Sup Sup Forums

sup Sup Forums,
my boss sent me home and said I can get back to work when I have solved this math exercise here. I have no idea. Can you help me?

Horse is 10
Horseshoe is 4 (so 1 of them is 2)
Boots are 2 (so 1 boot is 1)
1 + 10 x 2 = 21

This
I don't get how so many people fail, would ban them all

It's the meaning of life.

48 you retards

its 22.

The answer is 16

exactly

42 you dumb fcks

Wait. Is it 42.

10 + 10 + 10 = 30
10 + 4 + 4 = 18
4 - 2 = 2
2 + 10 x 4 = 42

No.
This guy has it.

Goddamnit... I didn't see the x. Disregard that I suck cocks

They trollin ma niBBa

sorry i missed the number of items, its 21

42, the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything.

The horse doesn't have to be 10

Wait: are the horses WEARING horseshoes as well?

1 shoe not 2 in the last one maggot

Yep - this is it - 21 - assuming each horseshoe is worth the same and each cowboy BOOT is worth the same...life is full of assumptions

yup it's 41

I always love lurking threads like this. A bunch of acne faggots failing at kindergarten math

show us ur dick sexy boy

then it's unknow
nowehere is said what is 1 shoe

No fucktard - look at the signs in the last one and the number of objects

1 + 10 x 2 = 41

slidding

You could make the same argument for one horse and one horseshoe too. Assumptions - assumptions everywhere!!!

Here's a question - which part of an equation do you execute first - addition or multiplication?

Motherfuckers the horses are wearing shoes too

Unsolvable.
There is a value given to the pair of horse shoes and pair of boots, but none given for a single horse shoe or single boot.
There are no assumptions in true math problems.
So this problem is incomplete.
You're welcome.

Air Jordans most likely!

you can't
3 horses=30 /3
1 horse have to be 10
18-10=8 both horseshoes are the same so they have to be 4 each
horseshoe-boots= 2
4-boots=2
boots=2
1 boot can be anything, others can't

horse - x
horseshoe - y
boot - z

3x = 30
=> x = 10

x + 2y = 18
=> 10 + 2y = 18
=> 2y = 8
=> y = 4

y - z = 2
=> 4 - z = 2
=> 4 - 2 = z
=> z = 2

so

z + xy =>
2 + 10 x 4 =>
2 + 40 =>

horse = 10
horseshoe = 2
boot = 1

1 + 10*2 = 21

The common mistake ppl make is not realizing that there are only one boot and one horse shoe on the bottom.

Thanks Maui.
Your analysis is incomplete - arguably no value is given for one horse either. Let's figure out other possible answers based on different assumptions.

Close - except there is ONE horseshoe and ONE boot at the end.
THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOOOOOT!

there's only one boot and one horse shoe.
it's 0.5z + x*0,5y.

48, 1 horse is 10
one horseshoe(?) is 4
a pair of boots is 2
doesn't take a genius to solve this..

Agreed.

What kind of bollocksology is this? If 3 of the same thing add to 30 then 1 of it is 10.

how the fuck is the horse anything but 10 if horse x 3 = 30?

Yeah, and I worked out the value of 1 horseshoe and 1 boot.

"There are no assumptions in true math problems" may be the stupidest thing I read today. But I don't agree with "3 of the SAME thing add to 30 then 1 of it is 10" - we are making an assumption that they are the same. What if one horse is 9, one is 11, and one is 10 - ERK!

Sorry, you're right I didn't spot that.

horse=10
2*horseshoe=4
horseshoe=2
2*boot=2
boot=1

10+10+10=30
10+(2+2)+(2+2)=18
(2+2)-(1+1)=2

boot+horse*horseshoe=11
1+10*2=21

answer is 21

horse = 10
pair of horse shoes = 4
pair of boots = 2
horse shoe = 2
boot = 1
1 + 10 x 2
PEMDAS makes us multiply first
20 + 1

I didn't notice it at first either - tricksy hobbitses!!
These picture/word problems usually have two degrees of fuckery to trip folks up.

