My friend unironically listens to Death Grips, vaporwave, and lo-fi hip hop. How do I convert him to good music?

My friend unironically listens to Death Grips, vaporwave, and lo-fi hip hop. How do I convert him to good music?

Other urls found in this thread:

lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/centurion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do you give a fuck what your friend listens to

Listening to hip hop is a sign of immaturity, just leave him be and wait for him to grow up.

could be worse, just start showing him stuff you like

Better than your taste you smegma

t. OP's friend

death grips and lo-fi hip hop arent that bad on their own but all together your friend sounds like an insecure ironic humor guy

because everybody should help their friends be the best person they can be
You have to start out small, have him listen to Zach Hills' other projects for crossing over from death grips and relaxed rock like post punk with the same 80s chill appeal as vaporwave, like Chameleons maybe. He might reject it and think it is old and gay though

i don't know what i hate more
pseudo obscure/different music or mainstream pop music

Maybe you could let him enjoy what he likes? There's lots to be appreciated from both genres and Grips ain't bad, man
Totally expose him to some new stuff but I don't see the problem with what he likes already

bump

Agreed desu.

You post on this board and think your taste is any less suspect than your friend's.

Shut the fuck up.

Sounds like he has better taste than you f a m. Maybe he can convert you.

Whoa now. Take it easy man.

But DG is great and lo-fi hiphop has the potential to be good.

Don't patronize me.

Gonna need to get better at taking shit if you want to be successful in your tripfag career senpai.

Lo-fi hip hop is perty gooood

>he doesn't know the one and only unty has returned to bestow upon us yet another legendary thread

None of those are terrible. He could be listening to Avenged Sevenfold and Pierce the Veil instead. Just wait for the novelty value of the memes to wear off.

Yeah, I just wish it were higher fidelity, ya know?

Good post.

>vaporwave
>not good music
lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/centurion

It's the tits, put a lecture of Niel Degrass Tysin talking in the background and you got a killer cocktail

Lo-Fi is a young genre with some potential.

You can lead a normie to music, but you can't make them enjoy. Give him some recs and don't be a douche.