I've been having really bad shortness of breath for the past 3-4 months...

I've been having really bad shortness of breath for the past 3-4 months. I have to inhale through my mouth until I get a good breath (hurr hurr mouthbreather), anyway I was wondering, will an outpatient emergency room conduct drug tests if I pee in a cup or get my blood draw?

The problem is, I'm addicted to morphine and I don't want to lose my insurance or be like blacklisted for controlled substances from doctors. I don't inject the morphine, so there won't be any trackmarks or obvious signs of drug use.

I think something might be wrong with my liver or kidneys too.

Bump.

what state user?

>addicted to morphine
>good working liver or kidney
Choose one faggot

Does it mattter?

yes

illinois

My advice would be be to try not to be visibly high when you go in and if hey ask say you have "insert condition" and lie about it.

I was on h heavy and had to go in for a week and they never said a word to me

plus they gave me oxy's on the way out so there is that

as you know i'm sure, morphine is a respiratory inhibitor so it may be acute intoxication

you say 3-4 months, do you think it is related to the intakes of morphin or is it like this all the time ?

Was it like a hospital ER?

The ER i would be going too would be like outpatient or something.

do you get your shit from a dr ??

in France, if you're not looking high or intoxicated they should have no reason to test for drugs (whether it is pee or blood that they take you)

Idk? It started 3-4 months ago, but I had been using every day at least a year prior to it starting.

I feel like it may make it worse, but it's still unbearable before I dose.

No, it's complicated. Just assume I'm doing something like opium.

plus a doctor should be able to talk with you without being rude or judgmental

ya i crashed my bike so i went in er for 8 hours then they moved me up stairs gave me duludid too i was in heaven...kek

do you have trouble with inhaling or exhaling ?

Why take urine if not to test for drugs?

Also if they find out my liver or kidneys are fucked, wouldn't they decide to test for drugs anyway?

did you up your dosage at that time ?

heroin addict trash

Inhaling.

dude I just told you I was on H

you take pills ..smoke....shoot

Yeah I guess that's around the time I started doing my current dose.

But I've used a very low dose and it still kicks off the near panic attack symptoms.

It's oral morphine.

urine could be taken to see your renal fonction, your hydratation balance, check if there is a urinary tract infection, or check for diabetes for example
and if your kidney is fucked i think they will first check for hepatitis, viral for the most part, or from alcoohol consumption

ok ok you should be fine user ..like I said I was doing a bun a day and they never said a word asked and i said no was the end of it

Before I started using morphine, I drank every day for 3 years.

I really am fucked aren't I.

Not to mention the countless pills I've take since I was 16, hydrocodone, tramadol, codeine.

I can call my oldlady she in a ER nurse??

I'm likely taking .5-.75 grams of morphine a day... Maybe even a full gram or more idk.

It's not a small dose my friend. Divide that by two and you have my dose in heroin.

what I mean is :
if you don't tell them about your addiction
if they can't see injection marks, or signs of acute intoxication as myosis, or else

they souldn't suspect it

My biggest question is, will I lose my insurance if they find out I'm on drugs.

I don't know, it is a good idea to see a doctor to check it man...
I only know the politics about drug addicts in France, I can't tell you about other countries

a bun is a gram newfriend

Sorry I don't take heroin. I honestly might, because I don't want to have to go 2 weeks or more in withdrawal.

Ok called my chick she ER nurse in nj

she said no ..unless you tell them ...or they think you are high inc wont pay for it for no reason ...

Well NJ has a huge heroin problem, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was common there.

>mfw every where has a big H prob....

I can tell you how to clean up in one week and you wont be sick much at all ///

How?

All I have is gabapentin and 3 ativan. I'm fucked.

get 4 subs and take um every day for one week less and less every day 7 days stop...you will feel a little shit be NOT THE FUCKIN HELL YOUR USED TO

>I was a pill and h head for 4 years and know the hell stopping is

have you tried kratom?

I have done it like 7 times this chick showed me ...you will be grumpy as hell ( you know why ...not high) ....but you can function

Kratom doesn't do shit for me.

I think my opiate tolerance is too high.

na hard it was shit way to week

the sub deal is tits...trust user just ask your guy or someone you know who uses too

Enjoy your sudden death in the next few months.
Retard.

I haven't been getting high for the last 6 months anyway.

