If most of the music you've listened to over the last 365 days was released in the last 3-5 years your interest in...

If most of the music you've listened to over the last 365 days was released in the last 3-5 years your interest in music is insincere and predicated on having something to contribute to a social dialogue which has been reduced to commoditized mantras and memes and you should not be on this board.

I don't care about Grimes. I don't care about Kendrick Lamar. I don't care about any of these manufactured industry plants. And before you say it, I don't think I was "born in the wrong generation," either. I love this generation, not for its people, but for its technology and how it's empowered me to explore music and listen to eccentric and odd gems the world over with ineffable vigor, most of which I expect none of you have ever listened to because you're too occupied with the latest Lil Peep release because some Pitchfork think piece told you he's a necessary response to toxic masculinity and misogyny in rap.

Lastly, I don't hate you people. I wish you'd return to facebook or whatever tumblr-offshoot you came from.

That's all.

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/commoditize
youtube.com/watch?v=vqa9xx2vBQc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what have you been listening to recently?

dezaki sucks

If you trip your opinion is worthless

I didn't make this thread to recommend music.

wow rude
also, we don't like pitchfork too- perhaps you confuse this place for r/music?

Things hardly ever end up working out exactly the way we plan them to desu.

Answer the question, or face the consequences.

>a social dialogue which has been reduced to commoditized mantras
Because all music made/released 5.01 years ago is so totally not any of this...

>commoditized

This thread isn't aimed at everyone. I think I stated that quite clearly.

No. I recommend music on my own terms.

That's not my argument.

That's not an argument.

is this serious?

If this was a farce, do you really think I'd admit to it so early on?

I'm not sure what you meant to achieve with that question.

ridiculous

Considering the OP is the sort of person who thinks 'comoditized' is a word... I wouldn't count on it.

Bump Unty is the best poster on this forum

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/commoditize

Not sure what arbitrary criterion you're using to determine it isn't a word, but it doesn't really matter. The "argument," if it can even be called such a thing, is irrelevant to any aspect of the argument and only serves to obscure the fact that you've nothing relevant to say.

You're dismissed.

You're also dismissed.

I won't be patronized and made a mockery in my own thread without warrant.

*irrelevant to any aspect of my argument

>Not sure what arbitrary criterion
The word you clearly meant to use is 'commodified' you derp. The irony is that - if you weren't so assblasted with hipster hate over Grimes' recent successes, you might've actually known this since the term features prominently in one of her most recent songs:
>'Cause I get carried away
>Commodifying all the pain
youtube.com/watch?v=vqa9xx2vBQc

do you actually make music? if you hate modern music so much why don't you make some of your own that conforms to your artistic standards?

>I won't be patronized and made a mockery in my own thread without warrant.
Too late, mate.

Merriam-Webster considers 'commoditize' a real word, you've yet to establish what arbitrary criterion you're using, and this is still irrelevant to the principal argument.

Don't reply to me from now on unless you've something to say.

I completely agree.
Back to tumblr with your frogposting and newfaggotry Sup Forums.

>Merriam-Webster
...links to the page for 'commodified' in the page for 'commoditized' and NOT the other way 'round. Face it - you screwed up.