Best rapper of all time

Best rapper of all time

wiggers will hang too

o/

Probably

by technical skill i'd say he is, but storytelling or profundity or any sort of message he's not at all the best

STAN

true

>cucked hipster white bois will disagree

name a better technical rapper than eminem

this is now a GOAT thread, post your top 5

>Eminem
>Kanye
>Mos Def
>Notorious BIG
>Pusha T

>but storytelling or profundity or any sort of message he's not at all the best
He actually is the best there as well. And his song Stan is proof of this

>one great storytelling song makes you one of the best storyteller rappers
Ghostface has tons of stories with vivid imagery, as does Nas or Biggie

Name A song with better storytelling than Stan

mf doom

true

Viper is better

i laughed so hard. thank you user

slick rick - childrens story
biggie gimme the loot
ghostface whip you with a strap/ wildflower/ malcolm
Kendrick How much a dollar cost

at least when eminem does multi-syllabic rhymes he stays on beat

Wrong pic OP

Informer > any song by slim anus

why he wearing makeup tho

snow goes harder than waka flocka

Obviously the GOAT

M R W O R L D W I D E

Muse

Go home kids.

kek

Eminem

people here mentioning technical skill and not a single word about doseone.. pff.. I thought this place was filled with wannabe patricians

>Brother Ali
>Aesop Rock
>MF Doom
>Fatlip
>Soul Position

Fuck yeah. I appreciate that some people don't like not being able to understand most of his songs upon even a third listen, which is valid, but I love them so much after a bit of studying. Once you know it, it's like a part of you. They're so fucking good.

me nigga

Mike Shinoda
Hopsin
Eminem
Slim Shady
Snoop Dogg

Only list that matters

Aesop Rock, by a mile.

Snoop Dogg is good though

Jake Paul

this
i like doom, but dude's flow gets fucked completely when he focuses on complicated rhyme schemes

fyi half of his lyrics are literally meaningless but definitely poetic (and yes i do like him)

>king of Rock is Elvis
>king of Rap is Eminem
>king of Jazz is Paul Whiteman
>King of Pop is Michael Jackson after turning white

When will black people just give up? Music is an endless series of losses for them.

I have little to no comprehension of the rap genre: The Thread

Kanye West is easily better than Eminem.

Eminem is unnecessarily verbose to the point where he purposely obfuscates his message, not in an effort to be open to interpretation, but as a result of trying to squash as many multisyllabic rhymes in his lyrics. Surely his lyricism and ability to construct complex rhyme schemes is a testament to his talent, however the finished products severely lack diversity from the rest of his portfolio, and he's done nothing that is actually avant-garde to the point that it influences other artists and expands the genre.

He is not the greatest lyricist, his music lacks any notion of diversity besides the divide between being a self-depreciative victim and a self-depreciative edgelord, and he hasn't made any noticeable impact of the sound of his genre. Without a doubt he is a great rapper, and should be recognized as such, but to call him the greatest is to be myopic.

I agree, but I'm a huge Kanye fan and Eminem is the better rapper. However Kanye is ten times the musician

its got to the point on this site that i cant understand if posts like this are sarcastic

>king of rock is Hendrix imo
>king of rap is either kendrick or kanye
>king of jazz is either john coltrane or miles davies
>king of pop is sort of redundant because it depends on the era

Used to be a huge Eminem stan, but Kendrick really surpassed him and Kanye, and with the dudes new material, I've gotten to the point where I enjoy Kanye more than Eminem. Although, my top fav list I'd say

Kendrick
Eminem
Tupac
Kanye
Biggie

Someone rate my list, no particular order

Eminem
A boogie wit da hoodie
Lil Uzi vert
Tupac
The weeknd
Kodak black
Drake

lyrical miracle spiritual individual
criminal
subliminal in your swimming pool

Slim Shady
Eminem
Cage
Aesop Rock
Eyedea

A boogie is trash and the weeknd is a singer

A boogie isn't trash though, his songs aren't also overwhelmed by the music. The weeknd raps some songs and I like it

post yours then faggot

kill yourself

Why? What's wrong with a boogie?

DOOM
GZA
El-P
KENDRICK
ANDRE

^this is indisputable.

El-P is bad at rapping

his music is going to age fucking horribly

>your opinions are reddit!
>posts Doom, El-P and Kendrick
you have excellent taste in rappers but not in insults

>king of rock was a flame out who lasted a few years
>king of rap are two people built way into the modern era instead of foundational
>king of jazz are two people built way into the era of re-stylized bebop instead of foundtational
>didn't check the specific meaning of redudant
maximum wew

what's special about him? he sounds exactly like every other trash tier soundcloud rapper who abuses autotune software.

How?

GZA and Kanye are also arguably bad at rapping, but from a standpoint of production, EL has been extremely influential and hasn't fallen off like most rappers from the early 90s did. from a technical angle, his production chops make him an easy top five for me, plus his style of rap (pre-rtj when he totally switched up) has always had enough substance that his shortcomings in terms of delivery were tolerable.

dude just wait like 3 years and you'll see what I mean
I honestly just used that image to get responses since these list threads are usually super monotonous

What do you think about Kodak black?

hasn't released a listenable album since 2002

a rapper nobody will care about in 2 years.

kodak is fine but his white fans are seriously fucking stupid and his music has had a pretty big dip in quality. also as a person he is just awful (he's literally banned from South Carolina for fucking raping a girl) and I don't think his music makes up for it. I hate to say this, but based on his track record I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up behind bars for a long time.

more like Kodak Hack

Interesting, how about lil yachty?

at this point, lil yachty seems like much less of a musician, and instead is a public figure. I think his music isn't that great, but since he's such a positive person, it would be unfair to completely hate him, plus he fucking destroyed Soulja boy that one time.

Good listing skills, I'd say, seven out of ten, because you didn't put them in an order.
So yeah, 7/10 on listing.

Adult Swim TV show, or something like that, in 5 years, max. It's clear music is just a stepping stone for him.

True, I've been watching his interviews and the way he talks. He seems like the best personality of all modern rappers

Thanks, I don't usually listen to rap, but then I do, it's these

Do we agree that lil Uzi vert sucks and his only good song was XO tour life ?

But that's not Skepta

I fucking hate that song. I don't get it at all.
>all my friends are dead push me to the edge

skepta's career this past year is living proof that British rap can't crossover to the mainstream.

Idk, but I really like that song. It's one of those types of songs I guess

When putting top 10 lists together they should look something like this:

Notorious B.I.G.
Big L
Eminem
Nas
Rakim
Kanye
Kendrick
MF Doom
Common
Tupac

and Jay Z should never be included in the top 10

Kanye is a shitty rapper

You're fucking retarded if you don't think this is subjective. Also you just posted top ten when everyone else did 5. Also your taste is way too narrow sorry familia

Ghost

what does anyone think of Bad Meets Evil?

1. Ghost
2. Prime LL
3. Slick Rick

Contrived, both were past their prime when they really got into this project.

Eminem is a fantastic story teller, and amazing technical rapper, but I listened to some of his stuff again recently annnd it doesn't really resonate when you're grown. Listen to Kim again. Like what the fuck dude. I'm just imagining the recording process and everything.

do you think Royce has a bit of a way to go, however?

best thing em has done since relapse its not anything amazing but its not dogshit like recovery, mmlp2

>Del the funky homosapien
>Danny Brown
>Mos Def
>MF DOOM
> Earl Sweatshirt
All in no particular order

>Go home kids.
>post literal middle school-core

I like earl sweatshirt.

>Best rapper of all time*

when on drugs