It's illegal to turn you in for it. HIPPA is a complete silence of anything patient related. Even if they tested the most they could do is offer different options and withhold certain medications. Never lie about a condition or say you have something and you don't. They could confront you but absolutely no one else without your permission. On the other hand they may put you on lock down for "overdose" and send you without your permission to get help with what ever drug you're taking. And before you fuckheads say shit about being wrong I've been a nurse for 10 years in an ER myself I know what they can and can't fucking do.

Excuse me. HIPAA. I mistyped.

My dose is pretty high, if they test me and see the amount I've been taking, would they hold me even if I wasn't showing and real dangerous signs of overdose?

Because "overdose" is subjective as fuck depending on your tolerance.

Shortness of breath is a side effect of morphine dipshit

This wasn't happening the entire 14 months I was using before it started, why start now?/

Quit being a faggot, if you're addicted fo morphine you would never give two fucking fucks about ever going to a doctors office. You licking the fucking iv bag? Shut the fuck up with your baby back bullshit. No fucking hospital or er is gonna have you piss in a cup or file a police report if you have insurance. They'll make you lay in a bed and sleep whatever the fuck it is off and send you on your way the next day. Quit being a faggot and chickity check yo self b4 u wreck yo self

What job do you do?

Shortness of breath and limited lung capacity is a side effect of an OD of almost any pill or drug to be honest. It sounds like you had a minor OD

>minor OD

Kek

They would test you see the amount in your system and assume they are linked and lock you down pretty much immediately.

This has been happening literally every day, all day, for the past 3-4 months.

The only solace I get is when I finally fall asleep.

you are safe ........if you feel you need to go go

No you don't understand... I've been using every day, but I haven't been getting high, because my tolerance is sky high.

Major OD results in you shitting your pants, drooling and extreme weekness, or you know would die.

Maybe using only gets something in your lungs worse. What's your job? Age?

Could last a very long time until you're fully recovered.

My job isn't relevant, it's nothing that would give me lung problems like asbestos or something.

I'm mid 20s.

OD means you took more than the dose you're supposed to. Nothing less, nothing more.

What do you mean, when I am 100% clean? What do you mean by recovered?

Do you smoke? Had any other problems lungs related when you were younger? Like pneumonia or shit like that? How much do you weight?

I quit smoking 3 months ago.

No lung problems when I was younger.

I had pneumonia about 2 years ago. And I weigh 240.

My buddy died from past opioid pill use. He never injected, only snorted and smoked. He was even clean when he died. He complained of shortness of breath. One day he woke up and said he couldn't breathe; that he was drowning. He died because his lungs had filled with fluid over time.

Get your shit checked out and tell the doctor the truth. Or die, whatever I guess, it's up to you.

How long was he complaining about shortness of breath?

Dr. Medfag at your service. In the ED we regularly test for drugs in your urine, depending on what you present with. It's the doctors discretion. With that as your complaint I wouldn't bother. The urine drug screen cannot tell us how much opiates you do, it's just positive or negative. Lastly, nobody is going to give a shit if you are positive, it's not like your insistence company will hire an investigator to make sure that you weren't prescibed any pain med in the days leading up to you presenting to the ED. That's paranoid nonsense.

Maybe you have COPD and the morphine is worsening the symptoms. You could go to a gym and get a sport certificate, they test your lungs there and you could see if something is wrong. I don't know if they do this in the US thought

A few weeks I think, I hadn't talked to him in awhile. Another friend was there when it happened and heard everything from him.

Don't freak out or anything, just get it checked out. Tell the doctor it's hard to breathe, if he asks have you used drugs, say yes. Even ask him what he's allowed to tell your insurance, he won't/can't say shit, he wants paid too.

Oh, and secondly, don't go to the fucking emergency room! You don't have a goddamn emergency. Go to a clinic. It will cost you a hell of a lot less, and it pisses us off taking care of nonemergent bullshit

Why would I tell them I use?

What good would that do? They can test my organs and shit if something is wrong, they don't need to know if I'm getting high or not.

It's not like a real ER at a hospital. I guess the correct term would be a clinic?

The point is I don't have to make an appointment and can just walk in.

Yes they do

And why is that? So they don't prescribe me controlled substances? Fuck that, not a good enough reason.

