So Sup Forums i'm currently in the process of making my own booze...

So Sup Forums i'm currently in the process of making my own booze. this is in no way a professional brew this is all just purely for fun. Anybody else ever try home brewing some cheap bootleg booze? if so, what is your recipe? this is mine:
>2 liter bottle of fruit juice with 26-28 grams of sugar per serving.
>pour out 3 cups of the juice. drink it/pour it down the drain. you aren't going to need it
>put 3 cups of sugar in the remaining juice.
>shake that shit until it's all dissolved
>get 20 grams of yeast (most packets of yeast come in 20 gram pouches)(champagne yeast will get you more alcohol)
>pour the yeast into the juice, do not stir. it will sit on top for awhile just leave it alone and it will do it's thing.
>get condom
>put condom over the mouth of the bottle and poke a super tiny hole in the tip of the condom with a needle.
(this will allow pressure from to be released from the bottle created by the CO2 but wont allow contaminates to get in)
>leave in a cool dark place (not your fridge that's too cold)
>check on it and see if the condom is inflating, if it is inflating, you did it right and in a week your brew is finished.

forgot to mention that it could take about 12 hours before you see any inflation in your condom

what its tastes like ?

this is my first time, im assuming its not gonna be great. it will be ready on friday. tbh im had a lot of fun putting it all together and it is exciting to check on it after work. on friday ill make another thread as a part 2 if this thread catches any speed

gets/checked bump

holy fuck its 3 dubs in a row, this is now a 50% get thread

>piss bottle

checkem

homebrewfag here

as usuall

kölsch and irish red

kek

checked.

you a SC fag? Them trees look SC

english brown ale. tastes almost identical to new castle

fucking 7 ruining everything

texasfag. houstonfag to be precise. i don't know what them trees are. i call them "fuck you bushes" because i'm always saying "fuck you, bush" when i'm mowing the lawn

belgian wit in the fermenter

same belgian wit in the glass after kegging and carbonation

OP here- didn't expect this thread to more than 4 posters in it.

im also a houston texasfag H-Town life baby

diarrhea. no joke

gets

Czeched.

i'm near 249 and n houston rosslyn.

i live in Inwood...or as the white people say it "N-word"

my neighborhood is on 1314 in porter :D

If you want something as easy but slightly less nig, buy an airlock and stopper off amazon for like $5, then go to trader joes or whole foods and buy the 1 gallon no-preservative apple juice in a big glass jug.

Then follow similar instruction to OP, pour out a cup, sugar is optional if you want to raise the alcohol levels but extend fermentation time, then add some yeast (champagne yeast will make it much drier tasting, check out ale yeast) then dump on top, put on the airlock and wait a week.

If you want to make it fizzy, sanitize some plastic bottles, add like half a spoonful of sugar to each bottle and fill and seal tightly, then wait like two more weeks in the bottles and it will actually taste good.

what kinda juice is that?

i was planning on doing this recently but just haven't been able to resist the temptation to buy shitty beer yet

was gonna buy applejuice as it seems the easiest to stomach and/or the most expected to use. any input?

im thirsty just looking at it

omfg so many dubs

>porter
damn yankee

welcome to immediate diarrhea and the hangover of your life, OP

TBH i can't fucking wait for it to be done this weekend. if all goes according to plan this is going to be paired with a tab of acid and some bud

check'em, also i just got dubs too ^^^^^^^^^see^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

it was actually very tasty and refreshing. took samples to work and the folks i let taste it almost wet themselves.

it's a recipe i pulled from beersmith. i cut the coriander in half because most folks tend to overdo shit like that.

fucken A

check my jubbs

i know my this stuff im making is going to be no where near yours but looking at what you made gets my hopes up for my batch. even though you have nice expensive equipment and the most expensive thing in my brewing process was the juice itself.

Why not distill into brandy op?

How exactly do retards go blind from methanol?

Or, just go to a liquor store and buy some wine.

the guys that i got the recipe from told me that i shouldn't distill it because i could get methanol poisoning. since this is my first time i'm just playing it by the rules so the i don't accidentally an hero

i'm 18

Drink those tasty heads

Go to quebec, ur legal here

So just pour off the methanol before you distill ethanol and ur golden

next time you homebrew, have a batch of bleach and water...very tiny amount of bleach....a cap full to 1 gallon of water. sanitize the fuck out of everything. clean your bottle and cap. everytime you go to touch something, dunk your hands in the bleach water. i promise the results will be better than this batch.

i'm going to Germany this summer to visit family. hopefully i'll get my fill on beer while i'm there

how to do this?

