FINE DAY! SUNDAY!

FINE DAY! SUNDAY!
Harry Potter Thread?

HOWEVER

Kill yourself, Sup Forums

Inevitable taping of the Cursed Child released when? They've got to be looking at online distribution for that, a couple bucks per rental is way more than any live theatre can pull in.

>tfw potentially decent thread gets one meme and then buried

Inb4 the twat with the book list pasta

Considering most secondary schools in Great Britain are 5 years (age 11-16), I probably would have preferred a shorter series set over 5 books/films. It really started to drag towards the end

>FINE DAY! SUNDAY!
More like dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

You came quick this time

That would be faster. What plots would you cut? The early books set the growing menace well, so I wouldn't cut them. Maybe collapse Chamber and Prisoner into one arc?

Yeah I heard OP was spamming blacked threads again because someone triggered him and I know when thats done he makes one of these pleb threads.

Wow that would be a busy book. Might have been very entertaining. The Basilisk AND The Grim AND Dementors AND Escaped Sirius, wew.
I think 5 and 6 are where it drags hardest for me. They spent a whole book telling Harry "you can't know about this stuff" and then the next book is "Here, you need to know about this stuff". One ending is Sirius dying, the next ending is Dumbledore dying, WE GET IT, VOLDY'S EVIL. Kinda just want to see 5, 6, 7 completely rewritten into a single year.

The thing is that the later books have a lot of the actual important worldbuilding. Sorting out the Order, all the backstory of Dumbledore, Voldy, Snape, and Harry's parents, the infiltration of the Ministry, and the kids maturing and becoming able to fight Voldemort.

Lot of ground to cover in just one year.

uncle saltporker and beefy weefy

Odds of Fantastic Beasts actually being good?

60-40 in favour. I think it'll definitely be kid-aimed but with some off-theme dark moments. It won't be great, but I think it'll be a 7/10, watch and enjoy once, almost entirely forgotten in a couple months unless they do something great with creature design.

>Rowling: "I never said Hermione was white!"
>Proceeds to approve all cover art of Hermione that depicts her as white

I just wasn't really big on the second wizarding war at all. First three books feel so fun, three friends mystery solving in a magical boarding school. After Goblet of Fire, it feels like all the important stuff is happening elsewhere. I might just hate growing up though

>Brave new world
>Low-tier
>Not including Miguel de Cervantes novelas ejemplares
>The picture of Dorian Gray that high

>Which magical item would you like to take, this stone that creates infinite money and makes you immortal or this thing that turns the lights out?

This is stupid.

this board is for adults, /tg/
go to /qst/

Best character y/y

Slytherines have too much work ethic. There's no board for "kind of a twat, but lazy"

I am Slythelpuff

Nope.

>that part where Harry sees Luna's bedroom and it has pictures of all of them surrounded by the word "friends" over and over

The artwork is actuaaly pretty neat and it's nice to see all the different editions.
If I feel like being a functional member of society is too much I might make a short hobby of collecting all the different covers.

the cursed child is fucking horseshit

god i hope rowling will kill herself

That's way too many books. I have a whole first edition US set, the only other ones I'd consider would be the first edition UK ones.

>you will never fuck Luna while she lays perfectly still and dispassionately comments on things around your room

Essentially like having sex with an austistic.

It's not hard to believe that she's somewhere on the spectrum.

He's an excellent actor. I don't know why you would make a Harry Potter thread since it's a commercial film franchise for children that can't have much of an emotional impact unless you never matured past middle school, but the man is a damn good actor.

*was an excellent actor.

My nigger

>worldbuilding
That's not a real component of an intelligent storytelling. If you want to pretend you're a fairy floating around in a magical pixie land then go play a video game; film is a visual art and needs motion and beauty, not autistic detail that helps losers become distracted from their banal and unmagical lives

That's not Evanna.

Isn't it?

Zero, it's a cash grab that only will appeal to manbabies and actual babies

>you can only enjoy hard literature or you're a pleb
What a boring, narrow fucking view to have. There aren't many masterworks of literature, you know. What, maybe a hundred, two? You're going to burn through those in a lifetime and you're going to be left with nothing but a repeat of those experiences. Why limit yourself like that?

Imagine only being able to enjoy French art-house films or something to that end, all the things you would miss simply because you weren't open minded enough. Do you only listen to Mozart? I can't imagine what it would be like to go through life and being such an uninteresting person.

There's nothing wrong with hard literature -- it's fantastic and should be appreciated for what it is -- but there's nothing wrong with enjoying genre fiction or anything else of its ilk. Broaden your horizons and become a more well-rounded person.

It is not, nothing about her facial shape is the same and her eyes are a different color. It's not her.

American won

I thought they shopped her face to soften that chin, but looking around I can't find an original source for it. Damn.

>but there's nothing wrong with enjoying genre fiction or anything else of its ilk.
t. capeshit war spamming pedo that listens to 21 pilots whilst browsing /waifuist/

5%

>Atlas Shrugged
>God Tier

It's not like you're the only one to get fooled, it's been going around for years.

