Last year psychology student here. Ask me anything

Last year psychology student here. Ask me anything.

What generally makes up the psychology of a road rager?

Is it a good career path? I want to be a neuro-psychologist.

Why do you waste your time and/or money on such a pointless field?

Can have several reasons. Could be that someone has an anti social personality disorder, but probably not. But in a car you are sort of anonymous, so if you are angry you are more likely to act out when your identity is hidden. Also generally having a bad temper or personality. When we are in a car (especially big/expensive once) we tend to feel safer, thus taking more risk

Depends on where you live I guess, tho neural psychology here (the netherlands) is a way better choice than clinical psychology

I live in the Massachusetts in the US.

How much do you know about Jordan Peterson? Does he seem like a good scientist to you?

So you decided AGAINST actually earning real money, or learning a real science, huh? Real talk, psychology is more art than science, so way to go plebe!

1. I really like it.
2. I do organisational psychology which in my country is the one field of psychology where I will most likely get a well paying job.
3. After I'm done studying I want to start a company specializing in giving social training, career development and organisational advise.

What is the best way to improve temper/patience?

What country do you live in?

Wouldn't you be fun to pick apart.

Not sure how high your chances are, i would say start looking up jobs. A friend of mine is also studying this field, he secured a job for himself by making a name, he's an honors student with excellent grades. Also he volunteers at several institutes.

The Netherlands

What do you think about the criticsm raised against the limitations of psychology - namely, that the individual practicioner carries an ideological bias that colors his approach to the field and perception of the patients.

In other words, isn't psychology subjectively defined rather than an objective field of study?

does everyone have autism here?

>Jordan Peterson
Never heard of him, he isnt in any of my study books. have to do research first.

Where's my sock? I lost it yesterday, and can't seem to find it.

Probably mindfulness training, meditating ect. Acting out anger by breaking things fro example will make it worse. Also boxing might be a good sport to do, cause in boxing you learn to control your anger and focus on technique.

Some more info on my friend. He focuses on how drugs like mdma, psilocybine can be used for mental disorders. And the effects of those compounds on the brain.

Why do nigs nig?

Are you ready to be in a shit ton of debt, making shit pay at a desk job completely unrelated to your field and start blaming Trump and baby boomers for your problems?

Good one. Yes I'm very aware of the biases that come with this field of study. I would argue that this is a relatively new field of study so there is much to discover. Also western psychology is mostly focused on white males. I guess we have to work on ways to objectify research more.

Probably around 95%

Do you have a good relationship with your sock? Socks tend to go rouge if you don't give them enough love.

This is an answer that I wonder myself. Probably has to do with growing up in a shit neighborhood and being surrounded by people that act this way.

Kek, I worked and study at the same time for the first years. Now I have a paid internship, so no debt for me mate.

Should I become a psychologist or a neuropsychologist?

I dunno what you like most and gives you the best career options. Look up job applications in your country and see wich field has the best opportunities.