You sure you aren't getting cheated by your dealer there? I've been on long-term Dilaudid for medical purposes before, and was taking. up to 4mg 4 times a day. And doctors said that they had me on the max dose possible there. Which I don't doubt, considering I was having it for pain from having my stomach cut open.15mg of Dilaudid is equal to 60mg of Morphine. Which is 0.06g. The absolute highest dose daily of Dilaudid I've found is TECHNICALLY 24mg, although that would be if you woke up every 4 hours to take it or didn't sleep, as well as usually only being given when an inpatient. Even then, that's only about 0.1g of Morphine. So either you are being cheated by your dealer, you have the heart, lungs, and liver of a god, or you're a spoopy skeleton.

Also, if you were overdosing on opium-based medicine, you'd probably barely even realize it. I overdosed on IV Dilaudid once (fool doctor gave me a self-inject machine for it, lol), and I didn't even realize it. I thought I was doing fine, but the doctor came in and almost immediately could tell. My breathing, heart rate, etc were all in dangerous ranges, but I felt like I was doing just fine.

No it's not. You're not addicted to morphine, you're a poser

Because to do my work i need information. Morphine might worsening something you have, or hiding pain. I personally don't give a shit if someone's using but I need to know.

Guy who just posted about Dilaudid overdose here...
YES, they DO need to know if you're taking drugs, because if these issues are being caused by an overdose, they have specific medicines and procedures to COUNTER the overdose. There is literally a medicine made to counter opium-based drug ODs. If you withhold info from your doc, expect to not get treated. They can't fix something if they don't know what to fix.

Holy crap. If you're 5 foot 5 or shorter, you're extremely obese. If you're between 5'5" and 6'3", then you're obese. Unless you're like, around 6'10", then you're overweight.

You smoked until 3 months ago. You're an opium-based drug addict. You've had pneumonia... It's a miracle your lungs are even pumping enough air to keep you conscious.

Lose some weight, quit the drugs like you did the smoking, and maybe then you'll feel better.

>If you withhold info from your doc, expect to not get treated.

Ok well define "withhold info", because what if they ask me if I use and I say no, they test my blood or urine and find out I do. Would they be mad? What if I just play it off as if I was afraid to tell them because of my insurance or that they'd tell the police? I'm very good at feigning ignorance and appearing naive.

I want to get back on my adderall, but I can't until I figure out what this breathing problem is, because it would probably exacerbate the problem.

I haven't been on my adderall for over a year because my psych stopped working at the place I was going to and I haven't bothered to find a new one. Ever since then I've put on 40 lbs. Before that, I put on 40 lbs from drinking.

I used to be a normal 160 lb person 5 years ago. Feelsbadman.

They'll laugh at your idiotic attempt to feign ignorance. You think ER nurses and doctors haven't ever had someone like you come in and try to act all innocent when they've OD'd? They'll just laugh at you behind your back for trying to fool them. Sure, they'd treat you, but that's if they specifically looked for that stuff in blood and urine analysis, and found it. Just quit being a pussy and admit to them that you take drugs recreationally. It's better than suffocating to death even if you end up spending a night in county.

I haven't fucking OD'd for christ sake, drop that bs.

If I'm ODing right now, then I've been ODing every single day for the past 5-6 months.

If it's your insurance you're worried about, go in and claim to be homeless, and say you don't have any ID. Then give them a fake name. That way you can give them the truth about your drug use so they can properly diagnose you, but it won't get back to your insurance company either.

Yeah but then how would my insurance company pay for the visit...?

Er... they wouldn't. If you're homeless and have no insurance or ID, they can't legally turn you away. They have to treat you.

So you're around 5'8" to 6'2-3"? Yeah, you're obese at the very least. Quit the drugs. Quit the drinking. Stay away from smoking. Find a new doc and get back on your adderall, Exercise at least semi-regularly to keep your lungs strong since you've had pneumonia.

You seriously need to make some major life changes ASAP, or you'll be lucky to even see 60. Seriously, if you don't keep your body in shape, you're in for a LOT of crap later in life since you've had pneumonia. Don't know how bad it damaged your lungs, but it makes any lung issues much easier to get.

Fuck...

They wanted me to get follow-up xrays after I had the pneumonia but I never went... I hope I didn't miss something serious.

I quit drinking over a year ago though.

