Any bands/musicians worth seeing in the Austin Texas area...

Any bands/musicians worth seeing in the Austin Texas area? Non festival stuff just bands or solo musicians that play local that arent shitty blues and country. Hopefully some that play regularly

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Esor4HOs1lI
youtube.com/watch?v=PkTzuktAuqs
totalunicorn.bandcamp.com/
clyp.it/il0agner
clyp.it/il0agne
showlistaustin.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd be interested as well, because up here in east Texas our local scene is almost entirely REALLY bad rap and REALLY REALLY bad metal.

>ywn get to see the Austin noise rock scene in its prime
why live?

Austin has arguably the best punk scene in the country right now.

You better go for some chicken shit bingo with Dale Watson

gonna see atdi at stubbs tomorrow night

>that's not shitty blues and country
as in you don't want those genres at all or just not bad versions of it?

Lets keep those genres out of the mix yeah

at least cherubs are back

Check out thieves if you like indie pop punk, or fuck man just walk down 6th Street in the weekend, there's a band in almost every bar.

Just go stare at the statue of Stevie Ray Vaughn

USA/Mexico really.

Beyond that, well worth following the liminal sound series, epistrophy arts, and the associated organisers (e.g. Haker-Flaten) if you enjoy improvised music

Anything Austin Noise

how to get into austin noise scene

>thieves
lol its not 2012 anymore

Atlas Mason

Summer Salt, Hikes and Skip Hobbie are the local bands I've enjoyed the most. What bars/venues do y'all go to for music? Cheer Up Charlie's has never disappointed me when it comes to shows.

We are The Asteroid. Band with one or the bassists from butthole surfers is really good

thanks user, ima see how much this shit costs
underrated

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Esor4HOs1lI

Night Drive. They're like a synth like 80s band. Think of The Smiths, Depeche Mode, and a bit of The Cure.

youtube.com/watch?v=PkTzuktAuqs

plenty

check out total unicorn if you ever get the chance
totalunicorn.bandcamp.com/

I think Blackie does shows down there.

any musicians near south austin in here? i just want to collab and play live music again. :(

Seconding Summer Salt. Very solid band

Texas has a shit music scene. OKC is where its at

Hikes, The Jibs, Jake Bardin, Kolsti Nguyen, Summer Salt, Tremble Out, Rella Fellas, head$pace

charalambides, tom/christina carter

BLXPTN is really great live, Megafauna, Golden Dawn Arkestra, and Calliope Musicals were all great live. Just wonder around dt loads of bands from other places pass through to play shows.

Swan Dive and Barbarella's are fun, any place down red river st should be okay.

S U R V I V E

Institute recently released a new album.

hello

well Metallica is going to san antonio, arlington, and houston

I saw Hikes at a house show they hosted
amazing set

are you into whiny self loathing?clyp.it/il0agner

>clyp.it/il0agne

this is legit, user

Tomorrow I wanna see Carrie Rodriguez at The Cactus Cafe but I doubt I'll wake up in time because I work the graveyard shift. Her album last year was awesome.

On Thursday I would love to see Shooter Jennings at Stubbs but again I doubt I'll wake up in time.

Next Friday I will not miss Street Sects and Lustron at Beerland. Very excited about that show.

is this sarcasm? i really can't tell anymore

showlistaustin.com/

i'm being sincere
most of my favorite music is made by whiny boys so of course i dig

hahaha, we whiners are the true innovators of sound. maybe once i sharpen my geetar skills and find someone to play other instruments then everyone will appreciate the whining.

what are you looking for ?

i guess bass but i haven't put much thought into what else. Not even sure if i want a live drummer because drummers are generally a hassle