1l water
400g sugar
10g yeast

for me it's fine after 2-3 weeks, or when it stops fizzing. It tastes like shit, but has %'s, is drinkable and almost free

You may think a latex balloon would be better but they are coated in a weird powder sometimes that gets in your shit.

The best thing for pressure.... use a simple balloon. The balloon fills as the yeast respite. As the balloon begins to deflate.....enjoy.

OP here, i'm actually using a latex balloon for mine because i didnt pick up condoms at the store while i was there so i just found a balloon and im using that.

Acetone and Methanol condenses first, this is your heads, it's cloudy and foul smelling, dispose of this and soon you will be condensing clear tasty booze, since methanol has a lower boiling point than ethanol, they shouldn't evaporate or condense at the same time

easy mead recipe:
>5 gallons of filtered water
>15-20lbs of honey
>champagne yeast

mix all the shit together and let it ferment

do a secondary ferment and add fruit. let that go for 2 weeks or so and you should get a barley wine around 12-14% abv.

You don't. Don't try it. Methanol is miscible in both ethanol and water.

It boils at a lower temperature, so if you really know how to work a still you can boil it off before you run your ethanol. You have to be able to hold the temperature very precisely though. Which I doubt someone making jungle juice with a condom can do effectively.

Noice, enjoy you trip man, I would love to visit der Führer's home one day

I have been interested in making beer for a while now. How much does a say 20L setup cost? How much does it cost to brew 20L of beer if you have the equipment?

methanol and ethanol don't differ to human

While scrolling through the catalog I thought this bottle was a dick

Other than the blindness and death, you're absolutely correct

>thinking literally everything is a dick

think it might be time to take a break from Sup Forums for a bit buddy

Here is another picture. I names the drink craznazty because it is cranberry and raspberry juice, and I'm assuming this shit won't taste that good.

Truthfully, it's not really any cheaper than buying beer at the store.

pic related

Jesus Christmas buy a fucking kit you nigger. They're

do you think i would get better results if i used organic honey? tons of people selling organic honey on the side of the road near where i live and i love the way it taste compared to store bought honey.

yup, I meant optically

You can get that from flash distillation which is a pain in the ass but you probably already have the materials. Regular distilation and you just run the risk of catching your house on fire.

i used honey from costco. i have a brewer buddy who used organic honey. most of the time that shit ain't filtered....so you'll end up with a lot of shit in your brew.

Organic honey will not work, in order for fermentation to occur it needs to have pesticides in it

i've actually made an effort to use hand sanitizer on each time i muck with it. will i get better abv if i sanitize everything?

i wouldn't know tbh. this is my first time brewing and im only doing it to see if i could.

not better abv. just better tasting brew. abv is determined by how much sugar there is for the yeast to convert to alcohol

in my batch i actually put a half cup more sugar and added 40 grams of yeast so it would go faster, cuz i need it by friday and i want it to be done.

i've never tried that, so i can't say you'll get higher ABV.

yeast can only eat so much at a time

when you don't see bubbling, that means the yeast stopped eating and fermentation is complete.

if you really want to get into it, you check the gravity...if it's the same 3 or 4 days in a row, fermentation is complete.

how do i check gravity.

As with most things, it depends. If you're thinking about doing it to save money, you won't. Notbrewing on that small of a scale for personal consumption. The monetary cost is marginally less than similar styles of beer would be in the store.

What it will cost you is time. Lots of time. Time cleaning and sanitizing equipment. Time boiling wort. Time sanitizing bottles/kegs. Time cleaning up the colossal mess it makes. Do you know how hard it is to properly clean a 40L pot that's had grain boiling in it for hours?

It's a time sink. And if you don't invest the time to clean and sanitize and sanitize and sanitize, there's a good chance you'll have spent all that time to then dump 20L of infected beer down the drain.

If you want to do it as a hobby, don't let me discourage you. It can be fun, and you can brew lots of styles of beer and experiment. Just don't get in to it thinking you're going to save lots of money. Especially if you value your free time.

hydrometer

homebrewfag here

from start to finish (not including fermentation), a 5 gallon brew costs me about $30 and takes about 6 hours.

that includes:
>set up
>water prep
>mashing
>vorlaufing
>xfer to boil kettle
>boil
>xfer through wort chiller to fermenter
>pitching yeast
>clean up

i don't do it to save money, i just like drinking good beer.

Used to brew wine, did loads of fruity ones with whatever I could get, so Blackberry, Elderberry, Gooseberry, Strawberry, Peach, Plum, Apple, Orange, Pear, Rhubarb, and my favourite, Potato and Rasen.

Shit had a kick like a pissed off donkey.

OP here with another question. If you look in the second pic you can kinda see some foam at the top. What do I do with this?