Tell me Sup Forums, does drinking help you deal with life?

Tell me Sup Forums, does drinking help you deal with life?

yes

How so?

Drinking helps to forget about life.

I've found weed actually helps me deal with it.

Wait, so do you forget who you are?
Does that have any effects on your intelligence in the long run?
Cause I think that would just make my life worse for a few measly hours a day of peace.

No.... being stoned does however there is a massive withdrawl after you've been sober for a couple of days, pretty fucking angry these days

I thought weed wasn't physically addictive.

no, it just makes me feel good and lets me enjoy my time between work more.

no, it doesn't.

if your life was good enough to talk down to people who drink, you wouln't be on Sup Forums

I'm not talking down to you.
I'm trying to weigh the costs and benefits of alcoholism.
I'm an autistic fuck, so finding meaning from human interaction is out of the question, so I was wondering if I could find solace in the bottle.

you don't give a shit about who you are or your job or life, you're just getting fucked up and having a good time, even if you're alone...often times until you get so shit faced that you come full circle and remember everything in your life that sucks and you become a pathetic puddle of stupid, making promises to change that fade away before you lose consciousness for the night

if you're intelligent enough to stop it won't effect your intelligence

want me to be honest? I'm an extremely social person, with extreme motivation problems. I dropped out of college because instead of going to class I played diablo and boozed up. Now I have many people i consider close friends but I only have time to hang out with the 1-3 closest ones once or twice a week and drink with them. or I play counterstrike and drink a bunch so i can pretend i'm drinking with them. and i skip drinking lots of nights so i can do better and hope to move up in my job

with the money i make i'd live like a king in most of america, but i live where i live and therefore i'm at my parents' house living paycheck to paycheck

drinking makes my day to day life way more interesting and fun, but long-term if i saved the money i spend on alcohol (i'm a beer drinker, it's expensive) then i'd travel a lot and shit

my advice is find some people online to vidya with on the regular, with voice chat. great way to have regular, quality human interaction while hiding your autism

So it doesn't make things better?
Just masks the pain.

I guess what I'm really asking is do you regret picking up the habit?

Yes, in that it keeps me alive. How else do you ingest water?

yep.

specifically, it helps me deal with my high maintenance gf with anxiety, depression and anger issues.

>I guess what I'm really asking is do you regret picking up the habit?

nah. i picked it up as a social thing and it stuck. i'm in the bro-school of drinking, not the hardcore alcoholic school. it makes the time i have for social interaction that much more fun.

Been saving up for a rig.
Most of the time I just play single player because before I used an Xbox, which requires a subscription for online multi-player, and I never really got into it.
But soon that won't be the case, so I'll try that.

>meaning from human interaction
what the fuck does that even mean, I've honestly never met anyone interesting in my life. I mean like truly interesting that went out did things by themselves, built campfires and shit etc. Arent people just full of shit walking through the motions?

Haha
Is that the reaction you were looking for?

That's what I always thought, but I just figured I was the problem.
Everyone seems to be getting along just fine.

I have two of those.
But I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons here.