I just won the lotto...

I just won the lotto. I woke up this morning and dos my usual routine I was checking my lotto ticket and I actually fucking won. 8.4 million and honestly I'm scared shitless. My fiancé is still asleep o havnt woke her and told her yet, it's still a little until the place I bought the ticket opens in sitting here shaking and have no fucking clue what to do, I'm worried about telling my family as they're really money hungry, I've never had this kind of money before someone help? I'm fucking scared man.
(Not my ticket I'll post it once I've claimed the prize)

dont tell anyone, go claim the money and save like 90% into the bank and take 10% to spend it on yourself.

whatever happen dont show it or tell anyone, trust me. good luck

if your family only wants your money then tell them to go fuck themselves, it's your money

why would you be scared of having tons of money? i'm scared of not having enough

Yeah sure bro

yeah don't tell anyone, keep it safe. don't make any exotic lifestyle changes. just be happy and comfortable.

post full ticket with timestamp

gratz on winning man really happy for you, now smartest thing to do is make sure nobody finds out for a while open multiple other high interest bank accnts and let it sit for a while till you can find what to do or
how to tell people.

if you won congrats! just don't tell anyone. they will only see you as an atm

Holla we want pre-nup

You need to seek legal counsel immediately have them set up an entity to claim the prize. You will thank me after you don't blow the whole f****** wad, and also no one else has an entitlement to the funds

Tell us where you live and we'll all come over to help celebrate. Make sure you don't cash it in yet or tell anybody else. Say do you have security cameras? Asking for a friend.

claim that shit anonymously, hire a reputable financial advisor if you take the lump sum... if you take the annuity at least you won't be flat broke in 5 years like most idiots that win the lottery

as says, put almost all of it into savings and let it gather interest. Keep enough to live very comfortably with small luxuries, maybe a not too expensive holiday. Future you will be balling tae fuck

see
Best advice.

Keep quite. Like seriously wait a few weeks to claim it and keep quite dont tell anyone. If you trust your wife tell her (if she isnt your wife dont tell her because its harder to get your money back if she does a runner)

And seriously dont make the mistake so many do. Put at least 70% in the bank and manage the other 30%. Propably best to hire a financial advisor for the first weeks to advise you (try to question him about how to manage on the long term. So you dont have to pay him long term) ideally have him for a month and get all the advice you can. Hopefully you leave with a lifetime of money management knowledge.

Then lay back you have 4 times the average life income of americans dont be afraid to live a little but plan to end life with about 2 million because you always go over. If you dont still better to overestimate spending and not underestimate.

Possibly most important. Do something wether it be voluntary work or work keep you yourself occupied. Youre in a position were you can work a job because you love it not for the money.

Good luck.

(Dont forget to drop me 50 dollars my man)

>doesn't know how to spell quiet
>doesn't know the difference between a fiance and a wife
>asks for $50

Yeah.. this guy is a good source for advice.

Op here, thanks a lot guys really appriciate it, I'm going to research some financial planners around me and look into some accounts today. It'll be hard not bragging but gotta do it thanks guys

Quite clearly you dont understand the idea of satire. My 50 dollar gag was quite clearly satirical. And sometimes people exchange the words fiance and wife. I was trying to be as concise and to the point as possible. Also pointing out spelling mistakes doesnt make you a god among men. I am typing this on a phone.

>fiance still asleep
>little while until the place opens
>somehow got the numbers ahead of time

Yeah, ok

Sage goes in all fields

>make sure to keep a paid job
Real advice, even if it's part time
keep those funds coming in, don't just assume you'll live off of your winnings or it'll go in the blink of an eye

holy fuck, shut the fuck up, kill yourself, and never speak again

If you're not lying (which you are) invest all in stock market or other investments that aren't too risky.

Go to the bank immediately and get a safety deposit box if you don't have one. If you do have one, go and put the ticket in there, then take your time and hire a lawyer and a financial adviser to help you claim the money.

Slightly uncivilised. Angry that i addressed all of your original points with reasonable answers? Now resorted to personal butthurt insults. Poor man-child

Second this

I'm the guy you were originally replying to, but I agree with the other guy. You should never speak again.

Yes, get a lawyer, a L A W Y E R!
Then, do not tell anybody? Oh wait just told it to the world, wp...

And why is that? Also butthurt? Shame.

There's a youtube tutorial how to deal with that Situation. Just use Google faggot

Yup.

>Top Shit News

Comment of the Day price Goes to? . . . Anonymous 732055948!

Congrats!

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Tell nobody
Withdraw it all to paypal
Spend all day every day making anons in steam begging threads happy
All money gone, no more problems

why a lawyer? i know everyone says it but how is a lawyer going to help? you can set up your "secret trust" yourself. you can just get the check and go to a bank and deposit it all in any checking account. you don't need FDIC insurance unless your bank collapses... unless you're with fucking argentinian "compass" you're fine. this isn't fucking cuba.

I smell......................BULLSHIT

Thank you

Kek

KEEP IT A SECRET AND PAY FOR A CONSULTANT

dont tell anyone, if youre feeling froggy you can tell your fiance, other then her dont tell anyone else.

