Calling all game and app developers. I wanna start making apps, is it easy to get them into the Play store...

Calling all game and app developers. I wanna start making apps, is it easy to get them into the Play store. And how much money can I make?

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's not a get rich quick scheme you fucking idiot

Why not?

I work a normal job that pays 60K a year. I just want something to do in my free time and make a little extra cash bro

Same fag

Yea its me, soo fucking what. Why are yall soo mean, can someone whos not a troll please answer my question of shut the fuck up

Few apps actually make any decent cash.
Think of how many apps you have on your phone from indie devs vs how much there are available.

Unless you make A LOT of different cheap useful apps, it isn't really worthwhile.

App development should be done for fun or because you work for a company so your guaranteed to gain something from it.

Sack of shit faggot

But what if I make something actually good and people love it and it hits a million downloads. How much money are we talking?

If I recall correctly, Apple splits 70/30 [70% for dev]

So if a 99 cent app gets 3 million downloads you'll get $2,079,000
No idea what that would be after taxes though.

But good luck getting 'a hit'. Might as well get a lottery ticket.

don't know what the split is for Play store but it's probably roughly the same.

Ok but what if I just have Ads thay you watch to earn more ingame coins or something and my game is free. How much money would a million downloads get me if people love the game?

People have teams of workers to make even the shittiest apps. Familiarise yourself with Unity3D and make a mobile game.

Oh you said "a million" (I read 'millions')

1 million sales of 99 cent app with 70/30 split would be $693,000

No idea how ads are different on phones from desktop.

Yes it is.

Do you think Zynga had a 5 year plan?

>creators of farmville
Yes, they had a plan. Just like King (Candy Crush) they knew exactly the stupidity they where tapping into and exploited the shit out of it.

So when I out the game on google play store, should I make a reddit AMA to promote it?

>Zynga, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
>expand a little bit and increase our portfUUUUUUUUCK

Are Zynga Polish? It's a backwards name.

No one will give a fuck, it's so easy to make an app/game, and the market is so saturated with shit. If it's good, it will pull through.

There is no '1 secret magic golden key' to success.
People always think this for some reason, it's a thought-virus.

>
>No one will give a fuck, it's so easy to make an app/game, and the market is so saturated with shit. If it's good, it will pull through.
Ya know, your right. If its really good, it will blow up. But then how do shit games like flappy bird blow up

You are just going to make a loss. Every fucking kid on the block can code. It's all about luck and skill.

>make japanese style gacha game
>instantly make millions

This used to drive me fucking crazy when a company would say "we want to create the 'next' Angry Birds!" Oh do you?! SOMEONE BEAT YOU TO IT YOU IMAGINATION WASTELAND

>easy to play, timing is all you have
>instant restart/replay
>mario pipes for nostalgia
>highscore as goal [always works because competition]
>PEWDIEPIE PROMOTING IT TO KIDS
>post score to twitter build in

probably more, again: collective of things happening at once = high PROBABILITY for success [no guarantee still]

To be honest, I have a dope money clicker game in mind thats different from the rest. Its gonna be a hit

They just hit the market at the right time. Variation of that game was on arcade flash sites nearly 20 years ago.

Modern phones/tablets now have enough power to run a visually good game, mix in easy to use controls and a simple but addictive activity, and that's you're foot in the door.

I developed a small topdown view game called Shower Daddy, where you're in the prison showers and have to evade ever more spawning naked rapists. Just had to get the longest time without being sexually assaulted, obstacles like soap on the floor, and cigarette power ups.

Just mod this: orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

Unlockables are a must too.

I got my own interpretation of that game that will make it even better. Ive played that 1 for hours tho, great time killer

Lol did they allow that in the app store?

Ill be making a game soon, I guess I will see whats trending at the time and what people are into.

My uni lecturers condemned it, apart from the one who recognised how difficult AI is to program, even basic shit.

I also made a Time Crisis style horde shooter called Crack Den Defender. You shot waves of armed response charging your yard, cover system, power ups, unique weapon characteristics, and a high score table. Never got to finish that, bit off more than I could chew.

It depends on lots of things but mainly :
> who are your advertisers
> who is your audience (easy to target specific individuals or not, niche or not)
> what method of advertising (ppc, ppv, affiliation etc...)
> What is the competitive landscape (how many different people are doing the same thing as you. What is the power balance between you and the advertisers basically
> your negotiation skills.

Not great imo, looks like a spam. You can post it in threads/forums about applications. You can do sponsorship/affiliation with youtube channels or bloggers. You can also contact large FB pages with your target audience and pay for an add placement. There are plenty of ways to get your game out there but you need a budget.