Sup Forums, come into my life as a mailman

Sup Forums, come into my life as a mailman.

>I love dogs
>Territorial cancerous fucks

>Delivering mail at the outskirts of my town, a lot of farms, Dutch style if you can imagine
>All mailboxes on personal terrirotory instead of near the road, lazy fucks
>Come at the first house
>Small dog comes running through tall grass
>The Rat grabs me by the leg and is in uncontrolable rage
>Start a shouting battle with the rat and assert dominance
>Runs away
>Yeah fuck you, know your place
>Owner pissed
>Explain everything calmly, still pissed because I'm not wearing mailman clothing
>Throw mail through the air, pick it up like the filth you are

>Start seeing dogs everywhere
>They have multiplied in numbers with the nice weather, shit
>Have really uncomfortable mailround, most of the people have good fences but you'll never know if the fuckers will jump over

>Come at the next problematic house, old lady lives there so her dog is everything she has to protect herself from burglars
>Fierce dog, damn, gets far beyond his territory
>Speedracer incomming
>Jumps at me
>Fall off my bike
>This is now or never, I'll fight to death
>Punch him on the nose, kick him in his head, knocked him out
>Deliver mail satisfied
Try to finish round, pumped with adrenaline but have traumafever also
>All dogs smell this
>All dogs hate me now
>German shepherd follows me for a good kilometer
>Fuck this
>Call boss
>I quit

All these cartoons and I wouldn't listen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nlr8SpLusTM
wiringpi.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck dogs
my house robot will ask for ure id or bites ure arse - no more irresponsible "protection"-shits

>Image Search
>Two results
>Neither relevant

jesus christ

I actually believe you. That sounds awful :/ where do you live?

The Netherlands, hoped to get a job on the side because I fuckedup in ?college? 'Higher education', HBO, and want some extra money for my stock trading.
But this, this isn't worth it. Not planning on dying at age 19

Hahahaha, I'm love to program c++ in my spare time and have a project for such a robot.
Probably too instable to even protect itself for a bird, but if I can make it work for me and do easy jobs like following gps and delivering mail..
ez money?

The grammar errors give me a headache, excusemoi, I'm still pumped with adrenaline

this is laughable. it took Google years of research and desgin to build a self-drive car. you'd have to have video, accelerometers, laser distance sensing, fucking radar probably. not to mention a hardware design robust enough to travel off-road with basically zero chance of failure and somehow locate and open mailboxes.

there's just no way.

magic

Google builds a commercial product, it has strict safety regulations. I can get away with using my phone as all those sensors, and I use 2 raspberries with camera's for depth perception.
If you create a roadmap of where all the houses are, and recognize the black road, which is the only black & flat thing in the environment, then making it drive a certain route is easy.
The 'robot' would be an old offroad RC car for me to drive at the side of the road, and not on the road.
Drive it through the entire route 1 time, and let it autodrive the route.
It's a much easier way to get away with the same principle, but without the ability to drive new and unexpected conditions on the road

It's obvious you don't program due to your mention of C++. Nobody uses any C language for robotics.

C++ = best language for hardware control & hardware optimization.
A low level language directly translated into assembly to waste no resources and have low level acces to everything in the system.
Tell me all about it faggot

I don't see how using an RC car would protect from dogs, though. Small, noisy moving object, must be prey.

Unless you can mount a dog whistle on it maybe.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nlr8SpLusTM

Je ne comprends pas
Mein Deutch ist nicht so gut
Heil Hitler

I thought about that too, maybe reinforce it with plating so they don't have the grip to pull at it and make it heavy enough

>>Rust is more optimized.
>>Any robot that takes input from sensors should use a high level OOP, not C++.
>>C++ doesn't even have a library for motor controllers
>>No matter what language you use, you can optimize it to assembly level on a controller board.
>>did you even touch an arduino in college?
>>stop pretending you're more than a script kiddie.

>Arduino
>16mhz processor
>Robot
No.
Like I said, I use a raspberry, with a simple IO library you have the same functionality as an arduino.
>No library for motor controllers
Boy I don't know what you're studying, but you should question your teachers man, you've learned nothing.
With c++ you can do EVERYTHING you can do with EVERY other language and with better performance.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that there is a c++ library for everything.

wiringpi.com/
Look through it for yourself, the sensory input is all just numbers. It's not like another language is going to make an algorithm less complex, hell no, they will fuck up all garbage collection and data flow with the milions of bytes processed per frame.
You need full control over the data handling to ensure you can get the very max processing in frames per second so reaction times are minimal.
The hardest part is not controlling the electronics and hardware, the hardest part is processing the censory input.
This is all mathematics, and if there's one thing c++ is good in, it's exactly that.

Rasperri requires a live operating system. It's contradictory to be concerned about the efficiency of code and use a pi to run your program. Arduino's condense everything to assembly level because they are controller boards, not full computers like the pi. Pi's also use much more electricity.

You really think you're about to design a driver for a peripheral in C++? You're nuts. That's a massive undertaking when you could just use a java utility.

For the record, not studying. I work for honeywell. Got my degree 3 years ago.

"very max processing"
"frames per second"
Oooooh you're a child. I feel silly for even dignifying a response. My mistake. I see I've been trolled.

I like having the operating system, I need highspeed data transfer between 2 raspberries for double camera and processing loops.
I can connect my phone to them and have it do even more work than the 2 combined with the 2.2ghz octacore I have in my phone.
Also to have 4g internet everywhere to stay in touch with the robot, and to have the 20MP camera on my phone for extra precision.
Also to get enough performance to handle an intense job like processing the 5MP images, which boils down to 20megabytes of data.
Of course with optimization I don't have to scane the entire image, but

It uses camera's idiot, of course that goes in frames per second.
You literally process A FRAME

*but it's still a lot of data you have to go through.
I'm still learning opengl, and will try to use shaderlanguage to get the gpu working on it too. But opengl is damn hard so that will take a while.

Spiritlane.blogspot.my/2012/09/the-puppy-ace-rides-home-for-last-time.html
Nice story sad yours fake

Letting dogs free without any kind of restraint or an adeguate fence is asking for a future lawsuit from a person bitten by your dog.