>deletes battery acid

>deletes Queens of the Buttrock from existance

You spelled "existence" incorrectly.

nice buzzword

nice go fuck yourself pleb

>deletes I Sat By The Ocean

mad

>lol u mad bro???
Why all QofB fans are retarded children?

Deletes the time between now and their next album

calm down

this

You know damn well what buttrock means. The only reason you're calling someone out on using a 'buzzword' is because you don't want to face up to the fact that you listen to such shit music

I would not delete anything from this album, if anything I would add some of the great B sides that it has. Running Joke is beautiful.
>Can't even spell correctly.
As expected of such a pleb.

Fun Machine took a shit and died should've been on the album

>Can't even spell correctly.
What did he mean by this?

Indeed, my album got it, amazing track.
I meant that Mr.ESL shitposter should at least learn how to spell "existence" if he's gonna announce his shit opinions.

It's a buzzword because it doesn't even fucking describe the music properly. Learn how to actually express your criticism.

Buttrock is not legit criticism, is used by children who want to feel superior by bashing on relatively popular bands. And by the way, it does not even apply to QOTSA, you massive pleb.

On a semi-related note it looks like a Crooked vultures 2 could still happen. All three are still in contact

Why would you?
I'd add Rickshaw from DS 4 or 5.
3's 7's sound like it's straight outta those sessions, and they always keep a pop song in their catalogue to create some buzz. But they rarely play it live, hell, their live setlist is basically all made of hits. It's the perfect live band, at least as it appears on youtube.

but JPJ isn't getting any younger...so I hope it's sooner than later

Disagree as 10 tracks are too few already. I hope we get to hear some of the outtakes on a future release. It's one of the few albums that I can actually listen on repeat and never skip a song, along with Sky Valley, Blue Album, Abbey Road and Revolver, Red and Stained Class If I had a gripe with LC, it would be that in some parts it gets too melodramatic (no, not I Appear Missing, that song is perfect) and Fairweather has a clustered mix. I hope their next album delivers even if it's hard to follow such a masterpiece. I also noticed a curious pattern in their releases, will deliver if someone is interested. Sorry for the wall of text.

>will deliver if someone is interested.
Intrigued

dave injured his right leg a few years ago, it's uncertain whether he'll play drums again

Yeah, but don't expect much. Anyway, their six album to this point followed the same trend. Keep in mind that I love more or less all their albums and are among my favourite modern bands, sometimes I've considered them my favorite in recent time. Maybe it's because I don't listen to enough intriguing rock, but I'm getting sidetracked.
>S/T is realease and features bass heavy, groove led instrumentals, things that definitely could and should be aired on rock radios, instead fucking Foo Fighters all the time (or maybe it's only a thing in Italy, but I only got to listen to Go With The Flow once some years ago)
>the band follows up with Rated R, with Oliveri. That album is "experimental" and features a lot of diverse influences. It's a very varied album with mellower cuts (In the fade it's honeslty great) and lots and lots of outtakes and B-sides.
>SFTD it's the peak of their first phase (many insisted it's the apex of their career, I disagree) undoubtedly thanks to a huge cast of professionals and Nick too. Album has a poignant but minimalistic album cover. Grohl plays on it, though I'd not go as far as saying "hurr he made the album great" or "his best performance as a drummer". That comes later.
Continued in next post

This is getting oddly interesting. Been a fan for ten years, I never considered they "peaked" at SFTD, even though it's my personal favorite, because all of their albums have an absolutely different vibe.

Underrated b/c Turnin On the Screw, I'm Designer and Misfit Love are some of their best tracks. Somehow better than pretty much any track on Like Clockwork.

