ITT: Times P4k was absolutely right.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rlBskd3IaNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doesn't p4k always hate alt-J though?

who gives a shit

t. pitchfork shill

Alt-J is just shit.

I'd give it a 6/10, for 3WW, Deadcrush, and Adeline, alone. Some really great singles, but this album is a meme waiting to happen. Can't really argue with p4k here.

everyone does

This is just stupid, P4k always loves avantgarde bullshit and now they say "baah its too boring", or "haha, he sings from his nose", or they take the only song that speaks about sex liberation as a metaphor for playing whatever style of music alt j wants to play, and they say: "wow its just a song about sex" (and they ignore every other song that actually has a lot more meaning in the lyrics)... I dont even like this album (5/10 imo) but cmon, whoever wrote this article doesnt even know how to actually critique.

Damn I remember being tempted to give this a 4/5 and that's why I haven't rated it yet to let the dust settle. Guess I'll put it through the ringer again but I can't imagine giving this anything less than a strong 3/5

the singles were nearly perfect, 3ww was a perfect start and pleader a perfect end. Last year is slow but beautiful. Deadcrush is fun classic alt j (just like in cold blood). And House of the rising sun (w/ that awful new verse that adds nothing to the song) and hit me like that snare... crap

Except for melon head

My only problem with HotRS is the string squeaks. Literally why. Pick up your goddamn fingers.

alt j suuuuuucks

This album is a strong 9/10

>alt-j
>avant garde
hmm....

Pitchfork has hated alt-J since they started because they were instantly labeled the reincarnation of Radiohead. They have since ourtight panned every release by them to make a public statement of disagreement and be the pretentious contrarian faggots they truly are.

Hes obviously impling that avant garde is more boring than the normal boring that is alt j

>this album is a meme waiting to happen
Wut why?

kek butthurt

this. Pitchfork would be dead by now if they hadn't made purposely controversial decisions. It's a deeper level of clickbait. They subsist on measuring the music scene and narrowing in on its consumers and playing them like a fucking fiddle.

p4k has given alt-J scores of 4.8, 4.0 and 4.5

fucking rekt

Hes right tho

There is a difference between placing insult where it belongs and being butthurt, user. It's not very complicated.

Nah they aren't. They just drew the ire of pitchfork for being white and folk rock, similar to how they hated kings of leon

I'm about to finish and I can't in good conscience give it a 4/5 literally for the string squeaking alone. Lift your skinny fingers. 3/5

Up put it in my butt put it in my butt put it up put it in my butt put it in my butt

Fuck it, it's a 4.5

Ok but kings of leon is shit

Your ranking system is superb

Excuse me?

Thank you. It's inexcusable. Life is too short for squeaky strings. If you want a 4/5 then pick up your goddamn fingers.

alt j is crap, all of the girls in my boarding house who had trash taste were into them so they are an automatic stacey band as far as im concerned, also indie pop is trash too

even I get the reference

>automatic
well then you're just a shit person with a shit rationale

Fuck, a lot of stupid girls i know loves radiohead, and im not even talking just pablo honey. Not a valid reason to hate m8

i dont care, your favorite band is poop dude

>radiohead is deep

U cared enough to answer

>alt-J
>my favorite band
wow, I didn't think it was. tell me more about myself, user.

You're a cuddler but not a hugger. You like long walks on the beach but hate the sand.

why do people hate alt-j? i don't think they're great or anything but i like some of their songs

elitism

By that logic so have Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes, both of who have garnered enormous acclaim from the website. Don't get me wrong, Pitchfork obviously inflates/reduces scores based on trends as we can see especially with hip-hop at the moment though when it boils down to it Alt-J just isn't really anything in particular and certainly doesn't warrant mass acclaim even if Pitchfork is hard on the band. Also Kings of Leon is objectively terrible - just some modern rock for teenagers who want to appear "cultured" and have a deep musical taste without putting in any effort to broaden their perspective.

>/moo/

>pitchfork is one man
god forbid people working there just don't like them for what they are and thats it.
>also kings of leon is objectively terrible
well we found common ground there

But you know, normal people don't give a shit about Pitchfork reviews. Just because Pitchfork gave a bad review doesn't mean you can't like that record, I like records that have bad reviews by Pitchfork and hate many that have good reviews (especially trap). But he is probably one of those pitchfork-hipster-wannabies that relies 100% by Pitchfork and feel bad if something they like get a bad review because now he just can't like it. I listened to all Alt-J records and I really get why they don't like them, for me they are really boring.

fucking this

Never said that it is just one person asserting their taste, though wouldn't you imagine for a publication that banks on being trendy their writers would get a few pointers as for what to write?

>Just because Pitchfork gave a bad review doesn't mean you can't like that record
umm, actually..

trve

still relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=rlBskd3IaNw

Are there any "indie rock" band around today that's not complete shit? The last new indie rock band I actually enjoyed was Local Natives but they fell off after their debut.

depends on what do you mean by "indie rock"

tumblr-core

Classic

fuck alt-J, they stole assets and shit from LSD: Dream Emulator because it's le trippy and psychedelic and they're too uncreative to come up with visuals of the same caliber
I feel fucking appropriated. FUck

is it really that bad?

feels bad man
although let's be honest, it's not the only album cover that consists entirely of stolen art, this happens all the time

yeah if there's one thing p4k hates it's "white folk rock."

seriously how fucking dumb are you people?

>I hate things cause girls like them

Sup Forums in a nutshell

they hated kings of leon because they got popular. They gave Holy Roller Novocaine a 7.1.

Of course not.

Are you retarded? They hate KoL because it's so called rock music for for pretending-to-be-different teen girls. What are you even doing on Sup Forums pleb?

As if. Plenty of people here listen to Carly Rae Jespen and unironically discussed the new Harry Styles album.

They weren't Sup Forumstants. Just pretending-to-be-different teen girls that want to destroy this board.

more eccentric vocals, couple songs are just bad. alt j was already going down the path to memedom

They stole the art from a game made specifically for the band

>they differ 0.5 points from my own opinion
>fuck them

P4K for once wasn't praising numalecore. So I stand w/ them 100% when it comes to alt-J

Cool. Mumford and Sons is shit, too.

based

An Awesome Wave is a good album

Don't forget to take your antipsychotics today

The point is that the review itself is bullshit, they just say hollow adjetives without going into details to explain WHY that is considered "bad" acording to them... I dont care about the numbers, just the content

nice paragraph. BUT that is not even what I am saying for fuck's sake. I am saying Pitchfork, an absolutely horrid publication, has a conflict of interest in this case. Pointing this out is not "kek butthurt," grow the fuck up.

kek butthurt

>he thinks I'm angry
mate, I can go all day. doesn't mean I'm angry. I'm literally chilling on my couch.

>one fourth of an album is okay
>I'll give it a passing grade

why are people so retarded anons?

I know you fatty

tRiAnGlEs ArE mY fAvOrItE sHaPe