"Money doesn't buy happiness"

Discuss this phrase/myth.

This is a load of garbage made up by people on the left, isn't it? People who rely on welfare/ minimum wage/shitty 9-5 jobs use this corny phrase to cope with the fact they'll never have a comfortable amount of money. It's used out of envy whenever they see or hear about someone extremely wealthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_RoLdkgjKhs
youtube.com/watch?v=N1n5XqwUkYw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Money dont makes you happy, but beeing unhappy and rich is way better then beeing unhappy and poor

This

t. Marilyn Monroe

Just let people have their myth, else depressed people working dead-end minimal wage job will start killing themselves left and right.

The marginal utility value of money is logarithmic.

It's monotonically rising, but not linear.

youtu.be/_RoLdkgjKhs

Its pushed so you accept communism (which isnt the point of the phrase, but thats why its popularized now)

nice trips
maybe you arent a faggot after all
what its trying to say is that unless you are full-on ASPD you will need more than material things to be truly happy, many of which simply cannot be honestly bought they have to be earned by being a swell fella

It means people are unhappy because of other reasons, not money, yet they think being rich would solve all their problems.

Oh man... You see. My country is very poor, but we are very family oriented, and we enjoy sharing with our neighbors.

I think that, in a individualistic society like cucknada, money buys happiness.

Money cannot buy happiness, only a better quality of misery.

But it's pretty retarded teebeeaych. If you're depressed because you have unresolved health problems and you can't afford insurance, getting handed a million dollars would certainly make you happier. You can now afford to go to the doctor and receive treatment, making your daily life much more bearable.

Money doesn't buy happiness. However, it can rid you of a lot of things that impede happiness, and most people are pretty happy when nothing is bothering them.

This.

Young and rich can make you happy, but all the older multi-millionaires I've met aren't happy at all. They've spent their entire life loving their business more than they love their children. And they never, ever consider retiring because by the time their kids are grown and married, retirement is basically "sit at home and wait for death"

I once thought the same thing.

Then I got a not-shit job and found out how wrong I was.

it works for some people and it doesnt work for others.

/thread

when you have it, money means nothing, when you don't have it, it means everything.

I have a monthly excess of about $1500, still hate myself and my life.

All the excessively wealthy unhappy people should give their extra money to me. Unless that would make them unhappy...

It's a stupid strawman.
Just listen to this one.
>we all bleed red
It's a true statement. We do bleed red. So what? No one said niggers bleed purple.

Same with ''money doesn't buy happiness''. Who said money buys happiness? Who said it? Money is simply needed to buy things that we want. The more money you have the more options you have.

Don't be fooled by these phrases. They are strawmen. Just because something sounds good and everyone repeats it doesn't make it any less of a strawman.
Be on a lookout for these. Any agenda can be forced with this method.

Unhappy wealthy people tend to suicide more often.

I'm worth a lot. I hate every day of my fucking life. I have nice things, but my family likes me no more than I like them. When my father died, my two sisters, my brother, my mom, an uncle, & myself were at war for over two years before we agreed on the divy. My "friends" are as superficial as the style of the day, women will only ever love my money.

I have some rental properties in a neighboring state, along with a house & car in an average suburban neighborhood that I go to from time to time.

You think I can pull any women when I'm there? Fuck, no.
You think anybody gives two shits what I have to say when I'm not here? Nope...

I can't trust that anyone who knows the real me really likes me or is just buttering me up, & those in our rings that are richer are in the hierarchy; they will never be true, either. Every single person is there for a reason...we can help them, they can help us.

I can literally have or do whatever I want, & I'm miserable.

Money buys complacency, until money and aspiration buy happiness.

Money might not buy happiness, but having it prevents a hell of a lot of unhappiness.

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it"

-a Jew

Got any data to back that up? Of course you don't. You're only assuming shit because when rich people kill themselves it's reported on the news.
For every Robin Williams who kills himself there are loads of nobodies who off themselves.

dem feels
maybe this will help ya cheer up man

youtube.com/watch?v=N1n5XqwUkYw

>This is a load of garbage made up by people on the left, isn't it?
Rich people on the left, who do not want to share.
But it's true though.
Money doesn't buy happiness.
Money is happiness.

Yeah because retiring suddenly stops your from doing anything nice or fun.

I think its to stop gold diggers and men who work all day saying yes you havr money now but your mental state/soul could be broken.

she also said "I texted that bitch a storm don't let any gurl take yo man"
words of wisdom she was such an inspiration

Money totally increases your opportunities for happiness. It doesn't make you happy all by itself though. There are plenty of miserable ruch people. There are more miserable poor people by a long shot though.

This is just a result of how they got there. They are obsessed with growth so they get rich from it. However that ends up being the only thing they enjoy, and are only happy when they get richer. Hence why rich constantly want more. It's not about having the stuff and doing things with the stuff, but about getting more stuff for the sake of growth. They are unhappy because there is no more growth and they don't care about doing fun stuff.

Get a hobby. Buy figmas or Lego sets or collect beanie babies or something. It gives you something to strive for and a sense of achievement with each step, while never actually having a clear end, so you avoid the whole 'looming disaster' thing.

>women will only ever love my money
Dude get over it that's all women want. Don't fall for that bullshit "she likes me for me" or whatever women want a guy with money cause that's what women desire most. If you were the same dude but with no money you'd be even worse off with women don't act like having money is in any way a bad thing.

It doesn't, just look at Notch of minecraft.

You certainly have more opportunity for happiness with a lot of money, but if you don't know how to utilize said money in search of happiness then you're going to be like notch, alienated from everything.

This. That's just women in general. They don't know from loyalty they're just after a provider and leader. Putting your happiness on what they do us a setup for failure.

The woman you're imagining is what they simulate to get you on side, that's all.

Money buys happiness only if you are mature enough to handle it. Otherwise it finances and accelerates self-destructive behavior.

You can buy what makes you happy if you're rich, but point is your hunger for hapiness will grow until nothing that money can buy will satisfy it, poorfags are happy for every beer, it's coping mechanism for them.