>2013
>fags responding seriously

What is this even?

Says right in the post it's not his ticket, you dumb faggot.

1. Lets say you are from the EU, if I am not mistaken the "new" laws make it o that your bank will cover only the amount up too 100.000€. Meaning if you deposit 1mil and the bank goes, well "swimming" you will lose 900.000€. The bank will then be bought off and recapitalized, yet you still won't see a dim.
2. He said he is "engaged". He should make sure to protect his assets before marriage and make sure he won't lose 50% of it after the divorce
3. His family could claim he owned them money for "God" knows what reasons and sue him.

Not to mention all the darn paper work and laws involving moving that kind of money, he could lose a nice portion my making the wrong decisions at the very start, which could have been avoided to start with.

>Pretending there was ever a ticket.

Still fucking laughing

>Using the date on what he clearly states is not his ticket as proof.

> 12/17/2013

Might be a little late to claim

See
Then kys.

Damage control

You don't go to the place you bought it from, there is a telephone number on the back for larger prizes, but of course, is something that a genuine winner would know.

This bait is literally shit.

could you buy Sup Forums with that much?

I overwent that situation literally like thousands of times, everytime before sleep. That is something that makes me fall asleep.
Every evening, if not drunk or not passing out of exhaustion at work, i imagine myself in this situation. However instead of 9, i imagine 23 million. Dont know why that number but it is something that would fulfill me and let me to live my life happy ever after. I know what i would do with every penny of it, till the last one.
>Gain 23 millions
>put 10 of it into the bank which i would not able to touch for years, let it grow for a while, and then have around 300-400k per year from it till I die
>start building a ridiculous amazing looking house, like a huge one, with amazing design solutions like garage under the pool with glass bottom, so all my cars would have amazing glow on them
>make a year in advance order of: ferrari 488, lamborghini aventador, bmw x6, audi a8, aston martin db11, mercedes s63 coupe, '68 dodge charger and....
>wolksvagen golf 3 cabrio, yeah. Just a car with wich i would go with my friends to grill something near the lake, after we done grilling we would just pour water in the grill dump it into my golf and somenext day i would just remember where i left the goofie and would go get it. I would keep it like 1 mile away from my house, and go meet people in it sometimes, just for fun.
>get appartments in city center
>by that time there would be around 7kkk left of which 5kkk i would put into an account which is not visible to anyone, accessible but i would not touch it
>put 2kkk into account which i can access easier but only when unlocking it at the bank branch
>leave 500k in current account so i would feel safe
>remember by this time noone knows nothing
>thats where the fun starts. I quit my job, staying at the same appartment with my gf
>go to the hospital and get in there to get checked and done anything thats possible - remove all the annoying birth-marks, get white teeth, remove hair from the places

No pic, ops pic says 2013

OMG! Thanks for telling us! We were all duped!

Oh wait, OP already said that wasn't his ticket. Go kill yourself.

>get everything done i can think and would like with my body
>get a personal trainer, workout like 5-6 days a week with some professional star trainer
>during free time eath healthy and read
>do the things I always wanted - like learn how to kitesurf, skydive, etc
>at the end of the year i would already feel ready mentally and physically for the changes, by that time my gf and i would get married and she would know a little part of it but not all ofcourse
>start buying business, like local shops, fund start-ups, acquire a night club, basically get from the 3kkk around 20 businesses which i own and manage around the area - this will keep me busy, as i would probably get bored by this time
>thats it, house is finished cars have arrived
>we move to the new house, sometimes stay at our appartment at city cente
>i am fulfilled, i am free
>then on random tuesday i would go to the airport pick a random location and go there with my wife for a week, and keep doing that freely without limiting days, or time, or money
>fulfilled
>free
>I am sleepy now.

give me some then im a fucking jew

1: invest at least 60% of your capital in long term funds. That way your money is doubled in about 7 to 8 years when done by managers who know what the fuck they are doing.

2: get a pre-nup

3: dont tell your family if they are money hungry, or be sparse

4: get a pre-nup

5: do not change your lifestyle too much. You do not need a BMW, Porsche, or other useless knick-knacks. Use the money to lay a stable foundation and make investments to generate a passive income stream. That way you can spend a lot of time on your hobbies, and you are able to enjoy this cash-flow indefinately. Combine this with the aforementioned long term stock strategy and you can use your new capital to create even more businesses.

6: get a pre-nup

7: invest in real estate that is on the upswing. You can live in it while the market is tightening, and youve got a tremendous room for growth of value if you have an establisged real estate portfolio

8: get a pre-nup

secrecy is good for you

good luck

TELL NOBODY. I'm friends with a man who won the Euromillions. His family and friends turned into borderline panhandlers. He and his wife and two children ended up having to move away because it became excruciating.

Make it look like a natural progression over the space of 18 months. Don't buy a Ferrari like a fucking mug.

Once that time has elapsed, move away.

>it's still a little until the place I bought the ticket opens
Good thing you have to do big claims over the phone anyway. Fuck off.

You should just buy me some shit on Steam