post your album of the decade contenders

right artist wrong album

Boards of Canada — Tomorrow's Harvest

I like this as well.

i'm not fucking around

Decade meaning 2010-2019 or 2011-2020

amd yes I'm retarded

2010-2019

Maybe to musicians who want to worship the technical side of music, sure, but in every other way, no.

It's not even that "technical" at all. You're acting like he posted a Dream Theater or Rings of Saturn album. It's way more creative than technical.

tfw decade is so shit it's best work is a solo piano album

age of adz is splendid stuff
reminds me so much of Smile could have been
great but I prefer Kanye's longer albums desu

MBDTF

Is it even a question?

For me its this one, but this is an album that is very significant to me personally and has accompanied me through ups and downs of my life so I'm obviously very biased.

I like these choices too

I welcome you to stop posting at any time!

retard

What's wrong with Gloss Drop?

Every time I listen to Battles I think of how limited they are polyrhythmically and how in general they don't approach the style of complexity they're attempting with nearly enough gusto.

I'm telling you

fags

I never thought they were trying to be too complex, just creative

THE FACT

I'm pretty sure nothing about Gloss Drop is even trying to be complex.

IDK that's the vibe I get from their other 2 albums. I don't think Gloss Drop is particularly creative or exceptional compared to those 2 either.
Except Revolver, Sgt Pepper, and MMT are suitably avantgarde.

Go away CLT-lite

Just because we're both professional musicians doesn't mean we're the same.

My contenders are TPAB (>le kill whitey XD) Age of Adz and MBDTF

obviously this

obvious answer

People need to stop acting like hip hop albums are on par with other music.
No hip hop album will ever be an album of the X, no matter how often you spam it.

this better

eh, in a decade where music in the popular sphere looks like it will be defined by hip hop, a significant and extremely well made album in the genre could very well be the album of the decade

Kendrick already looks like he'll be remembered as the artist of this decade if nothing else

this. aotdsf for me

shut up dad

shiggy diggy doo

This or pic related

Either Age of Adz or Love You Honeybear. SOTD is Human Sadness by Julian Casablancas and the Voidz

Meme albums

These are the real answers 2015 was LIT

YES

Some of the worst bait I've seen in a while.

Top 3 of the decade so far: Carrie & Lowell, Sunbather, R Plus Seven

easy

Great choice

If it keeps aging aswell as it has for me I might put it above TPAB and IDLS

I agree. Both are top masterpieces in their lane of hip hop.

Vacation (2011) isn't even the best BTMI! album, let alone album of the decade.

that's not blonde

Greatest 2 Hr album ever?

Carrie and Lowell isn't even his best album

one of these or pic related

Tbh Age of Adz deserves it more but I feel this album deserves a little more recognition.
(i'm not will btw, just a shill.)

hi Will

These three

the only correct answer.

Self-pity is pathetic. Build on positive.

Acceptable responses

Stop.

Great choice. Stoked for Bandana.

Stop trying to deny it

A lot of the albums ITT wouldn't even be here if it weren't for MBDTF, it set a new standard for popular music

I like how no one has mentioned Blackstar

these
the seer yes, to be kind no

How are you going to call The Money Store good when Yezzus is better than it and you have Yeezus in the bad pile. Further more Government Plates is the second best Death Grips album and The Money Store is there second worst.

The live version is better.

It's the one that means the most to me

NotM is such a god damn masterpiece, seriously hope it gets the recognition it deserves one day

>being this delusional
>thinking that every important artist follows what kanye is doing.

Sup Forums is literally children wow. There's a lot of fucking music in every country of the world and you just pick whatever shit the hipster media agenda has to offer.

o ye

>complains about people's opinions
>doesn't post their own

Maybe I like NotM because I think its a good album?

>not thinking c&l is the best album of the century so far

RYM states otherwise?

Hi

there are exactly two good albums on this list

I think the problem is that hip hop fans can't keep their boners in check. The second someone drops an above average hip hop album, everyone creams themselves and spams about how it's the album of the century.
Then you have the fact that many hip hop/r&b fans don't listen to anything outside of these genres.
Ïf you look at fantano comments (yeah I know, shiggy), you can tell they're interested in nothing but the hip hop segments.
Both of these things don't exactly add to the credibility of hip hop albums being selected as aoty/d all the time.

Banana and Davis. Radiohead and Pink Floyd suck and Doolittle and TPAB are overrated.

The "correct" answer is 2011-2020, since there was no year 0, we started from 1 A.D.

2010-2019 feels more intuitive though, since all the years are in the 201X format.

Adding to that, I think the bar for an excellent hip hop album is much lower than that for most other genres. For a great hip hop album, you need excellent lyrics and excellent flow. If you replace flow with singing for other genres, then both of these things are still not enough for a great album, because you need excellent and innovative instrumentation as well. I think it's just not fair to compare them because of this.

Fight me fantano fags

good choices

teens of denial is better

i love it soo much
The Skeleton Dead - The Skeleton Dead

absolute retard

cunt