The Cursed Child is worse than fan fiction.

The food trolley lady from the train turns out to be a terminator, she throws pumpkin bombs and her hands turn into knives.

The dialogue reads like a bad tumblr post, with Malfoy's son saying things such as "Wow. Squeak. My geekness is a-quivering."

Voldemort had a baby with Bellatrix Lestrange, who we're supposed to believe was pregnant and gave birth during the Deathly Hallows.

The plot revolves around back to the future logic time travel, characters go back to the time of Goblet of Fire and accidentally create a future where Voldemort won the war and now everyone celebrates 'Voldemort Day.'

Save your money.

I'm just going to go ahead and call bullshit on everything you just typed.

Oh no.

I hate to break this to you, user...

Literature student here and that image is so triggering.

Pics or it didn't happen. Show me squeaky Malfoy if it's real

Yeah, the fountainhead is way better.

>More like dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.
This...actually seems pretty spot on. I really want to like HP, the books were a fun read, but the movies are just so inconsistent and dull, and they insist way too much on pointless scenes that are only there to show off special effects, rather than integrating them into a more dense plot. It's amazing that they shave off like 90% of the story from the books and end up with a plot so thin that you could cut the movies down about one third on average and still tell the same story.

I couldn't find pics, but google the line to find a hundred tumblr posts about it.

So have you actually read it, or are you just repeating memes?

I am not or but as an user who has read the whole book/script cover to cover, I can tell you that everything posted is true.

It's bait, so it's opinion is invalid.

I know it's bait, but even bait can hit the nail on the head every now and then.
I only agree with that one part about the movies, the rest is just pointless rambling.

what?

Why is it wrong, tumblr?

I read it then got a refund

>German covers with Harry awkwardly peaking out of the corner
my fuckin sides

It's worthless spam.

Spamming invalidates your opinion.

>didn't explain why its wrong

Why is it wrong, tumblr

I'm sorry you're too stupid to realize why.

But by all means, keep spamming your boogeyman.

An ant that just crawled on my screen said "go away quentinposters"

I still don't know if I ever watched Order of the Phoenix.

So you're saying if I didn't call you tumblr you would have explained in detail why two critics with more knowledge in both mediums are wrong and why you're correct??

I enjoyed the first five movies. The rest kinda fell apart...

3, 4, and 5 all had a very distinct look and feel. Even 1 and 2 did a good job of setting the stage, I think.

But the later films seemed washed out, the special effects looked like the special effects in every other movie. The final battle with Voldemort seemed all about cliched action film "pew pew lasers" and that dumb overused effect where people turn to ash, instead of the tension and sacrifice and heartbreak that those scenes were all about in the book.

As for the Cursed Child, I honestly didn't see anything wrong with it until the end. None of it is more outlandish than what Rowling did in the first seven books.

what the fuck is wrong with Finland?

where were critics mentioned at all?

Besides, Sup Forums has no respect for critics of any kind.

Go back to >>>/lit

>Sup Forums has no respect for critics of any kind
>board filled with RT threads
>Armand White reviews regarded as sacred texts
>youtube celebrities like CA and RLM have their dicks sucked constantly
You're fucking kidding right? The only board that cares more about reviews than Sup Forums is Sup Forums, and is coincidentally the only board shittier than Sup Forums.

I really don't know why there are people who want a TV series made out of Harry Potter.

They say that the films cut out too many things which is crap because what they cut out was mostly fluff. Also there are hardley any side plots. A TV show doesn't have anything more to offer.

>actual important worldbuilding

Rowling fans should probably not bandy about the word "Worldbuilding" so much. She's so bad at it, it's embarrassing.

Rowling's world building isn't really bad, it's just super lazy. It's a style similar to what you see in a lot of shounen manga, where the author is clearly making it up as they go along and filling in blanks where necessary to give the illusion of a vast world. But if you look at what you actually know, you realize how much of the setting you have to piece together with logical assumptions because the author never explained 90% of it.

remember the harry potter and trailer park boys crossover book?

Dont know if its a bad or good thing but fuck me I had wild imagination reading her books as a kid.

Yeah, it was supposed to be where the author makes stuff as they go along. So, I was okay with the inconsistencies in the earlier books but fans wanted worldbuilding just like all the Fantasy Big Boys and Rowling started doing it very crappily on Pottermore.

>how much of the setting you have to piece together with logical assumptions because the author never explained 90% of it.

You mean making lousy justifications for any mistakes.

In my opinion, best day of the week. Why is that Dudley?

So you dont make your own opinions because critics know more than you?

How sad.

Favorites:

>British
>American
>15th Anniversary Covers
>2014 UK Editions
>Danish
>Swedish
>Ukrainian
>Illustrated Edition

his fucking Dreamworks expression lol

Whichever country is above Germany's has the best one though. Who the fuck is that in the 2nd book cover? Lockhart?