Are they a meme or worth checking?

I just heard "one" on the radio and it was actually pretty good and got me thinking if I should check them out.

Like "one" was really good... like real good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V6Dfo4zDduI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AJFA and Kill em all are the only albums worth listening to

This is my favorite Metallica album, so I would definitely suggest you check it out. However, most people seem to dislike it, so you many wish to solicit other opinions.

first five albums are good

ride the lightning

>not Ride the Lightning
>not Master of Puppets

wew lad

how to spot a contrarian

overrated desu

Yes, it is. ...And Justice For All is great. I'm not even a metal fan, but I like Metallica.

only bad album they have is st. anger ( haven't head the new one but i here it's decent), and that's because almost every song goes too long and so does the whole album. first 5 and death magnetic (try to find the guitar hero version) are dank. load and reload are decent with some standout tracks. ride is probably their best.

>first four albums are good
FTFY

The first 4 albums are where it's at. You could tell this band was hungry and cared very deeply about what they did. One of the last bands to achieve fame by simple word of mouth. The most disappointing thing about metallica is they were poised to be on the level of zeppelin or the stones, then pissed away their credibility foe some radio play. Watch their Seattle 1989 concert and you will see why they were the best band in the world at that time. Inb4 some obscure new wave butt fag shit

Metallica are actually really fucking good despite what nu-male memers would tell you.

yes metallica is a top-tier metal band imo, listen to all their shit

Their first four albums are amazing. They only get shit on because they're so successful and people usually get into them very young.

shut the fuck up

saint anger is getting better with age though desu...

Metallica at one point in time was the biggest band on Earth and it was well deserved. The first five albums are some full of some of the best metal ever written and to me personally Black is better than their first album Kill em All.

There's a reason people who don't like metal love Metallica.

Their first four albums are great, the Black album is worth a listen though. After that it's kind of disappointing. Ride the Lightning is their best album but Orion is probably one of the greatest metal songs ever written.

>enter sandman
>better than phantom lord
Wew lad

>dank

first five albums are great. Not many can say that

>phantom lord
>better than Don't Tread on Me

At least pick Four Horseman. Jesus.

>don't tread on me
>better than phantom lord
Pleb spotted
AJFA is pretty bad, but their first two and some songs from MoP are worthwhile.

dyers eve is unironically the finest thrash metal track ever recorded

>don't tread on me
>better than whiplash
Yeah no

That would be master of puppet

DEAR MOTHER DEAR FATHER

And Ride the Lightning

MoP the song is amazing, but the rest of the album is a bit meh

>first four albums are good
Load is actually alright, and Reload has some okay songs, although yes they're not as good as the first four albums

I unironically like St. Anger though, yes it's got the weird snare, and yes it's nothing like early Metallica, but I actually really like some of the songs on there. E.g. Some Kind of Monster, St. Anger. The whole album is good in my opinion. I think it was a brave album to do. They didn't want to just churn out more of the hard rock stuff they'd done for the previous three albums, they wanted to change and innovate, and I think that album did that.

>Like "one" was really good... like real good

reddit poster writes in prose professing his like for reddit the metal band

>Kill Em All
8/10
>Ride the Lightning
9/10
>Master of Puppets
7/10
>And Justice for All
9/10
>Metallica
7/10
>Load
6/10
>Reload
6/10
>St. Anger
7/10
>Death Magnetic
Don't know, never listened to it
>Hard-Wired to Self Destruct
5/10

Death Magnetic is actually decent

St. Anger is good in my opinion. Yes obviously it's very different from everything up until that point. But I think it's great. There are some really great songs on there. Some Kind of Monster is probably the best in my opinion. But others are good too.

Yes the snare sounds weird, and the production is unpolished, but I like that. It's grimy, it's raw. They decided to drop the polished, radio hard rock sound that they had arguably had for the previous three albums (Metallica, Load, Reload).

I think that's great. Bands need to innovate. You can't just produce the same shit over and over. That's bollocks.

It's the only I haven't got. Maybe I should.

This. All my friends in high school who were into Metallica shat on it hard and I never understood why.

DARKNESS

>MUH LANDMINES

Alright OP there's a lot of derping in this thread so I'm gonna settle it for you.

>Is Metallica worth checking out?
Yes. Go chronological through their first 4.

>MUH ARMS

>St. Anger as good as Master of Puppets
I reported your post.

How have you lived your whole life without listening to the first 5 Metallica albums? Are you underage?

this was the first album I ever owned, it's pretty damn good and gives you some perspective on dad metal

they aren't really worth getting into though, there isn't all that much substance to the catalog aside from the big name singles

I prefer Death Magnetic to the Black album honestly,but yeah OP can't go wrong with the first 4 albums

youtube.com/watch?v=V6Dfo4zDduI

I will be checking out the first 4 albums! And and justice for all was extremely great 9/10!

And I never listened to them cause I always thought they were a meme and the people who wore Metallica t shirts further Made me believe thier a meme. Theirs so much music out their why waste time on a meme right?

Anways, and justice for all might be a favorite of mine now.

Also groups I consider a meme

-nirvana
-Twent one pilots
-Grimes
- Ozzy

Might check out megadeth and slayer some day too...

Inb4 it's not "their" it's there

Nirvana b-sides are great

>I unironically like St. Anger though

I agree. The St. Anger song gets my heart pumping everytime I listen to it. Any person that has gone through severe suffering (so anyone who's not a rich kid, basically) can relate to the lyrics.
I understand that some musicians won't give credit to it but I love it.

nirvana you should definitely check out all 3 albums. Also megadeath and black sabbath (if that's what you mean by ozzy)

Nope ozzy solo stuff, Black Sabbath is great. And which megadeth albums? I've only heard symphony of destruction which was cool but a little on the cringe side like edgy middle schooler music but nevertheless A-Okay.

I've only listened to Rust in Peace and it's great. You should definitely listen to that one. I've also heard Peace Sells and Countdown to Extinction are pretty good

>I like this song
>should I listen to more like it?

Jesus fucking Christ, dude.

what the fuck you sound like a 14 year old

>listens to Gary Numan, crappy new wave trash

>listen to a band you don't know
>really like song
>'hey guys should I listen to more songs from band I don't know?'

Yes. The answer here is yes.

Also, imo: Ride the Lightning = And Justice For All > Master of Puppets = Kill 'Em All > Metallica > Load > Reload >Death Magnetic = St Anger

INVISIBLE KID NEVER SEEN WHAT HE DID

Ride the Lightning is legit. AJFA is okay. Has its up and downs

Killing is my business, Peace Sells, Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction, and United Abominations are the only Megadeth albums I find myself coming back to, use this information wisely.

way to expose yourself as a pleb

THIS! (And their first demo No Life Til Leather featuring Dave Mustaine. Well OK it's basically Kill 'em All with a different guitar player but I still stand by my statement)

But yeah all you need is the first FIVE albums and maybe Garage Inc. (Although it's a covers album)

Ride the Lightning, Kill 'em All, ...And Justice for All, Master of Puppets, and Death Magnetic are very good albums. The other ones are shit. St. Anger and Lulu are memetically bad.

Slipknot faggot detected

this, MoP and RtL are so overrated.