youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Plot

It's too long like most Nolan films

Nolan

Came here to post this.

Plot holes

examples?

None. It's flawless like all of Nolan's kinography.

Exposition.

How Cobb goes into limbo to get Saito back is poorly explained.

When they arrive at the warehouse in the first dream with Fischer, they explain that "Limbo" is a horrible place you can't escape, and then later only to follow Mal and Fischer into Limbo and getting them back.

These are pleb complaints.

I know, I'm memeing. But seriously, he makes good films but there's always a bit too much exposition and very little character development to them.

When will DC suck his huge cock so he makes DC movies again

Fuck

It was over-hyped.

I know that's not an actual flaw, but that's the reason it got so much hate. People went into it wanting to hate it because they'd been told it was so fucking smart their lesbian minds would explode.

Also, the Dark Knight was terribly written and full of plot holes so people assumed Inception would be as well, forgetting that The Dark Knight was written by David S Goyer, writer and director of Blade 3, while Inception was actually written by Nolan.

Sound levels between action scenes and dialoug scenes is way off.

Many movies are gulity of this shit though, but its annoying.

there's that thing about how his dialogue kinda suck too

exposition is just a tool

its not as good as dreamscape

>plot is a pleb complaints

kek

It's about dreams but the movie it's just a flatly grey realistic urban thriller.

It had to end

youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4

Caring about plot is for plebs.

Film is a visual medium.

this is postkino

Nobody else seems to share this view, absolutely based.

everything about it is shit that has been done better in many other movies

the imdb praise this movie gets pisses me off

It's a movie about dreams, but I never feel like I'm in one.

Nolan squanders the idea of a dreamworld in which the deeper into the hole you go the stranger it gets, but instead of being interesting, it's just dudes with machine guns chasing people around modern earth. Complete hack of a film maker.

Cuck

this could be interesting

>plot doesn't matter at all
lmaoooo

it expected the audience to take it seriously. i don't like movies that expect a certain sense of it from the audience. i realize this post of mine may not make sense but it is the main reason i didn't like it.

The dreams were way too accessable and very easy to control. You'd say that takes skill, but all these lowlife renegades learn it like it's nothing. Also they hire the girl for her mazeskills, but they barely show any of her work or the output of it. Also the dangers of the dream infiltration were too low and easily avoided
>in your dreams you can do anything
>except repell invaders
>they will just lose your mindguardians in a carchase through your downtown cortex
>also your unconsciousness can't aim for shit

Just watch Paprika if you want weird stuff

>oh this magic dream machine? its just military tech xD

how lazy can you be

It's a different take. Films like Paprika have already done the whole "dude dreams are batshit insane" thing, Inception deliberately takes place in dreams that are 90% realistic but with slightly twisted logic. They were pretty clear with what they were intending. They only repeated "dreams feel real when you're in them" a dozen times.

>it's just dudes with machine guns chasing people around modern earth
it could have been a good sequel to the matrix
instead it's just pretentious bullshit filled with characters i couldn't give a shit about

The entire thing is garabge.

no "movie connoisseur" has ever thought this needs more exposition, so saying there's too much of it, which there is in every noland flick, is not pleb, you retardo plebbozoid

pleb detected.

came here to say this lmao

This 1000 times.

Burton's pinky finger has more creativity than 10 of Nolan's brains.

There's a ton.

It's funny when it turns into a GI Joe Arctic Attack Playset for an act.

Inception is funny because it's a great heist movie with some clever ideas even if the transitions and exposition are a little muddled but it got written off as another sci fi movie.
Then Argo came along and was essentially a worse heist movie with worse performances and less tension overall and it won an Oscar.

Argo is a better film but a much worse flick

Yea, but if you do have a plot make sure it's good.

meaningless bullshit aside, Argo was much less memorable and interesting than Inception in every way.
The sheen of historicity doesn't do anything to change that it wasn't very good and was chosen because Lincoln got too overhyped.

>clever ideas

This is really all Nolan's good for. His movies have an interesting or half-interesting premise, then the execution, especially the dialogue and exposition, is amateurish, clumsy and unremarkable. Pretty much all his movies go by this pattern.

>caring about oscars
kill yourself

also, they're both mediocre

Inception, like most Nolan is only memorable for a couple cool set pieces. Swirly hallway from Paprika and the city folding. Otherwise cold exposition dump cliche fest. At least Argo is a tense, well executed look at a strange political, historical happening.

I don't think they're super important for much but they give a lot of insight into the current views on film.

except this idea is nothing original

>the cell
>lathe of heaven
>matrix
>altered states
>paprika

Worst movie I've ever seen in my life along with Drive.
Only God Forgives is patrician as fuck though.

Yeah I really wouldn't know if his premises are original. The Bat trilogy is another example--placing a comic book character in a "serious" realistic setting is the clever idea there. In retrospect I don't think it worked well.

This, Nolan doesn't know how to explain things without dialogues that are clearly exposition. Personally, it takes me out of the movie when characters are talking like if they knew I was there and trying to understand them, and they 'act' like i'm not there. I think it is worse than actual exposition, i like actual ecposition like in scorsese's movies. Interstellar suffers even more from this.

It confused a 'complex plot' with a 'deep plot'.

not an original idea, ripped off from an anime. he even confessed this himself.