8 KB JPG

8 KB JPG
So does anybody really know why the Xbox 360 laser lens/optical disc drive stop working all of a sudden?

I bought mine in 2010 and decided to play some classics like fallout 3 and NV recently, but it shows the unrecognized disc error or the game freezes at times.

I got it fixed from an unofficial place and they say they've changed the lens, but it still gets the error sometimes.

Also, some games seem to work just fine, but some don't work at all. And this is a common problem with the xbox 360. So does anybody know what's happening?

Get a playstation faggot

I'll tell you what to do because you got trip dubs

I have a PS4 but those stupid fucks over at Sony won't allow backward compatibility for fallout 3 and NV for an unknown reason

You take it apart, and remove the cover to the optical drive. the laser housing will have two things that look like small phillips compatible screws, but slightly odd. you need to turn them between 1/4 and 1/2 rotation in the counter clockwise direction I believe. put the disc cover back on so the magnet thing on top will stabilize the cd when you turn it on. see if that fixes it. if not then rotate them in the opposite direction. You might have to do this once every year or so to re-calibrate it since the vibration will reset them

one last thing, if you leave the same disc in the xbox and never remove it then it seems to never need the re-calibration.
same goes for PS faggots, their hardware is just a little different and less prone to this happening over time with the exception of dropping while it's hot... no pun intended

360 was a poorly made console because Microsoft wanted to rush it out. I'm willing to bet even the later models have issues due to the very hardware itself being faulty.

PS3 may have been a bitch to program for but at least my Slim still works fine to this day. From what I understand PS3's in general were a lot better built.

Thanks for the suggestions. I might try those out later, but I got a "new" lens as i mentioned in the post. The guy at the shop said he had replaced the old one and it should work fine now. So basically some games work just fine, some work for a bit (like 30-60 mins) then freeze or it shows unrecognized disc error, and some don't start at all (shows unrecognized disc every time).

I should also mention that my Xbox is flashed.

True. My friend has a PS3 and it still works smooth as heck

Are they installed to the HDD? Your HDD might be going out especially if you used it a bunch and it being from 2010

Bullshit! The fucking PS3 phats either ylod or had shitty Blu-ray drives cuz sony was in a rush to get more on the market after release especially the 07 backwards compatible models

No, I use burned games. I get the burned discs from a place that helps with other piracy stuff.

Can a bad HDD cause games to freeze and the "unrecognized disc" error anyway?

This. If you haven't installed on the HDD then do it when the game works next.
So your xbox is modded? I don't recall being able to play burned games without mods

Is it safe to install a pirated/burned game disc?

I think it's modded. I didn't do any of it myself. Got it done from someplace as well since I was 12 when I bought it in 2010

dude, you bought a fucking turd. go to gamestop and see if they still have 360s. probably get one for like 50 bucks. mod it yourself. It's not hard, I did that shit when I was 12 and ruined peoples days on Halo 2.

also, idk if it's safe. I never used burned games, only played halo 2. burned games usually have glitches anyways from what I've heard. just get the OG disc, or pirate it and burn it yourself.

Kek I kinda knew that. The console was always sorta messed up. I would go buy a new one but I gotta make sure if it's the laser lens that fucked up or the mods/hacks I got installed.

Yeah they can and you shouldn't have an issue installing burned disks to the HDD and also it may not just be the lens it could also be the motor of the drive or maybe dude didn't do dick to it and maybe half ass cleaned it?? Usually you only replace the lens if it's scratched up it could actually be the Lazer diode

> or maybe dude didn't do dick to it and maybe half ass cleaned it
This is actually what I'm afraid of the most. He charged me 15$ and was shady. I just dropped the console at his place for a couple of hours and picked it up later. So I'm not sure what he actually did.

You smoke? While gaming/smoke in house? That's normally the number one cause of a lens being dirty... Well that and one time I cleaned out a console and it had hair wrapped around the disk drive spendel

Nope. And I used to clean my Xbox with a cloth every week till a couple years back. And I also keep it covered with a clean cloth all the time. It's kinda ironic it got fucked up anyway lkek

Get PC's you cucks

Consoles have exclusives.

Pc are for faggots to game on fuck you faggot kys

I wanna once I finish my college and get a job. It would be great to be able to play any game you want from any era and any console on a single device.

So do PC's but their not casual tier games like most console exclusives

It's actually recommended to install burned games for the Xbox 360. Mine is flashed, and its useful for checking that the game is properly burned - it will fail to install to 100% if it is improperly burned.

Burned games can thrash the disc reading laser a lot more than genuine discs in some cases. If installed they won't do this.

I've got over 15 pirated games installed to my Xbox 360 HDD and it's fine.

Oh fuck off faggot. Consoles have tons of great exclusives to play. Emulators also aren't perfect.

Okay thanks for this. I'll try installing one right now