How does it feel to be forced in to believing in a God who everybody knows doesn't exist?

How does it feel to be forced in to believing in a God who everybody knows doesn't exist?

I know most of you religitards aren't dumb enough to actually believe that shit deep down, you're just conforming and agreeing so your parents don't hate you.

Why don't you all just come out already and admit that there is no God, and we're just advanced bacteria on a spinning rock in a universe that no creator exists to give a fuck about?

ftfy

lol

Religion blows.

what a dumb image. You could get any two groups and pick the smartest of one and the dumbest of the other, vice verse, and make a point. I know this is obviously bait and i am taking it in like a hungry fish but goddamn you are fucking dumb. And if atheists didn't have some deep hidden fear about where they will go at the end of time they wouldn't make stupid threads all the time on image board sites.

it blows balloons

i hate to be falling for this pathetic bait but we know where we are going. 6 feet under. just like everyone else.

exactly. deep down you are not sure if there is a afterlife and you wish so bad that there was a god and hope for you. you are so mad at everyone who is happy, whether they are wrong or not, that you have to go around just being shitty and angry.

Most are just afraid of the possibility of hell. They won't question religion because of fear. Watch as they get all riled up over little comments.

>deep down you are not sure if there is a afterlife

There's absolutely nothing to suggest there really is one.

wow, you must be the only one who saw what i did there. xD

So on the topic of afterlife, hell to me would be the existence of an afterlife. Not suicidal or anything but I'd be pissed if when I finally die I still have an eternity to look forward to. Even paradise would become boring at some point.

that is why it is heaven. it is supposed to never get boring. listen nerd i am not defending religion. i think it is fucking silly as well. but i do not understand why fucking neckbeard fedora edgelords get more turnt about the topic then ankle dress Christians

that balloon sculpture is sick as fuck though

Atheists go to hell if there is one, how could somebody in heaven be happy if a few of their loved ones are burning in hell for not believing?

Preach brother

Have some self worth. If there is no god we are all gods.

Because it's the internet. In person people are more apt to have an intelligent discussion whereas online people can only talk in hyperbole. I try not to but even I am guilty of it.

But my stance on an eternity of bliss becoming boring is my actual argument even in person. Typically I try to argue using facts and such, but as the topic is supernatural I respond with a farfetched reasoning that isn't grounded in reality.

they would get over it. time heals all. also if there is such thing as a hell i don't think it would be a eternal one. just a quick little roast

In Matthew 25:46, Jesus said, "These shall go away into everlasting punishment but the righteous into eternal life."

Pretty sure "everlasting" means forever

but it is supposed to be HEAVEN

if up there you are given the power to explore any new life on any planet in the universe and probably have some sort of creation power i do not see how that would ever get boring if you have a literal god continuously making new shit for you to enjoy

different interpretations have been made about forever

if i say i love this girl forever. it is until we both die. some thing that they burn until they are no more depending on translation

but who fucking know good chance it could all be bullshit. hell, everyone, atheist or religious, we could all be wrong

You know how I know you're a cretin?

Man is incapable of creating the simplest of things, a hydrogen atom, but has created and destroyed hundreds of gods.

i'll bite. how

I feel religion exists as a moral guide for assholes. It was there to tame the wild teaming masses of humanity through shame or teaching them morals.
It exists in almost every culture.
Having said that, I've seen some shit that cant be explained and if people want to have faith in something besides themselvs its not my place to judge.

"We could all be wrong."
Literally not possible given the stated proposition.

Not him, but I think he meant that we could all be wrong by there turning out to be God but it wasn't one that anybody had followed or something?

my point is what if there is some other being that no one has even considered?

if your mind was as open as your mom's legs and that large bag of doritos by your desk you wouldn't be sitting here being a asshole probably watching interviews with Tool And George Carlin on your 4th pc monitor

thank you one fucking smart person

But think of it this way: I used to watch a lot of anime and it was in my opinion at the the time the greatest thing ever but one day I just got bored of it and stopped. An nigh on infinite amount of choice in what to watch but I got bored. New shows come out that I am sure are great but I just lost interest to the point of not being able to get into it at all anymore.

