Ask an Aussie cop anything - Part 3

Ask an Aussie cop anything - Part 3

whats worse the abos that have been there for ever, or the mudslime that's recently arrived?

I get this a lot, from my experience abo's are not generally as bad as the newer immigrant.
They come here with zero respect for the australian law, at least the abo's have a sense of pride in australia and, to a degree, respect the police.
- of course there are always shitbags from any background

What kind of gun do you carry?
- Amerifag

Have you ever shot a crocodile mate

While on general duties i carry a .40 calibre smith & wesson.

haha funny you should ask that, but yes, i have!

badge with timestamp piggy otherwise fuck off

When you apply to be a cop, would they search hard enough to find out you went on Sup Forums?

Fuck yeh m80

what state?

lol yep

Done in the previous two threads, and don't have it on me today as im not working.

Applying for the first time as general duties, they would not care, not talking about active cases or any sensitive info.
Even applying for security clearance to join the AFP i highly doubt they would care.

Victoria,

go get your graduation plaque then and timestamp that
>inb4 another excuse eg. i'm not home

1. What kind of crime is on the rise that the majority of people are unaware of?
2. What laws would you want to change?
3. My mate says that a speeding ticket can be attributed to a visiting overseas relative to avoid losing points or even paying. Does this actually work?
4. Are bikies still a problem?
5. Am I allowed to fuck a girl in a dark city alley?
Thanks mate.

ah yeah that explains it

What do you carry in your vest when your on duty?

m8 fuck off i don't need to prove shit to you

I'm thinking of joining and heading to highway patrol, should I do it?

Exactly what i did in the first thread, time stamped it at like 12.30am. And no, im not home, otherwise i'd have my wallet and my badge on me.

...and there's that cunty cop attitude

While i did not write this, he took the words right out my mouth.

how does it feel to be outgunned by an average, slightly overweight american?

How hard is It to join the police force?
And what state are you in?

See

anyone can walk in off the street and become a police officer as long as you haven't been arrested for anything before.

Victoria

How can someone avoid being searched if they get pulled over?

1. hmmm...nothing the news has not really reported...the highest rise is the carjackings and home invasions.
2. drug laws, sentencing periods, capital punishment.
3. hmm....it would depends whos looking at the case, if they where lazy and did not want to bother looking into it you may get away.
4. not as much as a few years back, still have problems but its a lot better now ( depending where you go anyway )
5. assuming we are working on the idea she is conscious and ok with it..and no one else is around.... who am i to ruin a blokes good night.

have you sought revenge on the dudes that picked on you in high school which led you to become a pig?

OC spray, torch, note pad and books, gun mags, the general kind of stuff, nothing exciting.

I want to join the western Australian police force do you know if it is the same over there?

How do you feel about concealed carry for citizens? ie. Should self defence be a reason to carry a weapon?

Highway patrol is both good and bad, the work is a lot "easier" then some other branches, but you get a lot of the worst cops from my experience working in HP, it all becomes about giving tickets, and i personally think thats not what being a cop is about.

A little sad....they are some sexy guns my friend

I'm 15 and hoping both to become a cop, and move to Australia. But, I've got severe depression (no history of suicide attempts, but I have been on many medications) and my father (whom i haven't had physical contact with since i was 6 and verbal contact since 12(?)) was arrested for domestic abuse, dui, making meth, having 60+ weapons (most owned illegally), and a ton of other shit. His brother, my uncle, was arrested for drugging an 18 year old girl and kidnapping and raping her while his friend recorded it about 5 years ago. I can't imagine it'd be easy, or even possible to become an officer with all of that following me. Your thoughts?

Assuming you can pass the entrance exam ( which is a lot easier than when i joined ) and pass the basic fitness and interviews, its a fairly straight forward process.

Youd have to give a good reason in the first place, if your pulled over for a random check ( which is not random 99% of the time but that's what we tell you ) you would be very unlikley to be searched.

Nah i was pretty well liked in high school...gave my old maths teacher a speeding ticket once though?

From what i know it's more or less the same, different entrance exam requirements i would think.

I would love to see concealed carry for all ( not insane ) members of the public.
In a life and death situation i may be hauling ass at 200km down the highway to get to you, but if someone on scene can control the situation as its happening, that would make everyones life a lot easier, and safer.

First let me say I'm sorry you had to deal with this shitty family.
While that sounds bad, most of it does not pertain to you personally, and would not effect an application.
The only thing i see would be being on anti depression meds, this would be addressed during your pysc exam which is the 2nd last process in the application, and it would be here if anywhere they may refuse entry, its all taken on a case by case basis.

Thanks for your input. And thank you very much for your service to the public. That takes guts.

How diverse is your workplace (Gay people, black people, Jewish people)? And what's your opinion on non white people? There are a surprising amount of racist cops in my town.

No problem, hope it all goes well.

Across the board its everything is pretty well covered, the station i work at has 2 gay guys, a gay woman, an African so black we loose him at night, VicPol as a whole is very accommodating, from personal experience anyway.
I've touched on this in a previous thread, while im not racist in anyway, i make my assumptions off experience and statistics.
I hear a carjacking over the raido, i think Sudanese or African.
i hear drunk in public, i think white dudes.
Once you've been doing this job for a while you quickly learn there are amazing people, and total scumbags from every walk of life.

What is the worst thing you've seen?

What's the youngest human corpse you've ever seen (in person)?

Do you like americans?

Can answer both of these in one,
Kids in car accidents / domestic violence cases is by far the worst thing you can come across.
The youngest deceased call i'v been too was when i was the first on scene to a fatal where a drunk had crossed double lines in the fog and done a head on with a family of 4, mum dad and older boy survived with serious injury's, 7 month old baby girl in the back. seatbelt holding her carseat in snapped and she went full force into the window.
She was barely alive when i got there and died while i was giving CPR.

Love em, never met a yank i didn't get along with and i'd love to go over there sometime.