant let fomo (fear of missing out) take over you, it's just needlessly destructive.

There's always another bus leaving every 10 mins. Tons of great value every 24 hour cycle honestly. In terms of the macro picture it's still very much in the adoption phase. The public at large doesnt know much about it.

It depends, bigger exchanges = more liquidity obviously but all come with risks.
E.g. tons of people lost money when an exchange collapsed and funds got lost (mt gox).
I trade on poloniex (one of the largest) but recently it's been getting DDOS'd and went down for 1 hr today.
Some stuff dropped 10-20% cuz of the panic, gud knife catching though haha cuz it bounced when it came back online.

There's alot to choose from kraken, bitfinex, okcoin, bittrex, bitmex, coinspot e.g. (some give out good leverages between 1x to 100x times). It's fun turning ur 10k into 100k and getting even bigger profits.

cryptocoincharts.info/markets/info

>But I mean. I look at GOOGs last quarter earnings. +24% year over year, and that's from the second largest market cap company in the world. What more could you want?

A P/E ratio that isn't insane?

>cryptocoincharts.info/markets/info
bookmarked, mind if I ask which cryptos you like the most?

I got all my money in pets.com.

I mean. It's on par with MSFT, above AAPL, and WAY below FB, AMZN, etc.

It's below Exxon.

Big companies with big valuations have high P/Es any more.

Umm well there's the original bitcoin and then there is other more established (higher market cap) coins like Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Ethereum classic.
Then there is tons of 'shitcoins' some more speculative than others. I mean it's hard to say the use for some of these coins because they are completely virtual/mined.
Every coin has its own little story, there's a lot of complexity to alt coin trading.

It's a crazy world right now, for the first time the price of bitcoin is greater than the price of gold. Both financially and symbolically that's a big deal imo.

Not shitting on you, but bitcoin is higher than what quantity of gold? Cuz an oz gold is still higher.

Also other question to Sup Forumstards.
Inherited 16 oz old coins. ~30 lbs 90% silver dimes. What should I do with them? (sell, keep, sell some keep some).

Maybe I'm smoking / wrong but I got:
1700 USD = 1 BTC
1226 USD = 1 oz gold

I think it crossed over in march. Bitcoin been on a crazy bull run recently.

I'm a coin collector, so I love physical gold/silver, I almost bought a bunch to keep in my safe but decided to go into shares. Not a bad investment honestly, definitely been some tasty profits.

fuck, you're right, I read it as 1170 for some reason. Damn.

So is BTC you go to crypto or like others more?

I trade everything, where ever the profits take me.
Gotta diversify, the markets are strange. There is like odd relationships where if bitcoin falls hard, some people flood into alt coins for e.g.

It's very stressful because you have to sleep at some point and things can move so wildly in 6-24 hours.

your jensen alpha is about zero, well done smart investor

I invest in litecoin at the 30$ mark and some at the 27. It dipped to 23 but I have no more instant to buy on coinbase and I literally just started trading on coinbase because of litecoin surge. I have no idea what I am doing but I have a few thousand I can play with so I don't mind, anyone got any tips. Also I want to get back into investing , but only have about 1000 to invest into stocks at any moment. Only want to hold for about a 2 years any advice?

Don't fool yourself, it is not diversified at all

Have to give you credit though, its not possible to diversify with such a small amount

I mean I can post my larger portfolio. It's much more diversified but doesnt do as well either.

What's your Sharpe ratio? Realized and unrealized gains? General portfolio turnover?

You can do it with 15 holdings if you limit your inter-portfolio correlation

I dont know these things.
I'm a nerd who majored in mathematical economics and minored in cs. I write little programs to predict average growth of stocks and funds.
May be a dumb plan typically, but so far it's been profitable for me.

I manage a fund. Anyways, don't sell apple any time soon.

where is your jensen alpha?

where is your sortino ratio? and your IR? what is your drawdown?

Did I stutter?
I'm trying to teach myself that kinda stuff, but so far my plan has just been write a program to observe average growth vs average volatility and place a stock in on of 5 categories (very poor, poor, neutral, good, very good). So far the only stock that I've run my program on for which it has been wrong is intel.

What's your treynor ratio?

If you had invested it all in apple you would have made 40% over the S&P 500

What are you in right now? Everything is crashing like crazy

You're right. If my dad had invested in apple back in the late 80s we'd be bazillionaires. You cant observe investments retroactively.

you have the wrong approach, you must study fundamentals before

Build a DCF

Better yet an LBO model.

My recommendations:
CGNX (my 12m intrinsic value was $90, nailed it, still think it could go to 95)
UNH
LMT

How long do you hold a company for on average?

I reevaluate every 2 mo.

If by reevaluate you mean sell then your returns are going to get eaten by capital gains tax.

Sell what is doing poorly, keep what is doing well, buy things I've seen to do well.
Taxes havent been to bad.

What are your criteria for poor vs. good performance?

youtube.com/watch?v=LB5YkmjalDg

are you saying you axe a man to death on top of a plastic cover?