Let's talk'bout mechanical pencils Sup Forumstards

Let's talk'bout mechanical pencils Sup Forumstards

Kuru Togas are pleb tier.

Rotrings are pretty swell

Help this pour niggerino gettin away from it

Do you math or Japanese? They're ok.
Do you cursive or draw? They're more harm than good. Avoid and you should be ok.

What is better? I like em. Don't break

Gotta check thanks bru

Just writing , maths included , Japanese might be a good idea

God teir reporting in
Shit camera but its Pentel Twist-Erase
0.5 lead

Got one of these last year. Despite it being a little expensive (for a pencil at least) and looking mildly autistic, it's actually really quite nice and has a ton of useful features. You can adjust the length of the sleeve (about half a cm max, min is fully retracted, making it pocket safe), the clip is removable, you can adjust how much lead you get with each click and there's a neat little thingy on the top for displaying the type of lead you've put in it.
It's entirely aluminium (the only plastic part I've found disassembling it is the innermost bit that holds the spare lead) and has a nice weight to it. Feels well made too, no loose/rattly parts.
I got mine in .3mm which is great for diagrams (I use a cheaper pentel .5mm for writing) and gives you lovely sharp lines. I dislike letting other people use it because they're usually unaware that you only need less than 1mm of protruding lead and they click loads out and snap it.

Pencils are gay

Ergonomic?

Came here looking for Cooper and found gold

I used a Zebra M-301 all through high school and undergrad.

Not there yet , gotta be prepared ,

I went to a few online retailers for this model and the reviews are quite terrible.

Also kinda expensive

I also use a Pentel P205, and it's pretty fuckin solid. I got this one at the beginning of sixth form and have had it since, 4 years now. Despite it being my primary pencil for that time, I haven't yet needed to buy a replacement pack of lead, which is great. It's lightweight, narrow and has a very nice firm clip on it.
The sleeve is also a decent length, good for both writing and drawing, although it's not retractable so it can stab you if you put it in your pocket. Having said that, I've used it and kept it in pockets extensively during fieldwork and the sleeves is fine. The rubber on top is decent, though once it's used up it's a bit tricky to get out to refill the pencil. The cap over the rubber is excellent, tight fit without being inconvenient to remove.
Overall 9/10, cheap, sturdy and practical without any extra frill

Yeah, I saw some while looking for a picture. Personally, I've had no problems other than the clip being a little weak, but if a lot of people are giving it bad reviews it's probably not worth the risk. Rotring do some nice looking ones

Wuut tf you mean
>Haven't yet needed to buy a replacement pack of leads
??

These are similar in price to , but are far less durable, and the graphite has a tendency to push back into the pencil when there is still plenty left. Once I switched to Zebra, I never looked back.

the lead comes in packs of 12, I still have 8 in the original refill pack that came with it. Lower quality pencils will tend to have problems with breakage of lead in the pencil, which wastes a lot of the lead. Haven't had any breakage problems with this one

Intredasting, I'll have a look at that one

I'm using a cheap rotring 300 and it's suiting me perfectly.
The only design flaw is that the ring indicating softness rotates too easy (but I don't need that).

Im currently using a Pentel GraphGear 500
I use it primarily for math.
It's a good price for a good experience.

The body is plastic, however it has a metal grip that gives it good balance and weight. It has a massive lead capacity always.

I've been interested in Rotring but I can't justify the amount of money as of right now.

Isn't it to keep the lead sharped ?

So much rich autistic ppl with fancy pens meanwhile I'm using cheap BIC pens for as long as I remember xD

No it simply indicates what type of lead is being used.

If you're going to take a picture that shitty might as well just upload a sample picture instead like the post below yours.

This is Sup Forums have some class.

Are you fucking sorry?

breakage depends on quality of lead and how much is pushed out... I've never had a problem with any pencil as long as it wasn't pushed too much. The only difference I find in regards to lead is the grip strength on the lead.

ok, that: stock picture does not show the indicator.
Here's another pic – notice the plastic ring with a window at the rear of the pen (displaying HB).

Missunderstoodgotit

Oh I meant lead breakage inside the pencil, it'll waste like a centimetre of lead because it'll be pushed out past the mechanism but then go back in once you put any pressure on it.

I find people inexperienced with mechanical pencils tend to break lead from having it too far out, but it's pretty easy to get used to. Having said that, you do have to be a little more careful with .3mm, though of course it's still doable

:D

We're mostly discussing pens under $10 if you've not noticed.

You're that poor?

ah yes okay my bad. and I totally get what you mean. does that mean it has a slimmer tube then? less room for the lead to move and shake around?

bitch I'm 3rd world xD

Not sure really, I'd hypothesise that there's less of the lead actively enclosed in the mechanism, thus allowing wobbles (like dropping or sharply tapping it) to have a greater effect
Of course, I could be totally wrong, I'm kinda guessing
I have attempted to illustrate this

If you consider us the 3rd world, then what is for instance Ukraine or some African countries to you?

Don't worry makes no difference

That makes the most sense to me, after seeing this and thinking about it.

Thanks for taking the time to illustrate it

>ITT: Hurr Durr this pencil pen makes me draw like a pro
>Mfw it doesn't make a difference if you are good

Fucking faggots

Kek

Not even drawing, you cunt , go tell your mother how good you're drowning dicks , not us

i don't use my shit for drawing, ever. its a fucking writing pencil.

You mad cause you can't draw for shit and spent $200 on a shit pencil pen.

>Hurr Durr I can't shade my dick drawings as promised
>Hurr Durr I'll just use the pencil own for writing

Kys

>0.3mm
Sounds awfully thin. Is it even usable? What hardness grade of a .3mm lead can you buy?

>pencil pen
make up your mind if you're gonna be retarded

Is drawing stoping you from feeling useless?

Rotring tikki master race reporting in.

Not the sort of thing you'd really use much while out and about (fieldwork for me) but it's excellent if you're doing fine drawings, partially because that allows you to keep it mostly vertical and reduce lateral stress on the lead.
It can be used for writing, but you have to advance the lead fairly frequently because you don't want it protruding too much. Honestly, the most difficult bit is getting a knack for advancing the lead enough so it's nice to use and not too easy to break.
I have some fairly standard Staedtler HB lead and it's fine unless you press fairly hard at a low angle. I'm pretty sure you can find harder lead on the internet somewhere

I use one of those, pretty good but sometimes the lead doesn't rotate so you have to apply extra pressure.

Mine works fine , but yap same trouble sm times

I'm mostly using much softer leads (2B).
I'm used to fountain pens and soft pencils, neither of which demands much pressure.
That's why I ask for available hardness grades of those narrow leads.