WOOHOOO - you got's it!!

The answer is 21. I didn't realize the boot and horseshoe in the final line were halved from the lines above because I'm an unobservant simpleton.

Very nice - I like your annotation of PEMDAS - more like put my paws on dat ass!!!

Interesting, interesting, how about's no - I'm thinking you didn't notice the singular BOOT at the end.

sure daddy

IT'S A DATE - NOW PULL DOWN YOUR PANTS!!! - Trevor

You're lookin into it a bit too much dude. It's a picture problem, horse means horse.

16. Horse =10 horse shoe =4 boot = 2

Although I agree with this answer - I still say we're making HYUUUGE assumptions about the value of one based on the value of many. The horses could be 8, 8, and 14 - the boots could be .5 and 1.5 - and the horsesnots could be 3 and 1. In this shitty pixelated picture are the 3 horses ACTUALLY identical? Doubtful - Senor JPEG compression ensured that!

Your two errors are not looking at the signs (addition and multiplication in the last equation) and the number of boots and horseshoes (singular in the last equation).

In a math problem x always equals x, so why is it not safe to assume that horse equals horse. Variables are for notation.

I've been accused of that before. Like by my second grade teacher when her pants ripped and her snatch was showing. "Trevor, you're looking into it a bit too much dude!" WOW, that really takes me back!

You would have a name like Trevor.

This

You should have been aborted.

Its 41 you dickheads

Lrn2pemdas

Great point. At some point you have to make an assumption. And generally in shitty math problems yes, x equals x - otherwise the whole thing falls apart quickly. When I take a step on a sidewalk I've never been on before I assume that it will be made of concrete and be hard and support my weight. Good assumptions and probably for the rest of my shitty life true - but...you never know. Ask one of the fuckers that fell into a sinkhole!!! HAHAHA!

The horseshoes are fucking different.
Sage.

Or not. Try again - your reply is hazy and full of stupid.

These are correct. everyone else ignored order of operations

just curious where do you work where your boss makes you go home and can't come back to work until you've solved and a fuckin puzzle. Do they have that little to do they don't need you at work but you can come back if you solve this puzzle someone found on the internet

TREVOR!!!!! God given, and god taken.

tell him you have better things to do than partake in silly childish puzzles.

In the last line there's a single horseshoe and a single boot so you have to half the number you worked out in the above lines which gives 21 you utter defective.

And you have ignored the number of objects in the final equation - TRY AGAIN!

See I didn't notice it at first either which is why I got 42 here

3x = 30
x = 10
one horse is worth 10

10 + 4y = 18
y = 2
one horse shoe is worth 2

2*2 - 2z = 2
2 - z = 1
z = 1
one boot is worth 1

1 + 10 * 2 = 21

I wouldn't want to work for your boss, this test is stupid.

Horse = 10
>10+10+10=30
Horseshoes individually equal 2
>10+4+4=18
Single shoes are worth 1
>4-1-1=2
So we end with 1+10*2

PEMDAS that bitch so we multiply to get
>1+20

which gives us
>21

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH. Now we're getting somewhere. If the horseshoes are different - then they don't necessarily equal the same. Could be 3 and 1 or .5 and 2.5 or 3.75 and .25 - who knows!!! What do the values mean anyway - weight, height, cost, worth? WHERE AM I!!!

Ahh, the blind helping the blind - brings a tear to my EYE!!!

point made. the images are subtly changed in the final line. is this...meant to be an optical illusion? I don't get what this is testing for other than persistence.

He's self employed.

WOOT, WOOT - hooray!

Hey, out of curiosity...

How long did it take you guys to find the answer (21)? I'm asking because I've read that the speed is a big factor in iq tests.

Be honest please.

Group think, analytical cognition, and ability to take a horsecock up your arse to your throat!!!

It's because the usual trick is the order of operations so this tried to add in another trick by subtly changing the final line because most people aren't going to pay attention to the difference between one boot and a pair.