He doesn't have a masters degree in musicology, conducting, composition, or music theory

>he doesn't have a masters degree in musicology, conducting, composition, or music theory
>he thinks he is qualified to talk about music or say what is good or bad and why

What cartoon characters do you like besides Pepe?

Is Pepe your favorite?

>getting a meme degree just to give opinion on shit

lol

>getting a degree in music of any kind

this is how you know you really fucked up

>paying for a meme paper because you think it will make people respect your taste more
>look guys i was able to sit in a room for years and remember what i was told the whole time
>here let me show you: those bloops are better than these bleeps

>musicology
>not musiconomy

>technical knowledge = ability to have an opinion on whether you like music or not
>>le meme degree
music degrees are by far not the worst degrees to have and have greater potential to lead to happiness, unlike STEM meme degrees like the one I am currently trying to earn

iknow a little bit about music theory.
i do hate pop songs because the chorus is overplayed

Agreed.

you would be surprised to how complex music theory can be.
the ability to play a song based on its key and scale is one of the most satisfying things you can do.
also playing a song based on the melody and not the actual chords used in the record is quite fun

yeah but try getting paid to do it

hold on let me get my degree in conducting before i tell you why i don't think the chainsmokers are very good.

>what are musicologists
>what are music teachers
>what are composers
>what are guitar/piano/cello teachers

Poor people.

>no masters in philosophy as well
literally brainlet tier, you can quantitatively analyze the works, but you can't pass judgement on them.

>you can quantitatively analyze the works, but you can't pass judgement on them.

says who? your NEET uneducated ass?

That's like getting a doctorate in cooking to say that the Egg-normous Burrito from Burger King tastes like AIDS.

Not an argument.

Yea but you cant deviate from your rigid formula. I bet you cant even play metal. Or blues. There are somethings dogma cannot reveal.

>the Egg-normous Burrito from Burger King
Wait wut

Neither is the OP, what's your point?

Let me rephrase that guy's argument. You don't need a PHD to have an opinion, despite what a guy with a PHD will tell you.

you can't talk about what art is good or bad unless you have a phd in philosophy focusing on aesthetics

>doesn't have a master's degree in physics giving him the core of understanding of music and how the sounds that it consists of work
>thinks his opinion on music has any value whatsoever, even on a prole consumerist level

>he rationalizes art instead of appreciating its beauty
people like you are the rason artists sell jars of their own shit for millions

there's people who can do that intuitively just by hearing and knowing exactly how to make their instrument make those sounds

>not musicics
fuckig pleb

I do, I listen to Grimes exclusively.

>studying music
congratulations on your Golden Pleb FilterĀ®, Mr. turbo pleb sir.

Reminder that if you subscribe to separation between sonic and cerebral enjoyment of music (I.E., a difference between the composition and the sound) you're a sheep