What do you guys think of Upstream Color?

What do you guys think of Upstream Color?

It was pretty good.

Primer is superior.

Hi Shane

I love it. Primer was shit though.

I'm with this guy. Primer lacked an 'emotional core' imo. Upstream Color is contemporary kino

Fucking love it. I cam understand the hate though

Loved it.

Would marry the girl.

complete and utter garbage. anyone who likes this boring pretentious cumstain is a liar.

pretty good,
had to watch it a 2nd time to understand wtf I was watching.

Go back to your capekino threads

primer is poorly made on a technical level but has a great concept and a really interesting character dynamic between abe and aaron

what was the deal with Walden?

oh sorry dude, would you prefer if we talk about how epik civil war was?

someone post the nerd culture copypasta

>What do you guys think of Upstream Color?

It was interesting and odd.

It's not as good as Primer but I'm glad i watched it.

>A Topiary will never be produced

Pretty much a hippie fantasy, shared consciousness and all that. Primer is great though.

I really love it. It's somewhere in my top 50.

Primer is really fucking flawed, but I think it has worth in the sense of a personal directorial voice charting the struggles of a relationship in a manner that thematically involves a unique physical plot "device".

Upstream Color takes a similar approach, albeit with more nuanced characters, a better eye for visuals, and higher production values. It's the director demonstrating notable experience gained in filmmaking since Primer. Also, personally, I think the more straightforward nature of The Parasite compared to The Box allows for the narrative to breathe a bit more than in Primer, which I think works to UC's benefit.

I really think the cast and general concept of The Modern Ocean show promise. Def my most anticipated 2021 release.

There was no reason to have an emotional core.

Much better than Primer, really liked it.

essential nu-male and cuckkino

Worse than Lars von Hack

in the best way possible

>Upstream Color
Simple story told in convoluted way

>Primer
Complex story told in simple way

>never be produced

don't speak such words

This makes me sad

Contribute more to Sup Forums if you don't already mate, it could be a good discussion board if we had more actual film discussion.

Loved it and Primer both, great example of an auteur with good enough vision and execution to be or at least appear to be free of pretentions, which is uncommon.

You didn't like Super 8? xDDD

lel

Neither movie made much sense to me

This is how I approach watching movies in general, but for Upstream Color in particular, I wouldn't focus on trying to outsmart or figure out the movie, just experience it moment by moment and feel the emotional effect rather than focusing on the narrative of it.

Moo

garbage.

I was really influence by Upstream Color. Loved it a lot.

I'm pretty spooked about his upcoming film since it contains a lot of A-listers, but I'm hoping he'll still be in complete control of the process and editing.

Did you have any examples to back up those lofty criticisms, or do you just not get the movie?

(Movie watching tip: stay off your phone while watching a movie)

This is not even a tip, for anyone minimally serious it's a rule, a demand. Fucking fuck, tb.h

>most anticipated 2021 release

kek, don't make me cry user

Moo