>LTParalyze comes over and is arguably a disappointment. Great album, great singles again (although I don't really get the buzz over Little Sister). Nick is fired, does not play on the album. It's a very simple album to the core, ofter elongated by, I'd say, musical wankery that goes nowhere. It's fair to say that this is the beginning og the new phase for QOTSA. Produced, like the self-titled, by Joe Barresi. Also somebody fix that fucking snare sound, goddamn Joey you dun goof'd. Dark and bass heavy sounds too,imo. All in all a good rock album, if not a tad on the meh side.
>Era Vulgaris, like Rated R, again, presents a varied and spacious range of sounds and, paraphrasing Josh, strange sound and experimental and goofy stuff. It's good but a little out there. I personally love the album because mixes a lot of different sounds, much like a Queen or, more recently, LCD Soundsytem album (the latter I think had some influences over I'm Designer). Rings any bell?
Continued and concluded

>Years pass and Like Clockwork it's a fucking masterpiece, the kind of album with perfect structure and flow, not reinventing the wheel but sure as fuck making a great impression in the heart of music lovers, period. Grohl comes back for a few tracks with -surprisingly- potent performances on the biggest tracks. I Appear Missing is in the Pantheon up with Stairway To Heaven, Abbey Road Medley, time Waits for no one, Beyond The Realms of fucking Death etc.(inb4 dadrock lmao)
My God is the sun is maybe the punchiest rock sound in decades (again, MAYBE there are others i do not know, still a superb song, even if the main riff is lifted from Gimme Water. Not really a steal since Chris Goss is Homme's mentor, more like a tribute. And this song is better anyways). Heavy bass on the album, like SFTD, and great variety of external contributors which allow the album to change pace when needed. Not really, since it's pretty short, but the point still stands. The artwork is simplistic on a red canvas (if you exclude the alternative covers). This is heralded again as their creative peak, even though many seem to disagree (just like . You, I don't like you) and put it under SFTD or, less frequently, other releases from the band. I guess by now you know how I feel. Smooth Sailing is I'm Designer part 2.
This is interesting as, if that was tha case, their next album would follow the same trend as S/T and LTP. I'm not even speculating, I''ve just noticed this random trend. I mean, it's so vague that I imagine you could do thath with virtually any band. I'm just inclined to write this because I love the band and I first noticed similiarities with the red album covers.
>tl;dr they make album that "mirror" one another: S/T and LTP, Rated R and EV, SFTD and LC
Cheers

It was a very interesting take, and I agree in several of the things you mentioned. Can't wait to see how the new album is going to play in all of this.

Wut, I don't like (You) either. I love QOTSA but found LC kind of disappointing. My God Is the Sun was the blandest single they could have put out, totally dull single imo. Sick Sick Sick wasn't great but it had some grit. I Appear Missing was much better, pretty close to Them Crooked Vultures. Never said anything bad about Rated R though, was my favourite album at one point.

What do you agree with? very curious.

How is that single bland? It is one of the finest rock cuts I can think of. As I said, nothing experimental but very flash. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Sick 3x, even if I love the start and stop rhythm.

Pffft, just didn't grab me at all, nowhere near as imaginative or creative as their best work, uninteresting melodies. It's like a castrated At The Drive-In track. Opinions I guess. One of the finest rock cuts you can think of? Jesus.

Mainly the parallelism of Rated R and Era Vulgaris being experimental and succeeding in doing so.

GODLESS HEATHEEEEEEEEEENS
Hook me up with some better shit, then.
No ATDI though, I'm off a binge of The Mars Volta and if I ever hear cedric again it will be too soon.
Possibly something that Fantano and mu never mention?

I don't know about "experimental" when it comes to Era Vulgaris. It's different, sure, but a whole lot of it is straight-up wankery imo.
>I Appear Missing was much better, pretty close to Them Crooked Vultures.
doesn't sound like anything TCV have put out to me

Yes, that's pretty much the less far fetched hahaha

Well, experimental as far as pop rock goes. I guess I really meant "spreading out, encompassing more nuances and genres". I'm not saying it worked flawlessly, I'm just biased 'cause I love the music, but the album is and oddball.

You sound like you've just started listening to rock music in general. If you think My God Is the Sun is amazing then Pixies are going to blow your dick off.

>doesn't sound like anything TCV have put out to me
Sounds pretty clearly cut from the same cloth as Warsaw and Daffodils. I can't explain it.

> never downloads any of this shit band's "music"

What Era Vulgaris succeeding in was the evolution of Homme's 'robot rock' sound he started with Qotsa's S/t.

Well that fucking sucks

He's really mad

>deletes Suture up my Future

literally one of the best tracks

There is a leak out of the new album, can't find it anywhere

anyone got a link?

>There is a leak out of the new album, can't find it anywhere
bullshit. the first single isn't even out yet. albums never get leaked before singles