So what does this have to do with Paradise? When I moved on from anime I found that I would just as easily get bored with any new hobby I picked up. It isn't that big of a deal though since I know that I only have to entertain myself for the length of my natural life, so If I get bored of something I can always find something new to hold my attention. The point here is that eventually I will get bored of what I am doing.

So now apply that to eternity. Every time you have to move onto something new you'd be once again be conditioning yourself to boredom. A century or two and I'm sure despair would take hold of you when you know nothing will ever be permanent save for your everlasting existence.

That sucks.

Ever looked back at the year[s] gone by and wondered how it went so fast?

i see your point. i think that would apply more if you were immortal on earth. like if you were an elf or vampire or some made up shit. we are forgetting...heaven. are brains are "supposed" to not be able to even fathom all the great shit. it is supposed to be the most perfect shit ever all the time forever,

whether people agree with me or not it is actually really nice to talk with people on this shitty board. all i see now a days is fucking traps and facebook fap

religion is just controlling of dump ppl for one reason.... MONEY

they just use the best of storys from the last 2000 years..

wait 2000 more and we have the holy justin bieber or some other dumpfuck storys to milk ppls money...

See

nice ad hominem, ace.
Not being an asshole, just pointing out that you spout shitty, incoherent arguments without an inkling of thought. Either there exists a god or gods, or no such thing exists. Protip: the two propositions are not on equal intellectual footing, either. If your mouth was open a little less than *your* moms legs, perhaps I wouldn't have to spend my time schooling you and your eighteen slimy cunt stain brother-uncles on matters of (slightly) higher thought.
Peace.

>Implying we're "advanced"

Advanced enough to check those dubs

I can't really argue with you on that point. If it is something that I can't fathom then I can't logically make a point against it. So I'll settle for your elf comparison. I'd definitely be bored if I lived their lifetime.

Still, you are going full autism. Anyone with a 3rd grade education or higher understood that what I meant was that maybe there is some god or being or alien or whatever that created us that no one has ever thought of. When I said we all were wrong i was implying that there might be another option than say the big bang and nothing from something or jesus. You took a tiny little point out of my post and turned it into some tumblr fedora rant trying to pick it apart when clearly everyone else was on a different page

Just the past year alone has been a blur for me. I haven't had time for my usual hobbies thanks to school. I'm hoping once I start my apprenticeship I'll have more time to get back to being lazy and playing video games, as long as I'm not bored of them too.

as would anyone i think. maybe ever 100 years something new would be cool but i think earth and heave are supposed to be very different obviously

because we like fucking with retards like you.

nice dubs

i can hear your step dad yelling. better go take the bottle of jack from him and take a few punches for mom

Im not advocating anything. I just think it would be relative to itself and not what is known.

The unfortunate part about it is that since it is something that could only witnessed by someone who is dead is that we could never be given proof for or against its existence. I would love to actually have an observable end to conversations like this but it'll never happen.

77777 get

>posting on Sup Forums and assuming he's speaking to religious masses

>Religions scientist
Sir. Isaac Newton vs.
>Non religious scientist
Bill Nye

Topfuckingkek

Implying Newton would be religious in this day and age with what he understand now compared to then?

Topfuckinglel

I'm an atheist because I'm not retarded enough to believe that the man made stories that attempt to humanise an infinite reality to gain power and wealth are true.
Whether there is a God I do not know, but I am 100% certain that he doesn't give a fuck about whether I rub my penis at night thinking about batman.

you cannot be 100% on anything

and don't turn that statement into " well huuurr i am 100% sure i am on Sup Forums"

you know what i mean. There is still a chance you could be wrong. There is a chance you could be even more retarded than you already are now

Who fucking knows and who fucking cares. This is why I'm agnostic. Known religions don't hold up against facts. But they teach morals and created a great system where ungrateful cunts like you can seem smart openly and without fear. Since atheism is a religion. Believing something about happens after you die is the most ignorant shit ever. Be open minded. Science doesn't and won't have all the answers just like *insert known religion here*. Just cause you the process of life doesn't mean you know the process of the universe. Pick your favorite theory and run with it. But don't act smug or force others to share your opinion. This is coming from real conservative and not some big government republican twat. You and most atheist love science when its handy except for when it challenges your world view. ie abortion.

That's the dumbest shit I ever read. Everyone here is now less intelligent for having read all that. You are a blight on mankind.