You clearly don't realize how stuff works here... Stuff builds up in your system, and needs time to wear off before more is introduced. If you seriously have so much Morphine every day, you've DEFINITELY been building it up in your system. Think of it this way. Say your body can normally safely use .8g of Morphine a day. But you take 1g. Over the course of that day, your body would naturally work through that .8g, but couldn't finish going through the last .2g. Then you add another 1g the next day. Those leftover amounts add up. Of course, this is a rather simplified way of putting it, which also makes it seem much more rapid, but that's how it works.

With my Dilaudid IV OD, it was because while I COULD take it every I think 10 minutes, they didn't expect me to, specifically because it would build up over time, and then after so many doses it should take longer before I needed another. Problem was, I enjoy Dilaudid, so I just kept upping my pain relief. So even with legal doses, it's possible to build up too much in your system to then hit an OD, so with your high usage, you could have very easily already hit your OD point with it. You can build up to an OD over 5-6 months if you're very consistent with your doses. There's a reason there's so much training behind being able to give this stuff.

Op you are lucky I saw this thread I was just about to sleep.

Former drug addict here. Any fucking time I'd do heroin or a morphine based opiate I would have breathing problems like you that would lead to pneumonia. I have been on and off heroin so many times not bevause of wanting to quit, because I literally had to!

If you aren't going to quit morphine switch to a different opiate like oxy for instance. Also go to the doc and get an inhaler asap, this is the best advice you'll get. I know my shit

You don't seem to understand.

I've been experiencing my symptoms for 3-4 months now. I've these symptoms are signs of OD, then you're implying that I've been ODing on the fucking daily for 3-4 months, which I highly highly doubt. I would have died already.

Am I wrong, or are we just not understanding each other?

Thanks man, I was going to get an inhaler later today when the sun rises and I can go to this doctor.

I'm hoping it's just asthma tbh. And I'm hoping an inhaler would relieve this shortness of breath, because if this doesn't go away in 2 months, or I don't find out what it is, I am legitimately going to lie my head on the train tracks and die because I cannot take this shit any longer.

So you're at least on a good start. You've quit smoking and drinking. Now work on quitting the Morphine (protip: don't stop it cold. Slowly cut back your dosage over a decent period of time, or else you're gonna have a REALLY bad time. I recently went off Hydrocodone to get tests done for a back surgery, and my doctor did it at an acceptable, although fast, rate, and it made me feel constantly hot (I weigh 130-140, and am 5'7". Mid to low range of the Normal part of the BMI scale) to the point I was wearing shorts and T-shirts when going out in the Illinois winter. My memory was garbage as my brain rewired itself. I had to adjust my reflexes, etc. You're clearly dependent on Morphine, and being dependent on these kinds of drugs will make your system all crazy while you feel perfectly normal.

But talk to your doctor about those xrays. You have insurance, so if a doctor tells you to do something, DO IT. They don't just make people do things to make money. And really, even though stuff is expensive (which insurance should cover a lot of), a lot of the money goes to paying off keeping equipment up-to-date, paying nurse salaries, keeping licenses up-to-date, and paying off the HUGE debt they get going to medical school.

Like I said, the build-up to an OD can be very slow. Which means that some symptoms that are warning signs for an OD can appear and last for while before the OD. Shortness of breath doesn't wait until the OD to happen. An opium-based OD is something that essentially slows down your body to the point it won't function properly. One of the first things that slows down is the heart and lungs. It can be gradual though. Shortness of breath is usually one of the things doctors tell you to see them about when taking opioids. because it's a sign that an OD is slowly starting.

Just quit being a puss and go to your ER if your breathing is worrying you this much, and own up to stuff. If I remember right, the Hippocratic Oath prevents the doctors from selling you out to the police and such things. The only time a urine test will get you nailed by the cops in the ER is if you're in there for something like a car wreck or something where the police are already involved.

One more question.

If they find out I'm on drugs, will I be put into some kind of system where I am blacklisted from receiving controlled substances that get you high like opiates or benzos?

Or does doctor/patient confidentiality protect that?

I don't do drugs but the same thing happened to me. It drove me nuts. I felt like I had to take a deep breath, because I needed to breath, after taking the deep breath I felt ok, seconds after id feel the same way, like I couldn't breathe. I went to Dr, told me it was all in my head lulz. And, it was. As soon as he said that, I could breathe. Im not hypochondriac, not crazy, etc. The brain can really fuck with you sometimes. Mine also lasted about 3 to 4 months before I finally went to Dr. I bet you are experiencing the same thing I did. Its all in your head.